What Resorts Do You Refuse to Stay At?

I will stay at all the resorts...All-Star is great as many that stay there are families and I love sitting in the food court and watch families come back at the end of the day. Kids half asleep, parents are laden down with bags...every one of them exhausted. There is just something to that...the magic of Disney and people experiencing it for the first and most likely, only time.

We did not care for CBR at all. Also, would not stay at any of the values unless it was in a suite, just too small for us.

Our best trip was our first in August 2012 (not counting when I went as a kid in 1993). My son was 8 and it was completely magical. We stayed at Pop Century. I am always surprised at the hate it gets, we loved it! Maybe because it was just myself and an 8 year old and the room was plenty big for us. I can see it being tight for a family of 4. We did not find it to be loud, we had a 50's lakeside room. We have now stayed at all levels and I really like the food court setup and the roped off queues at the bus stops at Pop. I also love the one bus stop at Pop. At Riverside, we hated how spread out it was despite our Preferred room and disliked the multiple bus stops. We missed having a good quick service place at the Beach Club and disliked sharing the bus with YC/Swan/Dolphin. (The pool can't be beat, however!) I am glad Disney offers something for everyone. :)

I wouldn't stay at a value resort with my family again. I was satisfied enough with a quick adults only trip where my best friend and I shared a room at ASSports. With family I would like nicer surroundings though.

As far as moderates I wouldn't do CBR if I had the option. It's a little too spread out and I just enjoyed CSR more.

I don't think there isn't a single resort I wouldn't stay at. We're becoming a family of 5 next year so we'll have to be open to more resorts and maybe even offsite (*gasp*).

We will never stay in Grand Floridian again and I would warn anyone who wants to stay there - the rooms are worn and tired looking and even dirty in some areas of the hotel and the hotel rooms. A huge disappointment for their flagship hotel. For that price point, which we will willingly pay for a fabulous hotel, we were totally let down. It was like staying at the values where you (almost) expect it.

Prime example - there was hair in the corner of my bathroom when I arrived and it was there when I left. Secondary example - scuffs on the walls and pillars, dirty carpet. GF was just a huge disappointment.

The campgrounds. If I am going camping, Disney is not going to be my choice of spots.

I will add, I wont stay at campgrounds but will visit for the dinner shows

We had a bad experience with neighbors at Pop, it can probably happen at any hotel but this kind of ruined the resort for my wife and I.

Honestly None of the Values tempt me in the slightest. Currently working my way around the monorail loop, loved the Poly and have an upcoming vacation planned at the Contemporary. The value theming just doesn't do it for me. Haven't stayed at any moderates but would definitely be willing to try.

Never stayed at a Value, not rush to stay at a Moderate again, we decided for our ealry 3 year trips, it's Deluxe only (maybe a cabin with enough people).

We had okay stays in some nice rooms in the Moderates, but hate the food courts (too much hassle for the poor cafeteria-quality food, not to mention the waits and pushing and shoving because of everyone filling their mugs) and the bus-centric transportation (we don't plan to ever ride a WDW bus again).

That doesn't mean we are ga-ga over the Deluxes either, some of those rooms (and especially bathrooms) are pretty Holiday Inn-esque for a "4 diamond" hotel. But they are "on property" (money only goes so far at theme park rates) and we like the additional dining options and the convenience of some Deluxes near the parks (we can walk, monorail or boat to some parks and we drive to the rest).

We love the campground! It is actually our favorite resort.... but, we have a RV and love the relaxing and laid back feel of the campground. I wouldn't like it if I had to stay in a tent.

I have visited some of the Values and find the theming to be too much. When I get back to the resort I want to relax.

I don't think there is anywhere I wouldn't stay- I would just be happy to be at Disney!

Any place that's not BCV. ;)

I have to say that while I often find people to be annoyingly picky in certain places (not talking about this forum of course :rolleyes1), I have to agree with the campgrounds sentiment. Camping just doesn't equate to vacation in my mind. Fort Wilderness is awesome though, but only in a cabin. (I've never actually tried one but did stay in the trailers back in the good ole days!)

Being blind the beach club is the only Disney resort that has a policy that they throw laundry into the hallways onto the floors as they clean rooms,

That's crazy. I would have reported that. May I ask - were you in the hotel part or the villas (separate building)?

Any resort that needs its own internal transportation system, i.e., CBR, FW, SSR and OKW.

After some real life experiences I’ve heard, I think All Star Sports is absolutely horrible, but there are a few circumstances where it may be acceptable for a low enough price.

Everywhere else that’s a WDW owned and operated resort, I’m game for staying at least once. And while I like some places more than others, I would stay again at everywhere I have already stayed at.

IOW, there is no where that I have stayed on Disney property that I would refuse to stay again. IMO, WDW does turn out a good product in its resorts. :)

As the title says, what resorts do you refuse to stay at and why? What resorts have you stayed at, but refuse to stay at again or even stray others from staying there?

I think the word refuse is a little strong, but we would never choose to pay for any resort beyond a value. We use the room to sleep and shower, and we don't really care much at all about the theme or amenities, so why spend all the extra bucks for a fancier room? We've stayed at AKL and the BWI (AKL was a special occasion...the kids 13th birthday and he wanted to watch the animals from the balcony, so we went for two days. We loved it, but we didn't think it wa something we'd be willing to spend the money for again. We stayed at BWI twice when DH was attending a conference and the boss was footing the bill. We actually did not like BWI for any aspect other than location).

Last week we stayed at a Disney Good Neighbor Hotel (is that he right name for them?) in Kissemme which cost us about $60/night and included a hot breakfast buffet and we were perfectly happy there, we didn't feel it was lacking in convenience, it was clean and comfortable and it certainly was nice to not spend as much money on the room that we only sleep in.'

Let me add: I would refuse to stay at Fort Wilderness, but that's because I only sleep indoors, in a bed. There is no amount of money that someone could pay me to go camping. Especially in Florida with the humidity and the lizards.

I'd stay anywhere at Disney if that was what I needed to do to go there.

That said, I have no interest in staying at the Grand Floridian. Was treated poorly by management once while visiting. Just don't like the overall theme or vibe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter