What time will you be at RD and are you staying onsite?

What time will you be WAITING at RD for SWGE?

• 4:00 am

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 4:15 am - 4:30 am

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • 4:30 am - 5:00 am

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • 5:00 am - 6:00 pm

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • What is SWGE?

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Planning on getting in line prior to 4:00 am/overnight

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Also, i think you meant 5am to 6am?

Dang! Yes. Thank you. I tried to Edit and change but I can't find where it will let me edit the choices...gggrrrrr..

Last edited:
I voted for 4:30am to 5am. But will likely be there closer to 5am.
We'll also be at BWV so see you on the walk over on the 11th.
Also, i think you meant 5am to 6am?

We are going for a long weekend Sept 6th- 8th. We have a room onsite at pop. Our strategy is to drive through the late afternoon/ evening the day before (Sept 5th) so we dont burn a hotel night to sleep for 4 hours and then wait in line. I have read/ heard elsewhere that you are eligible for EMH the day of your check in so long as you check in online, so fingers crossed they let us in no problem (I think the system changes over every day at 6AM) We have a 6-7 hr drive so if we leave after work and a nap we should get to Disney about 4AM. I have no idea if it will be insanely packed when we show up in the dead of night or if we will be trapped among hordes of people.

For opening day, not staying on site I live 20 mins away, If allowed I'll queue overnight, thinking of arriving around 10pm. If they don't allow overnight then whatever earliest time they are allowing people to arrive. For EEMH I have a room booked at All Stars for Sept 2nd through 4th getting there no later than 4am

Late October for us but depending on what the crowds do the first month we will be at RP around 4:30-5... if the crowds are really mellow (doubt it) then 5-530

I voted 4:30 - 5am, we’ll be there 9/9-9/13 and plan on doing a couple of early mornings. Just me and my son taking a little trip before he heads off to the army and he wants to do the build a lightsaber so one morning will be just to get that done.

For opening day, not staying on site I live 20 mins away, If allowed I'll queue overnight, thinking of arriving around 10pm. If they don't allow overnight then whatever earliest time they are allowing people to arrive. For EEMH I have a room booked at All Stars for Sept 2nd through 4th getting there no later than 4am

Interesting. I bet there will be quite a few of people like you that will want to queue overnight. I bet the first few nights this will happen but hoping not on September 11 lol

Staying at POP August 28-September 7. Made the reservations before opening of SWGE was announced. We will wait for the EEMH days and hope to be there around 4:30. If that works, we'll try it again another day as well.

We're planning a family trip in May 2020, but having grown up on both Disney and Star Wars I am seriously contemplating a solo, 48-hour opening day trip from Toronto. Am looking at flying into MCO on August 28th and simply heading to the queue as early that evening/night as I am allowed. Then staying overnight at POP on the 29th (hoping also for a first skyliner experience on this trip!!), then flying home on the 30th. All contingent of course on release of opening day details.

Planned day is Wednesday 9/4-was planning to get there between 4:30-5:00, but I will be watching the crowds and reports leading up to that day to see if we need to try for earlier.

Staying onsite at POP late Sept into Oct. We only have 1 morning set for HS, and 2 evenings. Assuming a virtual queue is in place, along with reservations for Oga's, I'm going to try to make reservations so we can get in the evenings. For the morning, I'm expecting the Skyliner to be open by then and will get the troops up before 4 in hopes to arrive before 4:30. Definitely think even though it says they'll open at 6, they'll be open by 5:30. I'm happy I have a few weeks of EEMH before we arrive so we can gauge how it's going and see when we really need to be there.

Staying onsite at POP late Sept into Oct. We only have 1 morning set for HS, and 2 evenings. Assuming a virtual queue is in place, along with reservations for Oga's, I'm going to try to make reservations so we can get in the evenings. For the morning, I'm expecting the Skyliner to be open by then and will get the troops up before 4 in hopes to arrive before 4:30. Definitely think even though it says they'll open at 6, they'll be open by 5:30. I'm happy I have a few weeks of EEMH before we arrive so we can gauge how it's going and see when we really need to be there.

Yes, I wish I had at least a few weeks or months and was very happy when I first booked that we were just missing SWs. I'm really not a fan but figuring getting to a park about 4:15 am will be a new experience for me LOL I am also guessing, like you, we will be let in early as they still do for FoP. I'm locked into going on September 11 since I booked an extra night at BWVs just so we can walk over so I'm not changing my date. I do not plan on going back to MGM any other day or in the evenings. We will do SW, TSM, ToT and head back to the GFVs or sit somewhere for a little bit, have a little breakfast and watch the crowds swarm in. Hoping we can do those three attractions without too much lines since we won't be able to do any FP until 9 am and I'll be hoping to leave about that time or a little after.

Staying onsite! We'll be at the World 3-13th. HS days the 4th and the 10th. We will be arriving at HS 4:15ish, or that's our plan currently. I'll see what happens as far as crowds for opening weekend and adjust accordingly.

Going down with two friends and we're all staying on site the night of the 28th and 29th even though we're semi-local. I'm prepared to "camp out" the night of the 28th if need be. (Obviously still waiting on official procedures from Disney.)

Staying at Pop from sept 7th and planning on GE/HS on sept 10th. We’ll have a few days before we arrive to see how things are panning out. I’m a huge Star Wars fan so I’ll be there at 4.30 if we have to, but we have a 3 year old and 5 year old so if there’s any way I can avoid that, I’ll be taking it. They’re pretty early risers but I’m talking 6am! 4am/3.45am would be a stretch, even for them.

Staying at the Beach Club and plan to walk to HS Sep 1st. We arrive the day before from Germany so for the first time ever I'm glad that the time difference makes me wake up around 3 pm. Plan to be at the gate not later than 4pm.

We are staying at the Dolphin aug 30-sep 4 and will try walking over to HS at 4:45. Probably sept 2/3. Should be fun!

We will be at POP Sept 2-13, not big SW fans but might peak in on the excitement if we can... Excited about the 6 am park openings so we can hit TSL . We will avoiding HS on the weekends and have 2 mornings and 2 evenings planned there ( for Fantasmic and World of Animation ). We will see how early the buses are running and hopefully things will calm down a drop after the Labor Day weekend.

We can walk from yacht club but I have my parents and my kids so I’m pretty sure 4am is out of the question. I’m hopeful that at 7am the rush will pass and the land will still be allowing people in. We are going to try middle of the week in mid September. Maybe AP previews and slower week may help. Honestly it will change after I see how the first two weeks go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter