~What Is Your Style??~

oogieboogie said:
Early childhood clutter with some influences of neo-juicespillsoncouch period.

:teeth:

We have been breaking out of that phase gradually since our kids are getting older and have been decorating our home according to artistic expression or theme. All 3 of our dd's have colored rooms with things they chose which are either used, handmade, or restored - 13yo has a tie dyed/space/punk room, 10yo has a purple castle room, and my 6 yo dd will have a fairy/garden/flower room. I think it's important for them to have their own private space and they are involved in the process. They painted their own rooms and did most refinishing/handmade projects under my supervision and that's how we did it.

The other rooms (front room, formal dining room, upstairs hallway, office, etc.) are mostly tropical or Asian as I am from Hawaii.

I am also a clutterbug so I have shelves and pieces of furniture that hide all my stockpile. :crazy: I guess how I decorate is really a reflection of my personality - artistic, comfortable, cultural, and practical.

Great pictures, EsmereldaX. You all won't be seeing any pics of my house, it's a wreck. I have tons of Easter decorations and stuff everywhere, DD14's science project board in a state of disarray, and assorted Mardi Gras and St. Patty's Day beads hanging everywhere.

The "style" is mostly traditional, no metal, furniture mostly from Ethan Allen, but varies in wood, mahaghony in our bedroom, cherry in the dining room, and maple or other light woods in den and the kids rooms.

I know I need help straightening this mess out. Maybe some day.
I love going to my sister's house, it is neat, organized and everything is new, she married late in life and they bought everything new for their new house.

Now, my yard looks good. Much rather be working out there.

This is DD's bed. Her room is very fantasy. She has pictures of dragons, stuffed unicorns and vines.

brassbedshoppe_1830_5366803

If I had a decorating style, you wouldn't be able to tell because it would be buried under all the dirty laundry. (Honestly, if I posted a picture of my room you would all be repulsed. I think they would lock the thread)

I love the New England decorating style. We have a Cape Cod home in the country, so I've tried to stay with that style with maybe a touch of Williamsburg traditional thrown in. Basic off white walls, windsor chairs, checked patterns, simple florals, minimal window treatments, pewter, red accents, etc. My house is very uncluttered, yet comfortable. I don't like the "new" country cluttery stuff. I like simple, basic things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter