What percentage of your income do you spend on your holiday?

ben1993

DIS Veteran
Inspired by a thread on another Disney board, I thought it would be interesting to see what percentage of posters annual incomes they spend on holidaying, so you don't have to say how much you earn in £'s!!

I spend about 35% which consists of (usually) a "big" holiday like Florida and a cheaper mini-break like 4 nights in Ibiza a year. I only pay for myself too.

Looking at next year and just our Disney holiday.... I'd say about 20% of our joint income. Quite scary really. 35% is incredible!

10% for 2 weeks at WDW and a week at Centre Parcs this year. I'm scared now I've actually worked that out!

Less than 10% of our joint income, probs closer to 5. We don't have a holiday every year because of the cost- we alternate and have a holiday one year and do a DIY/decorating project next.

Significantly less than 5%. Holidays are at the very end of the budget and the first thing that gets cut. Plus we travel on the cheap....

Last year for our big honeymoon was around 15% (eeesh)

This year 4 days DLRP + week at Center Parcs + 2 weeks in La Gomera is about 3% which is much better!

A 'normal' trip to WDW like we had in 2009 and are planning for 2014 (2 weeks deluxe, economy flights) would be around 8% including spending money.

depends were im going i dont earn enough to move out of my parents home and my mom says better to enjoy while i can

now I wish I hadn't worked it out - about 17% of annual joint income (and that's gross income not net - 22% of net yikes) for one week at a Disney Resort. Worth every penny though

For WDW (direct flights, Disney cruise and a deluxe onsite hotel for at least two weeks), it's around 10%. For holidays in general, it's around 20%- eek!

This year 4 days DLRP + week at Center Parcs + 2 weeks in La Gomera is about 3% which is much better!

I'm going to Ibiza next week and it's cost me about 1.5% of my income! :rotfl:

Oh gosh... Just did the math... Before tax, it works out as about 24%.

.... I'm too scared to work out what it really is, based on what we actually take home after deductions! Crazy stuff!

Looking forward to Disney makes living on baked beans on toast easier though, right? :rotfl:

xxx

Dang! This year we've got an expensive trip going - 10%. Usually, I keep it to around 5-7%. I seriously can't imagine spending 35%! :faint:

Dang! This year we've got an expensive trip going - 10%. Usually, I keep it to around 5-7%. I seriously can't imagine spending 35%! :faint:
Remember this is the UK board though, so our flights are about $900 per person just to get to FL - so for some people that would be a large % of their income before they've even got hotel and park tickets.

Our last holiday was a total budget holiday to Florida and was approx 10% of my husbands wages!!! Ouch!! Won't be too bad though when I'm qualified this year, at the min we go every other year but when (if) I get a teaching position we will go once a year fingers crossed x

Remember this is the UK board though, so our flights are about $900 per person just to get to FL - so for some people that would be a large % of their income before they've even got hotel and park tickets.

Very true. Just reading about the airfare you guys are charged makes me :sick:. :goodvibes I'd love to cross the pond and see Europe - UK, France, Germany, Italy... ANYWHERE - but the airfare is just too prohibitive. Maybe when I retire. And then I'll eat my typewritten words about spending 35%... :thumbsup2 :lmao:

About 10% this year as we are renewing our vows as well so that has a large cost that we don't usually add. I would say we normally pay about 5%:thumbsup2

I recokon as quite guesstimate, we have spent approx 15% of our annual income - Joint (but this includes spending money when we get there) And this is just for disney, with other mini breaks i reckon closer to 20% and this is pre- tax :scared1:

If DH realised this i think he'd cancel. Think i'll keep him away from this thread :rotfl:

About 10% this year this included Florida, Tenerife, Belfast, 3xUK mini breaks.

Fingers crossed will be buying a bigger house next year so will be taking this much lower, and bar a free trip to Vegas :-)yay:) I don't think we will be going anywhere beyond the uk for a couple of years,

If we are talking about Net income, my WDW trip has cost me 40%. *gulp*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter