What rides for 5yo, and 8yo??Help

xmas16

Mouseketeer
Hi, Planning on visiting US/IOA in late January. Never been there before. Only have one day. Was wondering what rides are appropriate for kids this age? We are not a large roller coaster type family if that helps. I've read there are many "thrill" rides at the parks. I've read about the rides but was wondering if I can get some feedback from those of you who have been there with young kids. I can't see us on the Hulk, maybe spiderman, but are there enough tamer rides for the kids? Thanks for any suggestions.

Lots!!! At Universal Studios, they can do Jimmy Neutron, Shrek, Twister, Distaster, maybe Jaws if they aren't scared of sharks, Men In Black if they are okay with aliens, ET, Animal Actor Show and perhaps Terminator but it is loud with lots of shooting of course. At Islands of Adventure they can do Storm Force Acceletron, all of the rides in the Suess area, the huge Jurassic Park Discovery centre and the playground.

There is also a nice kids area in Universal Studios with some wet interactive things for them to do. If the 5 year old still like Barney, there is a great show as well.

You will have so much fun at Universal. Basically the big coasters are:Hulk, Dueling Dragons, Mummy. Everything else is pretty doable. If your kids are sensitive you will have to make judgement calls there, but there will still be plenty of things to do.

Try Spiderman, it's a great ride. If it gets a little too intense for the kids, I just take off their 3-D glasses and they are fine.

The only other rides that you may want to check out are the water rides-they can have big drops-but only one big drop at the end so those are usually O.K. for the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter