What longhouse NOT to get at Polynesian?

jenfur

DIS Veteran
Okay, I am working on my fax and I will be arriving really early Monday December 2, probably between 8-9am. I just want a good longhouse with no view of the parking lot or monorail. I HAVE heard that some longhouses are more run down than other but can't remember which, if possible I would like to exclude it. Which longhouse would you NOT reccomend?

According to Tikiman, the Aotearoa Longhouse has a monorail view on one side. The Rapa Nui Longhouse and the Rarotonga Longhouse have possible parking lot views.

Tikiman also has said that the foliage around both Aotearoa and Rapa Nui are such that you really have a slim chance of seeing the parking lot.

If you want newer buildings Fiji and Aotearoa have been newly refurnished. Tokelau and Tahiti are undergoing minor refurb right now and I believe it's Niue that under major refurb right now.

If I were you, I'd ask for Fiji or Aotearoa and just ask not to be onr the monorail or parking lot side of the building.

I was just at the Poly two weeks ago. Even though I had sent a fax, they acted like they had no idea what I had asked for. Anyway I asked for Rarotonga, facing the pool, third floor. I ended up getting Rarotonga, third floor facing the monorail. It was great though. You could only get a glimpse of the monorail from our balcony. I had expected the monorail to be so close that we could not keep the drapes open. Wrong! The monorail is quite a distance away and impossible for someone to see in. Even though we faced the parking lot we could not see it. The vegetation is beautiful and lush. We only saw palm trees, and flowers. Just gorgeous! I had read that the Rarotonga was run down. Wrong again! Not in our room anyway. I looked and found no worn spots on the rugs, no stains on the walls, and no wear anyplace in the bathroom. Everything was **** and span and looked quite new. Our room was 3515. We were on the very end overlooking the Neverland Club, or what we could see of it. Since it was the last room on the end, it did make for a longer walk from the elevator though. We are going back to the Poly in May and hopefully getting concierge. If not then I am requesting Nuie. That one has great views also but has only 14 rooms in it as far as I could tell and it would be closer to the elevator even if we got the last one out. I have to do this for my mother who tires easy. I'm sure you will love the Poly. We can't wait to get back! Be sure and have a pina colada at the pool. They are delicious!!!

The only true “bad” view is the parking lot side of Rapa Nui. This is too bad since the other side is a great garden view but I would stay away from a request for Rapa Nui. The other would be Rarotonga. The view on both sides is nice and the side that faces the parking lot is not bad. You hardly see the lot and only from the 3rd floor but lately I have been hearing that the longhouse needs some rehab bad. Other than those two I think any would be good.

Aloha

Steve

to request Fiji (3rd floor balcony) or Nuie first floor patio.

I have a 3 yo ds and the patio at Fiji (so close to the marina) would make me nervous. The recent refurbishment surely makes it sound atttractive though.

I know Tikiman likes Tokelau, but my family's nickname is "the Louders" so I don't want to disturb the quiet at that end of the resort!

Bottom line, I think think there will be a bad room in the entire resort. I figure I can't go wrong!

Judy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter