What new "recipe" have you tried out during this quarantine?

Dalgona coffee! From the first time I saw it, I was obsessed and knew I had to try it.

I don't have a hand mixer, so I first tried using an immersion blender. It took a lot longer than 4-5 minutes, didn't get as fluffy as advertised, and it about killed my thumbs holding down the button on the blender so long!

I tried it again just now using my KitchenAid stand mixer. Whipped up perfectly in about 30 seconds. I did make a double batch, so I'm hoping I started drinking it early enough in the day that I'm not up until 5am ;)
I saw that video too! How did it taste?

For me it was darn tasty I used Folgers instant (I only had it around to take the acid content out of my chili, first time I've ever drunk the stuff), put it in whole milk after it was whipped then did two spoons of whipped cream on the top before I stirred it.

Not so much recipes but techniques. I'm really doing a lot in our air fryer that I hadn't gotten around to trying yet. Want to take advantage of the instantpot but its basically just been hard boiled eggs and rice...and chicken.

Hello! If you are making cinnamon rolls then start now. They will be so good if you put the dough in the fridge for as long as possible. Then roll up the rolls and put the pan back in the fridge again. At least overnight. Do you know how to use dental floss or thread to cut the rolls off the rolled up dough? A knife that isn’t super sharp and thin can like mush as you cut.
Last time I made rolls I made the first pan right away after they rose some and half of the dough sat in the fridge for a few days. Wow! You wouldn’t believe the difference. Same dough but the second pan of rolls were like a hundred times better! Even my neighbors teenage son just raved about them.
I can look for the recipe if you want.

I'm making chicken pesto roll-ups for dinner tonight.
I was going to use the pesto to make chicken pesto burgers but my instacart shopper could only get chicken cutlets instead of breasts, so I'm trying this instead. I have never cooked using cutlets before so I hope I don't screw it up.
I'll make white bean chicken chili with the ground chicken. Usually I just shred breasts so technically this will be new too.

For me it was darn tasty I used Folgers instant (I only had it around to take the acid content out of my chili, first time I've ever drunk the stuff), put it in whole milk after it was whipped then did two spoons of whipped cream on the top before I stirred it.

I like the way you think, @DuskKodesh. Whipped cream (or, for me, a vegan equivalent) would have been a great addition!

I always have Medaglia D'Oro instant espresso on hand, so that's what I used. Added to oat milk. Very tasty indeed. Super creamy.

I made an InstaPot beef stroganoff recipe. I enjoyed it, but no one else did, so I guess that'll be off the menu.

My next grocery order will include instant coffee for Dalgona, it sounds delicious!

I’m going to have to try it! So glad you mentioned it. Thinking about this since last night!

BBQ chicken wings. We never buy these but this was the only fresh meat the store had. They were delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter