What to do with kids early mornings

MalkaR

Mouseketeer
My kids wake up very early, usually around 6:30am. When we stayed in a tent at FW, they were up before 6. It was silent on our loop and I shushed them constantly so they wouldn't be waking people up. Even regular talking seemed to thunder through the silence. What do other tent campers do for early mornings?

Very quietly get ready, then go for breakfast (places should open by 7am, right?) then hit the EMH park? (Haven't camped at the Fort before though)

Its tough when tent camping as noise travels far in the quiet early morning.

I'm the one that usually beats getting up before anyone else in our tent. We stay in full sites though so a lot of travel trailers and motorhomes. If by chance DD 10 does get up early she will just lay in bed and read or play on her Kindle, sometimes she will ask if she can go and take a shower. I think if you get stuck, I mean placed in the 2000 loop you wouldn't need to worry about your kids waking everyone else up.

My kids wake up very early, usually around 6:30am. When we stayed in a tent at FW, they were up before 6. It was silent on our loop and I shushed them constantly so they wouldn't be waking people up. Even regular talking seemed to thunder through the silence. What do other tent campers do for early mornings?

Get an early morning start in the parks! :D

I think if you get stuck, I mean placed in the 2000 loop you wouldn't need to worry about your kids waking everyone else up.

Ha ha!

I remember that morning like it was yesterday.

Yeah, the 2000 loop can be in full kid yelling, bike crashing, comfort station door slamming, parents yelling uproar by 0630. Your kids might be considered quiet.

I base this off of a visit to see Snowmedic (first time we ever met). It was 0600 in the morning and walked all the way from 400 loop to 2000. It was quiet as a mouse in the campground, but as I got closer to 2000 loop it quickly turned to chaos. That loop had about 200 kids running and yelling all over the place. I still say it was like that scene from Poltergeist when he opened the door to the bedroom and all the kids toys were tearing the place apart.

My kids wake up very early, usually around 6:30am.
630 is early? Okay... maybe for those who come to the Fort simply to "Relax" (or those who come to get drunk and party at night) but for the park goers I don't think of 630 as early.

Anyway, it sounds like you are trying to do the right thing and be a responsible parent (which I applaud). My advice is to just do the best you can. Maybe some of those "electronics" to occupy them until everyone else gets moving around.

Okay we only have furbabies but some where around 6am we can count on at least one of them wanting to go out. Fortunately the older one is not a barker and the 2 little ones only get upset when they are not the center of attention But we have found that even at that hour we are not the only ones up and about. Your kids will not be the only kids At Disney and like all kids anxious to spend a day in search of Mickey and his friends so I wouldn't get too worried about them making some noise in the am

Frankly at 6:30, as others have mentioned, the park goers are already up and about. I wouldn't worry too much about it. So long as they aren't truly outside screaming and yelling, I doubt you'll be anywhere near the most inconsiderate people around! We have a small motorhome, but we were always up and having breakfast between 6:0 and 6:30 outside, and then off to the transportation. I have 3 kids, twin 5 year olds and a 7 year old. But they knew just to speak in normal voices and we kept a close eye on them. I think you'll be fine.

I get up at 6:00 to walk the dog, shower at 6:30, then drink coffee and watch the morning news at 7:00 outside. Plenty of activity outside at that time.

As others stated 6:30 isn't early at the fort!! Last year I got up early 4:00 and didn't have my mb to get back in the cabin but did have keys to the golf cart that was my best time at the fort! Just me and my coffee cruising the fort. It's amazing the sights you see that early.

Lucky you-you have kids who still want to get up early. Wait a few years and you will have to coax them out of bed.

Seriously, I wouldn't worry. No matter where we camp, there are always kids up and about early in the morning. To me-that's a part of camping.

Lucky you-you have kids who still want to get up early. Wait a few years and you will have to coax them out of bed.
Yeah.... my dd12 is always a challenge to get up every morning for school. Maybe it's just the SCHOOL thing? (I doubt it though, because even weekends she wants to sleep in.)

Well, I'm taking my kids to a regular campground, so we'll see what early mornings are like away from Disney! Ahhh!

Just do your best and try not to stress about it too much. I'm one of those old folks who goes camping at Disney, but fully expect to encounter kids, and fully expect said kids to get up early and make noise. The excitement of being at Disney, and waking up camping is just going to have them out of bed early. Not much you can do about it.

It IS Disney, after all. Late sleepers, like myself, will just doze back off after the young families have all cleared out for the parks.

Get them dressed and tell them to go out and forage for breakfast.
RS happy to see that your time at the NSS Rehab Center has yielded some positive results Tiggerdad will be very proud

Just do your best and try not to stress about it too much. I'm one of those old folks who goes camping at Disney, but fully expect to encounter kids, and fully expect said kids to get up early and make noise. The excitement of being at Disney, and waking up camping is just going to have them out of bed early. Not much you can do about it.

It IS Disney, after all. Late sleepers, like myself, will just doze back off after the young families have all cleared out for the parks.

I agree with @FortForever . Unless you really have downright unruly children or they are obnoxiously loud, Don't sweat it and enjoy. :)
I am in same Boat as both FortForever and Peg After a quick out for our kids it's either back to bed or we stay up have a spot of breakfast and get ready for a longer out for the kids after we make a note of when your kid woke us up today to make sure we blare I mean PLAY Reveille an hour earlier for them tomorrow

Last edited:
If you are up and wanting to do something besides going to a park...

You could walk and/or boat over to the Wilderness Lodge and get some breakfast at their QS.

Get them dressed and tell them to go out and forage for breakfast.
The more I have thought about what RS has to say the more Wisdom I see in what he has to say I see you have 3 boys and depending on how ADVENTUROUS they may be I suggest that you consider sending them off on an early morning nature hike. Make it contest,
A. Have them see how close they can get to the assorted wildlife in the area. Hint they may want to avoid the aquatic lizards
B. Have them see if they can find the secret headquarters of the NSS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter