What should I expect on a 2 week Panama Canal Cruise?

That’s the one we did. Low key but a good overview of the city. I saw the long line of the horse drawn carriages in Old Town; it was very noisy.

Hi yes we run programs such as Flubber, royal ball and Mouseketeer training.

Thanks, Cast Member. The nighttime Flubber in the Club was fun.

A good idea of activities on previous cruises can be found in old Navigators.

Relaxation. You’re not doing the “didn’t I just unpack my suitcase” game. And you don’t have to do everything offered; you’ve got time to put up your feet and read a book.

Have room service. Skip the MDR and eat in Cabanas.

I sailed solo. I joined the DIS groups for a dining group of 14. It was like a big happy family, including a charming toddler and those in their 70s. There was even a couple from the town next to mine.

Online, you can find Navigators from previous cruises. I don’t think I’m supposed to link webpages here. You can look up Personal Navigators or DCL Personal Navigators. Then click on the Wonder tab and they will show you a list from which to choose.

An example of a unique activity - Hide and Seek with the Officers. The Captain actually dressed as a deck worker, and guests went around to find him (probably looking for him in his normal uniform). Held midday on a Sea Day.

Roaming characters. Especially on Canal Transit Day.
View attachment 446090 View attachment 446091

School kids waving as we passed the locks. With obligatory horn music.
View attachment 446092

Panamanian authorities came onboard; if you left your passport at Guest Services that day, you got your passport stamped.

I also did WBPC in May 2014 (15 nights) and Transatlantic both ways. The first EBTA was boring, as there was very little organized activities. They have definitely improved the onboard program.
Oh that’s so awesome! My wife and would love to be able to sit the other DISers at dinners. I’m guessing it’s too late to coordinate that. :(

I hadn’t read DISboards in years due to a lapse in travel. Otherwise, i would have read your post and started that ball rolling a while ago.

It probably is too late to get a group together unless you have already joined in the Cruise Group Meet for your sailing. Then you’d have an idea of personalities and who might be interested.

Might be a reason to go on another cruise ;)

Bon Voyage.

We've done 2 WBPC trips, 2017 and 2019, we love the longer itineraries as they offer many more options for relaxation and really getting to know the ship, you have much more freedom to decide what you want to do, you can go ashore at the ports or just stay on board if you want, you don't feel pressured to "do everything" all at once. And has been said it's one of the best bargains out of all the itineraries DCL offers. I should point out, that with the refit the Wonder had in Cadiz in 2016 she can no longer fit into the old Panama Canal Locks everyone see's on documentaries and in YouTube Videos. In 2017 the Wonder officially was the 1st Passenger Cruise ship to transit the NEW larger Panama Canal Locks (Post Panamax), so you won't have the experience that you might be expecting, however they do make it entertaining and you definitely want to devote some of your Canal day to watching the locking process. It's very fascinating to see. We're booked on the 2021 WPBC already so looking forward to sailing out of New Orleans for this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter