What new "recipe" have you tried out during this quarantine?

Mermaid02

DIS Veteran
I made a delicious fried rice- I have never tried to make fried rice before. I didn't use an actual recipe but it was delicious and I will make it again. Also on my list- I want to make ricotta cheese- I want to make some bagels and I made a chinese spare rib sauce that I am going to try out soon.

No new quarantine recipes from me, Lorelei, but just wanted to take a moment and say hello. :wave2: Hope you, the kids and family are all doing well.

I made a delicious fried rice- I have never tried to make fried rice before. I didn't use an actual recipe but it was delicious and I will make it again. Also on my list- I want to make ricotta cheese- I want to make some bagels and I made a chinese spare rib sauce that I am going to try out soon.

Would you kindly share your chinese spare rib sauce? Please and thank you!

No recipes.....just searching the bottom of my freezer and finding a few Schwans meal kits I had forgotten about, homemade frozen split pea soup and homemade blackeyed peas and ham

garlic, olive oil and seasoning salt, all mixed in a gallon size bag, drop in cauliflower bits the size of US coin quarters and 10 mins in the air fryer at 350. Will replace any snack food....

Nothing new. I cook everyday any way and collect recipes......tend to go back to the old favorites and there are 100s of them.

I'm in the middle of making a new to me ham glaze: peppercorns and Clementines.
Earlier in the shut down I made roast duck and shiitake mushroom wontons for the first time.

Congrats on making fried rice! @Mermaid02

DD learned how to make banana pancakes and they are delicious! I have a feeling they will be a staple for her dorm-mates when she goes off to college.

We have literally ate our way though this pandemic so far. :D I have not been able to try anything new, a lot of things needed to follow recipes are not available right now. We have however been able to make every comfort food known to man. In our area there is a real lack of meat products, we have not seem hamburger meat, steaks , ribs in the stores for over a month. Fruits are another hit and miss.

I made a banana maple syrup sauce to go over some waffles. Needed to use of some bananas that were getting too ripe.

Someone showed me this Tiktok where you mix two tablespoons instant coffee, two of sugar, two of boiling hot water, then beat it on high with a mixer for four minutes and it makes a fluffy smooth coffee cream. Apparently it works because of a foaming agent in the coffee.

I drank two cups of it in milk and went to bed at 5am XD

When we first started I worked on cleaning out the freezer and pantry. A couple hits were baked chicken tacos and the chicken rice casserole recipe on the gravy jar.

I tried making creme caramel. And now my only regret is that I don't have a mini blowtorch to try doing a creme brulee.
You can put your ramekins on a cookie sheet and place them under the broiler to brulee the top layer of sugar.

I haven't done anything out of the ordinary as far as my normal cooking goes... however, I'm known for trying new recipes all the time. The oddest thing I made this week was a sausage Bolognese sauce over cavatelli. Tonight, my DH wants the same thing I made on Monday night. Boring. It was breaded chicken cutlets. I'm going to try to change his mind when he gets home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter