What to avoid

I am still confused why they changed Alien Encounter to the Stitch thing :confused3. Not a fan of that and the original ride was actually pretty cool and scary. Whatever :eek:.

NEVER do the Swiss Family Robinson Tree unless you are with little kids who like to climb :goodvibes. We have been to WDW several times and never had an interest in doing this so our last trip we said let's do it and see what it is all about. 90+ humid degrees and a DH with a ♥ problem....not a good mix. As we were huffing and puffing our way to the top (I am not in terrible shape but could be better) I said "what do we get at the top?" My DH said "A STROKE!" :rotfl:I thought the people behind us would fall out of the tree from laughing so hard.

I honestly think WDW tries hard to please many different groups of people and that is why you get mixed reviews on so many rides/restaurants/hotels etc... :grouphug: I absolutely will never do that ride with Nemo in EPCOT but I could see how 3 year olds would adore it....not for us! On the other hand, I like Test Track and I know others who hate it....to each his own I guess:rolleyes1

We liked Alien Encounter too. Stitch is stupid and a waste of time to us.

We always end up doing the Nemo ride once. It's boring but for some reason my kid likes it :confused3

We always skip Living with the Land. We did it on our honeymoon and about 3 minutes into it I wanted to cry. I was so bored and just wanted to go do something fun!

my husband loves all the rides at all the parks but mission space made all of us sick . will not do that ever again

what is HM?

My kids also HATED Stitch! Especially since I sat in someone's leftover gum and spent 20 minutes in the bathroom trying to get it out (by the way, the alcohol based hand sanitizer worked great!). The gift shop nicely gave me a new tshirt for free.

I am sad to say this, but my boys also avoid HM. Every time we are on the ride, it stops around the graveyard. I still talk them into going, and last time we were almost through the ride when it stopped. DS 21 was in another doom buggy and yelled out: "OMG Not again...!"

Swiss family Robinson treehouse was really lame. And it was one of the things I was MOST excited to see since I LOVED that movie. We went to it right after POC as soon as we got to the park on our very first trip. I was rather disappointed.

Honey I Shrunk the Audience was nowhere near entertaining enough to sit around waiting just to then sit through the 10 min Kodak commercial beforehand. After seeing Mickey's Philharmagic, it just wasn't anything special.

I will never go on It's a Bug's Life EVER EVER AGAIN!! I was terrified and I'm a 23 year old. By the end of the show I was curled up on the edge of my seat with my feet off the floor, hands over my ears and my eyes closed. I was close to tears. I had heard warnings before we went but thought I could handle it cause I wasn't little kid. I couldn't. I'm scared of bugs and it was a real life nightmare!

We have learned to avoid all food at the water parks! Our last day we had 1 quick service left and got a cheeseburger and fries that everyone agreed must have been 10 days old! It was the worst food we'd seen in all of the parks. I feel like Disney owes me that credit back :surfweb:

For my bunch our "Never Do Again" list is reasonably short:

Stitch's Adventure
Carosel of Progress (We had the misfortune to be there during a malfunction and had to endure one 'section' for 30+ minutes)
Hall of Presidents - Way too political - But what did I expect?

My parents dragged me on the Alien Encounter ride when I was 5, I was terrified and cried the whole way through it.

I wouldn't do the Nemo ride, that was just boring in my opinion.

I'm not a fan of Mission Space but I feel I'll have to do it once on this trip. Me and my mum were so ill after this we made it to the benches outside mousegear, lay on them for about fifteen minutes then stumbled back to the hotel

As I said in a post in the restaurant section, I try to judge things on the type of attraction. You can't really compare Nemo to say Space Mountain.

For my DD 3 last year, she LOVED Nemo. 5 times while the older kids went to Soarin. For the 3 year old, Nemo is great, for a 12 year old, it was worth a look.

Some of our family dislikes......teacups. A ride I personally didn't care for was the Kali River Rapids. I wouldn't wait long in line for it, I just kept thinking the whole time how fun it would be to do this in a canoe! But I imagine for a lot of people, they LOVE that ride. So, its a good ride, for me it didn't hold a lot, I will ride it again as long as I don't have to wait over 5 minutes! :)

I loved the Bug's Life, guess it's one of those "to each his own" things. I will agree with most of this thread and say Stitch's great escape is not one of my favorites. My 8 year old was scared. I'm also not a fan of the "enchanted tiki hut." Pretty lame. I walked out. As for Mission Space: The first time I rode the ride, I loved it! We rode the more intense one (can't remember whether it was orange or green line) but the second time I rode it, I was quite nauseous and my husband had to sit down after we rode. Unless you really like spinning rides, don't do Mission Space.
I will never go on It's a Bug's Life EVER EVER AGAIN!! I was terrified and I'm a 23 year old. By the end of the show I was curled up on the edge of my seat with my feet off the floor, hands over my ears and my eyes closed. I was close to tears. I had heard warnings before we went but thought I could handle it cause I wasn't little kid. I couldn't. I'm scared of bugs and it was a real life nightmare!

-Amanda
'83 off site, '09 BC, '09 CBR, next: Sept '10 POR!

I may be the only one...and it's not that I wouldn't recommend it, but I HATE HATE HATE Tower of Terror!

I didn't think I would like it in the first place but my boyfriend at the time rode it alone and loved it. He begged me to go on and said it wasn't too bad and he thought I'd really like it...so, I did. The elevator dropped 5 times (I think? I lost count)

...and I cried like a little girl...

....I was 25!!

lol

I'm sure many love it, but I will watch those people scream from the ground thank you very much :)

Just got back from WDW yesterday. DH and kids insisted we ride the Stitch ride. I tried to warn them, telling them all the awful things I had read on the DIS. :rotfl: I thought it would be just horrific and terrifying and that I would run screaming from the theater or something. :rotfl2: It turned out to be just fine. Mildly amusing, not fabulous, but certainly not monstrous. Or scary. DS3 was fine with it. I can see how some children might have a problem with it, but my DS3 is pretty fearless. (He also rode Dinosaur and TOT - twice. No issues.)

Bottom line: don't knock it until you try it. I don't think there is any attraction in WDW that I wouldn't try.

Now, would I visit this attraction again? Only if I had already done all of my faves and had more time and energy to kill...

On a side note, we did see the Captain EO movie in Epcot. DH and I both agreed it was really cool. DD15 didn't like it (too outdated for her, I think) but DS9 loved it and so did DS3. First time for us!

Now remember, YMMV. Good luck!

I never need to do the Stitch ride again--not because it was scary. I just didn't find it entertaining. I would much rather ride Transit Authority or wait in line for Space Mountain.

I also wouldn't wait more than 5 minutes for Astro Orbitor. The only time I've done it, we had to wait for it to be cleaned up from the previous sick rider.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!