What is your favorite resort in the US that is NOT a Disney resort?

You know, this is kind of a question with a potential for way too many answers to process. So far there seems to be recommendations around beaches, lakes, mountains, etc.

Certain I would consider a bunch of resorts in Lake Tahoe. Of course part of it is the beauty of the surrounding area and visiting it, but I don't know of many other well-developed places I'd rather be.

I was going to suggest this as well! It is beautiful!

We also loved The Four Seasons in Jackson Hole, WY.

We went to both of these for DH's work reward trips. They also sent us to The Westin Hilton Head (too cold in March) and The Ritz Carlton St. Thomas (gorgeous!!! but don't know if you want to go that far).

We've also been to the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas on Maui and the Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas on Kauai with my parents. Both are super nice!

Last edited:
1-b96a10ef12c840dca883276162b6fe09.jpg

Near the top of my platinum bucket list for half of my life. Mohonk Mountain House.
It's on my bucket list too!

Jenny Lake Lodge in the Grand Tetons.

We've been to Big Cedar Lodge. That was nice as well. We booked a condo Sun-Thur on Vrbo for a great price. I want to say 4-500 total.

Last edited:
Point Clear, AL - the Grand Hotel

"For more than 165 years, the Grand Hotel Marriott Resort, Golf Club & Spa has served guests with true Southern hospitality. With a great tradition steeped in both society and the military, this luxury Alabama hotel overlooking Mobile Bay, was originally built in 1847 and had just 40 rooms on two floors. Over time it has served as a military hospital as well as an Air Force training facility. Each afternoon the staff pays homage to the hotel’s past with a military procession and cannon firing. Today, the classic grandeur remains while modern updates and conveniences will ensure guests will be comfortable during their stays.

Grand Hotel Marriott Resort offers 405 guestrooms, featuring views of the bay or gardens. Guests can also enjoy fine dining in any of the hotel’s nine restaurants, or unwind with a spa treatment. No matter how time is spent, you will find peace and seclusion on 600 private acres in Point Clear. The Grand Hotel has been awarded the Top 121 Golf Resorts by Conde Nast Traveler, the Top 500 Hotels in the World by Travel & Leisure, and the Top 50 Golf Courses for Women by Golf Digest."

It's not in the USA but with a 4 hour flight from Chicago I would highly recommend the Hilton Rose Hall in Montego Bay, Jamaica (I've also heard the Sandals is amazing but it was out of our budget). It is an all inclusive with beautiful beach, water sports, gym, pools, several restaurants, bars (including a swim up bar) and coffee shops and a nice looking golf course. I would go back in a heartbeat if it didn't take over 24 hours for me to get there!

Otherwise I do absolutely love Maui; we stayed in the Royal Lahaina and couldn't have been happier!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter