• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your favorite....

DisneyIsMagical

Mouseketeer
DLR sight, scent, sound? If you saw it, smelled it or heard it right now, what sense instantly takes you to DLR in your imagination?

I will start...

Sound: the whistling sound as the CM's scan your park hopper...love it!!!
Scent: Kettle Corn-DTD, Churros- DLR
Sight: When I first walk down Main Street, almost makes me teary-eyed, everytime!

Smell - along Main Street at Night time
Sound - on Potc when u first set off and are sailing thru the bayou , with the BB on one side and the rocking chair creaking
Sight - The view from the top of main street looking down toward the castle at night

I like your topic ,I am interested in what other people have to say as well for me my favorite

Sound: would have to be when you are walking through the main gate from the harbor Blvd side and you hear the back ground music as you pass the parking trams to the security check point it just gets me really excited for the day to come.

Sent: for some reason I love the smell of the blue bayou have no idea why.

Sight: I love the sight of Adventure land the detail of this part of DL is amazing

I like your topic ,I am interested in what other people have to say as well for me my favorite

Sound: would have to be when you are walking through the main gate from the harbor Blvd side and you hear the back ground music as you pass the parking trams to the security check point it just gets me really excited for the day to come.

Sent: for some reason I love the smell of the blue bayou have no idea why.

Sight: I love the sight of Adventure land the detail of this part of DL is amazing

I totally agree with the Blue Bayou also...I just can't eat in there, I tried ONCE :sick:

Sound: I just love hearing the train whistle when it's in the Main Street station & I'm not even inside the Park yet...that's when reality sets in that "YES, I AM FINALLY HERE!".

Scent: Oh, this is a tough one. It's a tie between the smell around the Candy Palace on Main Street and the weird, musty, (but strangely pleasant) smell of the water in POTC. it's a small world used to smell sort of the same, but after the remodel it doesn't anymore.

Sight: Another tough one. I like walking around the Park and/or standing in line for a ride and then the Monorail is just suddenly in view- in the "real world" it's never as exciting to see, say, a subway train or a bus :laughing:. I also like Adventureland at night, especially around the Tiki Room with all the torches lit.

Sound: Definitely the sound of the turnstiles and the sound when they scan your ticket! But I also like the sound of when people are deciding where to go first and whatnot and the piano on Main Street!

Smell: I like the smell when you first drive into Los Angeles. idk if it's cause of all the smog or stuff, but it lets me know I'm that much closer to Disneyland! In the actuall park I love the smell of popcorn!

Sight: The smiles on people's faces when they first walk into Disneyland or when they get off of a ride :D

Sound: The Disneyland Railroad train whistle.

Smell: I love the smell inside Pirates of the Caribbean.

Sight: I absolutely love walking down Main Street and seeing the castle up ahead. :lovestruc

Sounds: All of them. The music that flows through the park and the laughter of the people as they see their favorite things. The smiles you hear in peoples voices.

Sight: It used to be the Matterhorn from the freeway. When I was a kid and we drove all those miles to get there when I finally saw it was heaven. And now it's the freeway sign for the Disneyland exit.

Scent:
The smells of Main Street when you come out of the tunnel for the first time.

this is such a cute topic! :)

sound: I l-o-v-e the music in Fantasyland, how the teacup music mixes outside with the Alice music, etc...but also when you first start to hear the background music playing at the entrances off Harbor...oh, my - excitement! :donald:
smell: POTC, definitely - that whole area really has a distinctive smell; its not necessarily a "yummmm" smell, in fact, its kind of weird...but I've never smelled it anywhere else!
sight: Just walking in and seeing Main Street and the Castle, the Emporium windows, or catching a glimpse of that first character...!

Sight: Walking under the train tracks and entering Disneyland......

Sound: Entrance music on harbor, and the chime sounds made my ticket scanners!

Smell: POTC water!! And for some reason the smell of my sunscreen reminds me of Disneyland....so that too:thumbsup2

I am enjoying reading eveyone's responses....

Which made me think...I was at DLR in October of 2007, we kept on smelling this horrific sewage smell throughout the park. It was awful, anyone else have the same experience? I distinctly remember smelling it near the entrance of Adventureland. Haven't smelled it on either trip since :thumbsup2

I had smelled the sewage smell right before the first drop in POTC, but that was during my trips last November and December, so maybe it's gone by now.
Or it could have just been me though... :/

Sight: First looking down main street and at the castle.

Smell: POTC for sure! Such a unique smell.

Sound: Have to agree the train. It's just the staple sound of DL. That and when they play Walt Disney during the fireworks. Gives me goosebumps.

Smell: POTC water!! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

Sound: Fantasmic music. I was watching the youtube video of the show and it took me right into the magic.

Sight: The Mickey in flowers at the entrance. That is classic Disney to me.

Smell: The musty POTC water and the Candy Palace/Gibson Girl waffle-y smell.

Sight: The tops of the castle. Everytime I go, I swear that those tops of the castle get bluer and bluer. I love looking at them.

Sound: The Monorail horn and the click click on BTMRR.

Sight, I love the Mickey Floral and the plaque heading onto Main Street, then once you get ON MS I love the sight of the castle. :)

Sound, the music walked to security and thru the esplanade, the sound of the turnstiles as I enter, the laughter of happy people in the parks

Smell, the smell of MS, it smells so good walking down there!! The smell of POTC, the smell of sunscreen. :)

sounds: the band playing as you enter at opening. I almost always enter at opening to me its like confirmation your in DL! I also love the train whistle.

Scent: difficult to explain, but they way the dark rides smell on the inside. I have occastionaly encountered this smell in regular life and no one understands why I like it.

Sight: The train. All trains remind me of DL. It makes me smile to see The train.

sound: Music like in Fantasy land

Scent: The smell of the inside of Pirates or Indiana Jones. I've caught it in a couple random places around town (one is a restaurant)

Sight: Matterhorn or Tower of Terror since you can see them really easily. LOVE that

Sound: When you first enter the foyer of the Haunted Mansion and hear the intro music and the Ghost Host begin his spiel. :love:

Smell: POTC's infamous musty water scent! That = Disneyland to me!

Sight: The castle and Main Street at night time. It's so beautiful!

Smell: I like the smell when you first drive into Los Angeles. idk if it's cause of all the smog or stuff, but it lets me know I'm that much closer to Disneyland!

We once surprised my DGKs with a trip to DL. I had a free night at a cheap offsite hotel that I needed to use up. We drove down from Sacramento and they were asleep as we went past the park to the hotel. When my DGD woke up the next day (she knew we had just driven down somewhere to visit with relatives. She had no idea where we were.) and as my DW opened the window to let in Socal's version of fresh air my DGD said "umm.. it smells like Disneyland!"

My favorite sound - HSM at DCA
My favorite smell - The candy shop on Main Street
My favorite sight - The big pirate ship firing on the fort in PoTC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter