What makes a resort "Disney"?

For me, it's the total immersion. The DME, the resort theming, the service, knowing everything is taken care of, being in the bubble! The transportation- either boat, bus, monorail. Watching Wishes from Poly beach! The fantastic landscapping, pools, dining.
Our first visit to WDW we stayed off site. Nice hotel, but we decided after that we'd stay in WDW. The experience is totally different.

Unless I've paid twice what the room is worth it does not feel like Disney to me.

That's what I think when people tell the Dolphin is not "Disney".

Paying $200 a night for a room, that would run you about $75 a night somewhere else?

:rotfl: This is why I LOVE the Swan and Dolphin. You look out of most windows and see something Disney themed but it doesn't choke you 24/7. The prices are so reasonable for a deluxe room and the location cannot be beat at least for us because our favorite parks are Epcot and DHS.

I've stayed at a lot of hotels and no one creates an experience like Disney. The goal for most chains is to provide a clean room in a convenient location. Their business model is to provide their customer with the same expected experience whether you are in Orlando or small town USA. Disney's goal is to create magic. You don't hear people people staying at hotel X oohing about the towel animals or the volcano pool. Even if you find a hotel that tries to create a vacation experience, it's not likely that they have gone to the lengths that Disney has gone too. At Disney the experience flows beyond the lobby. Like a PP, I love the transportation system. I love the music appropriate to your distinct destination location. And we have met the most wonderful CM's on Disney transportation.

Yes, you pay more for it. But it's worth every penny, to get to enjoy the extra magic.:wizard:

Interesting that I found this question tonight. DH and I just got back from our first ever stay at the Beach Club. It was beautiful - loved the rooms, the lobby, the CMs were very nice, helpful, "Disney" - I was amazed at the coordination of the details in the decor, and it was lovely to walk to Epcot, the Boardwalk, and DHS. (For the record, we have also stayed at the Boardwalk hotel and loved it!) Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be returning to the Beach Club.

To me, which resort is "Disney" apparently relates to what feels like "disney" in general to me.

So much of what makes a vacation a Disney vacation to me is intangible and totally wrapped up in my past experiences there. So for me, I really prefer to stay at a Magic Kingdom resort -either the Poly, the Grand, or the Wildernes Lodge (I like visiting the contemporary, but prefer to be just a little bit more removed from the parks). I grew up staying at the poly for my family's AMAZING trips there. It's where my family learned to have fun together, to be friends, to make memories that we STILL talk about. Then DH and I honeymooned at the WL and felt instantly it was our perfect choice. We've brought our DS there for his first trip, and my in-laws there for theirs. So for me, the MINUTE I step into the Poly lobby, or the WL lobby - my heart sings with great memories :love: that no theming, proximity to Epcot (my fave park), or outstanding customer service can overcome.

I'm very glad to have tried other resorts - like BC, BW, CSR and AKV. But for me, a "Disney" resort is a boat ride, or monorail ride away from the MK. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter