What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

Read a bunch of pages and didn't see this one yet... We bring a vacation binder. The kids decorate divider pages and the cover before hand, which makes it easy to spot! And helps get them excited for the trip. I keep maps, our itinerary's, coupons for the grocery store, the tickets, supplies for postcards, restaurant menus and coupons, etc. It is organized with the dividers, binder pouches, plastic pockets and trading cards inserts. Sometimes I throw in some activites like a scavenger hunt. We drive down in our RV so we have a bunch of time outside the world. The kids like to follow on the map where we are before we get there. We don't bring the whole thing into the parks but I do grab one plastic pocket with agenda and park maps- keeps everything dry...plus the binder is great for unloading the paper and stuff at the end of the day, now it is not all over the rv! We empty the book out before our next trip and redecorate it and have fun remembering all kinds of things about the last trip!

Haven't seen anyone mention febreze for the bathroom yet.

Last trip, we had collapsible water bottles and attached them by carabiner loops. They were so handy. We could refill at drinking fountains throughout the day and roll them up when they were empty. Ours were the Platypus Sport Bottles and I purchased them through Amazon. The carabiners on cinch loops were $1 at Walmart.

the water bottles are a good idea! thanks!

We got some clear ID badge holders and retractable clips for them at Walmart in the office supplies section. We carry out Room Key in them during extra magic ours.

The CMs want to see your resort key now before letting you in. It was great to just pull the badge up and show them without having to fumble around.

The pack of badge holders was .97 and three retractable clips were $1.47 if I remember correctly.

such a good idea thanks! :cool1:

maxiesmom said:
Only if they are attached to whatever cup you plan on using.

Thanks for the info I will be sure to remember that when we travel to animal kingdom in the future!

If you forget your dish soap in a sponge, another alternative is to just use the shampoo & a washcloth to wash out the cups etc.

I have been bringing the power strip for years. Actually, I used to bring a power strip, now I bring a power squid. I found that with some of the chargers, the plug-in part was big, so it would block the next set of holes on the strip. With the power squid, the "arms" dangle off the end of the thing, so that no matter how big the plug is, it doesn't interfere with any of the other plug holes.

Disney Doll said:
If you forget your dish soap in a sponge, another alternative is to just use the shampoo & a washcloth to wash out the cups etc.

I have been bringing the power strip for years. Actually, I used to bring a power strip, now I bring a power squid. I found that with some of the chargers, the plug-in part was big, so it would block the next set of holes on the strip. With the power squid, the "arms" dangle off the end of the thing, so that no matter how big the plug is, it doesn't interfere with any of the other plug holes.

Thank you, I also bring a power strip every trip and a power squid sounds like a much better idea. One more thing I need to buy. I put a sqirt of dish soap on individual sheets of paper towels and fold and place in a Baggie. I also bring a roll of paper towels.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

tink15823 said:
We pack a flat head and Phillips screw driver. When we took out 1st trip we could not open a toy truck for youngest ds . We ended up calling front desk and had to wait for mat dept. . So now I have them every trip and we have needed them again.

This!!! For a family trip in 2008, I had read this tip elsewhere. When my 5 year old nephew got a pirate ship, y
It required a screwdriver to remove the packaging. I was able to save the day. My BIL couldn't believe I had screwdrivers :)

this has been a great thread - thanks for all of the great ideas:cool1: My family made fun of me for "overpacking" on the last trip until my daughter got scared in the Haunted Mansion when the ride got stuck in the dark and I whipped out the flashlight I brought so she would calm down. They don't make any comments about my park bag now.

My favorite park bag is the "Healthy Back Bag" - it's a one shoulder backpack with tons of pockets (inside and out).

If you are planning on using your smartphone for pictures and videos, I would suggest an app called "Dropbox". It's a cloud-type of backup system and I have it set to backup my phone photos as soon as it connects to WiFi so it doesn't eat up my data plan. Just an extra layer of protection for our memories and I can clear out my phone every night so it doesn't eat up my storage space.

:goodvibes

I am also planning on taking down an extra battery and charger for my phone so I don't have to worry about running out of power in the middle of the day.

I just remembered one more thing......

a pack of wire hangers. These take up much less suitcase space than plastic hangers. If you don't use them at home then you can just leave them there.

If you're staying at a Disney resort, call Mousekeeping when you arrive and they'll bring you extra hangers. They have both regular hangers and also the ones with clips (for pants and skirts).

We leave for our trip on Jan. 2nd and I have made a huge list from this thread. Thanks so much for the ideas!

I also pack ziploc bags!!

Also, one of the best tips I've ever received on these boards is regarding water. Either bring or have a case of bottled water shipped to your room. Bring frozen bottle of water with you to the parks. Right about the time they are thawing, you will need a drink and won't have to pay park prices for a bottled water. :cool1: I love it that Disney lets you bring in food and drinks.

I've read somewhere that in the parks if you ask a cm at a restaurant for a cup of ice water they will give it to you with no charge rather than carrying around 4 water bottles on an average day at the parks!!!

Kaitlyn279 said:
I've read somewhere that in the parks if you ask a cm at a restaurant for a cup of ice water they will give it to you with no charge rather than carrying around 4 water bottles on an average day at the parks!!!

We do this ALL the time! Fresh ice cold water.
There are a lot of people who don't like the taste. But it doesn't bother us any. You can even add your own drink crystals to the fresh water.

Actually, the first visit we made, we were given this recommendation by a CM. She said as long as it was a reuseable straw, it was fine. My autistic little girl can't use paper straws, because there is literally no straw left. she can't use the plastic straws because she chews them until they crack and swallow pieces. Her crazy straws with her Disney Toons on it goes with us everywhere. It's not some little cheap plastic straw, it's a souvenir straw. Losing the straw would be no different than losing a toy we bought at the shops. We have made 6 trips to AK and always come back with our straws.

I have a special needs child also, people should not assume anything. When we were in DW last yr, (Make A Wish Trip) I heard alot of remarks:furious: made because my child did not wait in the long lines for Meet & Greets. I would talk to a CM & show them our GAC & explain why she could not stand with the others & they would ask the next person in line if we could go ahead of them & always that person was very understanding & kind. This might not have been needed if people would stay home if they are sick, or cover thier mouths when they cough or cover their nose with something other than thier hand when they sneeze & wash their hands. But I know this will never be a perfect world where people think of what they do might affect others. Now if there was not any long lines, we did not need to ask. When we went to Animal Kingdom no said a word to us about the straws, of course we kept ours with us

Lids for the icecream is great, I will be bringing mine!! I have paid for mine, we bring all of our drinks home & I reuse the cups aleast once if not twice.

Keep the good tips coming!!::yes::

Reactions: ffw
someone mentioned bubble wrap for packing, here is a second use: ( if he/she is old enough ) give your child a small pc for them to pop while standing in line, I have seen kids & adults love doing this.

I do not have anything to add, but I got several good ideas.
If I think of anything not mentioned, I'll be back.

:flower3:

Whew! I read the entire thread which started back in 2010. I hope people keep up the suggestions! A few things are outdated now, for example, I found out they don't make those Purex 3 in 1 sheets anymore. I'm here researching for my first WDW trip in a year and half and this thread has been great.

Here is my tip for keeping track of all these suggestions: Everytime someone mentioned a handy product, I looked it up and pinned it on my "Handy for Travel" board. I can now go back and research these things later. And I think I'll do a test run with several of them on our next DLR trip.

A few things are outdated now, for example, I found out they don't make those Purex 3 in 1 sheets anymore.

Oh no! I love the Purex sheets! Guess I need to find an alternative now. Hope I can find a non liquid product. I don't like to fly cross country with liquids in my luggage.

Love you idea to pin products! Want to share a link to your board?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter