What kind of bag to carry in August...for all my stuff?

bostonheart

Earning My Ears
Hi there. This is my first post here. My boyfriend and I are going to DW in August, I haven't been since 1992.

I want to carry a bag for our stuff, camera, sunblock, hats, water, papers, guides, cell, wallets etc.

I think a traditional back pack will be too hot, and a fanny fack will definitely be too small.

Can someone make a suggestion?

Thanks

Erin

Instead of a bag, pare down to the absolute minimum and stick that in your pockets. This has two advantages, first you don't have to wait at the bag-check when you enter the park, and second you won't be left carrying stuff around that you don't need.

I have one of those purse-backpacks that I use just for Disney. It is large emough to hold my wallet, camera, cell phone, poncho, hirbrush, makeup, ect. and is still small enough that I don't feel like a Sherpa. Plus it only cost about $15, so if it ever gets lost or damaged I really don't care!

Melissa

I bought one of those Baggalini bags from ebags.com right before our trip. It is a little smaller than a traditional backpack and much lighter material. I LOVED mine! It has a pocket in the front for your cell phone so that you don't have to try to find it in the backpack. My back never bothered me at all from wearing it. Good luck!

I bought a backpack at the world of disney store and it is perfect. It is regular size but not as bulky. It's the kind with strings instead of straps. It kinda looks like a sack that you wear on your back. It has a zippered place and a place for cell phones. good luck. :thumbsup2

Try a messenger bag. The only part that rests on your body is the strap, so it wouldn't be nearly as hot as a backpack.

Try the Ameribag healthy sling. You can see it on their website at ameribag.com, but I bought mine and got a great deal through bagselect.com. I LOVE it!

Tam1067 said:
Try the Ameribag healthy sling. You can see it on their website at ameribag.com, but I bought mine and got a great deal through bagselect.com. I LOVE it!

I bought an Ameribag, size small from ebay. Paid $33 (including shipping) for a brand NEW microfiber that is normally sold for about $69!

Three of my co-workers swear by these bags and they also come in several sizes.

I bought a really nice bag from The Emporium last time I was at the Magic Kingdom in May. I plan to take it along to all future vacations - it comes in handy and is really nice. :goodvibes

I will post a picture of it when I can get my digital camera to work! :thumbsup2

Okay - I think I figured this picture thing out! :cool1: I know this really wont make no use to you or your question but I still wanted to post the pictures to the bag I purchased in May because I think it is really neat and perfect! I purchased it along with matching Pins for my collection! :teeth: I am such a Disney geek! :wizard:

[front.]
18cx1.png

Isn't it a beauty! :p

I purchased one of the baggolinis that I've seen raved about here. It was at REI for only $17 with tax (and free shipping to the store) with a link and code I got from the Budget board last week.

Think of a cross between a small messenger bag and a small backpack.

For the last two years I went in August and this is what I did.

I bought one of those tiny backpacks. I put it on my back and forgot about it. I put my wife and daughters ponchos in it. My small umbrella, sun screen and camera.

It was great. It was very lightweight and you don't even realize you have it on your back. Anything where you don't have to carry is the way to go.

I'd go for a fanny pack, or bumbag as we call them in the UK. You can get some pretty decent sized ones, which should fit all your bits and pieces. You don't need to take too much to the parks unless you have very young children.

I think you and your boyfriend should have a fanny pack each. I hope he doesn't expecct you to be carrying all his bits!

Trust me, everything feels so much heavier in that heat and humidity, you'll be glad you're not lugging a bag around.

We have been in June & August and have used a small duffle backpack. This time, I'm trying a fanny pack, just so I can keep it right in front of me. It is a small pain to have it on my back - because it's hot and because everytime you need access you have to swing it around to the front and open up.

I have NEVER used a fanny pack before - and got one at Walmart for $5.

We may still rent lockers on some days if we want to store larger items.

Good luck!

Try a very lightweight drawstring bag (DVC has them) and NIKE sells them from $6.00 to $20.00. They are extremely lightweight and water resistant. Also, they are not gender specific, so anyone can carry it.

I started out carrying my video camera case, in that I put the video camera, digital camera and the stuff you listed. It was small but not so lightweight. Instead, I carry my barrel bag purse, and I have a small child she is being potty trained and I take one pull up roll it up and place it in, the digital camera, no complete wallets, just the necessary things, ID, cc's, and money. There would be room for guides, and travel sized sunblock. I tried this out last week at a Six Flags park and worked great. I would get something of the same size that DH can carry as well. As for hats, well, you could always attach them to a belt buckle or strap to whatever you are carrying. The less the better. I try not to carry a lot with me. Only the absolute necessary items. Anything like sunblock, I carry only the travel sized ones.

My favorite bag to carry in the park is the Vera Bradley Back sack. It's small but roomy enough and sits well on your back (the straps are more of a drawstring type). This is just my opinion...as I love most of the Vera Bradley collection. I would post a link but I'm still not able to do that yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter