~What Is Your Style??~

disneyworld!

<font color="87005b">Love, Peace & Mickey.....and
what is your decorating style? Are you contemporary? or country? do you have a mix of styles? :wizard:

Early childhood clutter with some influences of neo-juicespillsoncouch period.

Traditional American, but that may change when we move to Florida in October... probably Contemporary Lanai?

oogieboogie said:
Early childhood clutter with some influences of neo-juicespillsoncouch period.

Too cute!!

Mine is definitely eclectic - a mix of traditional english and american furniture with some oriental thrown into the mix.

I kind of go with the style of my house. It's a 100-yr. old New Orleans home, so I have a lot of very traditional stuff, blood-red walls, curtains puddle on the floor (trivia: in the olden days, if your curtains puddled the floor, it showed that you had the $$$ for extra fabric so it signified a higher class of homeowner...not sure if that was just here or all over the South), armoires (more trivia: closets were taxed way back when a lot of older homes don't have them), skeleton keys, crystal doorknobs, etc. I've seen some contemporary stuff in homes like mine, but I kind of like the old look.

I don't know how to describe myself..I have things in my house forma ll over the world..My coffee table has an old fashioned map engraved in it.. I don't know how to explain it ,but it's cool
White leather couches..Throw blanket from Paris.. Mayan figures on the cherry entertainment center. Waterhouses on the wall.. SOme Asian stuff..The SO calls it a world traveler motiff..Very Pier one.. It fits my love of other counries,history and travel..
It's more of an old fashioned european look

Jenny, your place sounds kinda like mine. But, what in the world are WATERHOUSES???? Don't think I've got any of those. :confused3

Right now it's Moving Box Minimalist. Hopefully it will turn out to be a sort of modern eclectic with classical/traditional touches.

I guess I'm contemporary. I have no white walls in my home. The only room that is pastel is my Mickey Mouse lavender bedroom. I have ocean and jungle bedrooms an orange fish bathroom and a very bright yellow living room/kitchen. It's been like this for almost 4 years and I still haven't tired of it!

My house is the eclectic, I-like-to-travel-more-than-decorate style. It's very homey and comfortable.

Mine is "early fantasy". I like things that look old world. I have a lot of Amy Brown fairy and dragon prints. I collect dragons, fairies, gargoyles. I use a lot of leaves and vines in my decorating. My study is a little different. It is mainly decorated in Disney Villians.

Here is my bedroom (my favorite room in the house)!

19637Bedroom.jpg

My mother says I'm ecclectic but that really isn't the right word
We prefer dark wood and mostly real wood not alot of metal or anything
dark cherry kitchen cabinets and cherry table and chairs
We have pretty many antiques (pieces over 100 yrs old)
Youngest daughter's bed is Walnut huge headboardl. Same bed was used in movie Tombstone when Doc Holliday was sick in bed that was our bed.
Our dining room set is walnut I think also dark. From turn of century Berkey and Gay. It is really formal and beautiful. We have put a lot of work into fixing it up. We have many more pieces including an original ice box and a pie safe.
We definitely like American, not contemporary, not really country either
there are no words to describe our style.

Feralpeg said:
Mine is "early fantasy". I like things that look old world. I have a lot of Amy Brown fairy and dragon prints. I collect dragons, fairies, gargoyles. I use a lot of leaves and vines in my decorating. My study is a little different. It is mainly decorated in Disney Villians.

Here is my bedroom (my favorite room in the house)!

19637Bedroom.jpg

Us too.

We are attempting to turn our den into a mini replia of the Adventurer's Club.

f4c506ff.jpg

f4c50702.jpg

And the living room is lined with bookshelves. We both work at a book publishers (though I will be leaving soon so we may only have half the amount of books coming in which is probably a good thing)
f4c506f9.jpg

The hanging Harry Potter bird will be coming down soon. :rolleyes: We stuck it there when we moved because we had no where else to hang it... Chris is kind of attached to it but I have a gorgeous stained glass hanging candle holder that I really wanted to put there.

Japansese, baby! Futon (the traditional Japanese kind) Katanas, shelfs lined with anime and manga, dark red wall, ect.

EsmeraldaX said:
Us too.

We are attempting to turn our den into a mini replia of the Adventurer's Club.

f4c506ff.jpg

f4c50702.jpg

And the living room is lined with bookshelves. We both work at a book publishers (though I will be leaving soon so we may only have half the amount of books coming in which is probably a good thing)
f4c506f9.jpg

The hanging Harry Potter bird will be coming down soon. :rolleyes: We stuck it there when we moved because we had no where else to hang it... Chris is kind of attached to it but I have a gorgeous stained glass hanging candle holder that I really wanted to put there.

I really like the stripes..All of my books are stillin boxes from the move.I can't wait to get them on shelves

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter