What restaurants are on your "must" eat at list?

goofyfordisney

DIS Veteran
We will be at Universal/IOA for 2 nights--the weekend before Thanksgiving. We would like to eat at Mythos (lunch) and Margaritaville (dinner) for sure. We need one more place for lunch and for dinner. What would you suggest? We have 2 sons (8 & 13)--we are not interested in fancy. We mostly want good food & a fun atmosphere!

Thanks!
Sue:)

We leave in 8 days!!!:bounce:

Our "never miss" list always includes Confisco's, Mythos and because of my son, the Hard Rock Cafe. It's his birthday place every year now.

Confisco's became a fave because of their character lunch, which is now defunct MUCH to my chagrin... :( ... but it's still a regular. MYTHOS is our new obsession, an experience all it's own. The Hard Rock is more for atmosphere than food, but, like MYTHOS it's an experience.

We enjoyed the Hard Rock Cafe on our trip last week. It's defenitely not a quiet atmosphere but it's fun to walk around and look at everything they have on the wall! Services was good and the food was very good (except the kids pizza).

I think Mythos and Margaritaville are great choices.

Latin Quarter, definitely. The meal I had there was wonderful!!
I have been hungry for their salsa since last June!!!!!!

Kim

Everything is so close together there is no problem hopping over to CW for a meal when you are in the parks. However if you want a good chioce in US we like Finnagan's (sp?). Mythos has to be the top chioce for IOA. In CW we enjoyed Margarettaville, NBA City and Pastamore'. With 2 sons you probably can't miss with NBA City

So as not to repeat, let me suggest that you may like Mythos so much, you'll want to go back a second time.

We did!

It's that good.

My family loves Lombard's Landing and Finnegan's at Universal Studios, Confiscos Grill and Thunder Falls Terrace at IOA unfortunately I think both of them are currently closed, and over at CityWalk, Nascar Cafe and we've always heard great things about Hard Rock Cafe althought we've never eaten there. We've also heard great things about the places to eat over at the Portafino Hotel, and are planning on eating in the next couple of weeks.

Just my imput in the deal, Enchanted oak(good ribs), Pizza Preditoria (The B-B-Q chicken and pineapple, don't knock it until you try it), and Burger Digs(Gator Meat need I say more.). Enchanted Oak is in Lost Continent and Pizza and Burger Digs is in Jurassic Park, well not the actual park... aw hell you know what I mean.

Into the restuarant yes but it does get very loud into the bar no they're not even allowed pass the doors. But I'm really not sure

Latin Quarter or Margaritaville both excellent for lunch, and if the wallet allows it, you should try Emeril's. Food and service not to be outdone there. And, of course, don't miss Mythos in IOA. We also enjoyed a "Dagwood" sandwich outside of DDR falls.
:p

Check to see if Hard Rock is doing a character dinner Saturday evening. They offer a great menu at The Sunset Grill and the characters really adds to the fun:)

I like Latin Quarter...food is creative and good with a fun atmosphere. My son's loved NBA City. Stop by the Gelateria after dinner one night at Portofino...wonderful Cappuccino, yummy homemade gelato and ice cream and the best cannoli's:):bounce:

Have Fun!

Is the Sunset Grill a buffet or a-la-carte for dinner? How expensive is it? We are staying at the HRH and arriving on New Year's Eve (plane lands about 4pm). I'm considering just eating here before heading to the parks. I'm thinking it might be less crowded than Citywalk. How bad do you think Citywalk will be about 6-7pm on New Year's Eve?

Karen, the buffets at both hard rock and portofino arent available all the time. (The dinner ones) Since you will be there over a holiday you may have luck with buffets for dinner. If the Sunset Grill is offering one I wouldnt hesitate eating there. I really enjoyed the food. They also offer menu dining. Nice selections, very fresh and creative. I am unsure what you will find crowd wise New Years eve for dinner but I imagine the earlier the better off you will be. What a great place to be for New Years! Wish it was me:)

Thanks Jessica. Yes, I hope it will be great, particularly since it will be my birthday. Yes, I'm a New Year's Eve baby.

We are doing a couple of days at Universal and then over to Disney (Boardwalk Inn) for six nights. We had a great time at Disney last mid-January and hope to have an equally great time this year.

I like the following restaurants:

IOA:
Mythos
Burger Digs
Cafe 4
Fire Eater's Grill

Citywalk:
Margritaville
Hard Rock Cafe
Emeril's

USF:
Monster Cafe (for the rotisserie chicken)

Avoid Mel's Diner at all costs. If all the restaurants close at USF and Mel's is the only one open, run away and go to Citywalk. :)

The Sunset Grill at the Hard Rock Hotel has a great continental breakfast buffet. :)

So Barry --
I guess you don't like Mel's Diner?

(wonder if Robin will invite you there for lunch)

Barry,

When we were there on Fri, Nov 2 I asked the waiter about a continental breakfast buffet. He said he didn't know what I was talking about.

Was I misled?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter