What is your favorite park backpack?

Cargo shorts. I might not be sexy, but my days of pawing through a backpack are over. I bought a small phone charger and a tiny cord. I bring a tiny sunblock, lip balm with SPF, hair ties, phone, and a couple of ziplock bags. Last trip I bought collapsing water bottles that went in the trash before we left. When my pants are full and start falling off it's time to go! Purchases get shipped home from point of purchase. Pins on a lanyard around my neck and no, I will not carry yours too. Or your phone or your shoes or socks or....

I bought this bag in Animal Kingdom a few years ago and I love it. I have seen similar versions at Animal Kingdom over the years.
1685479180311.png

I love this one. Just big enough for everything I want to have, but not so big that I overpack it.
https://www.amazon.com/CANDER-Simpl...sprefix=hotstyle+backpack,aps,136&sr=8-5&th=1

The other one I used and liked was a packable backpack because it weighs nothing and is very flexible. I tried to pack a belt bag, and I. just couldn't do it. Not enough room for what I want to have with me. We like to carry a water bottle around so we can always have a drink of water, even in lines.

I always carry a Kavu rope sling bag, it's a crossbody. I love that I don't have to remove the bag to get inside it, super convenient. It's lightweight, but holds a lot. I can fit my Camelback water bottle and a poncho inside, along with all my other stuff.

I ordered a few bags recommended here for my upcoming trip and returned all of them.

The Northface Isabella sling was the best of the lot, but the strap laid strangely across my chest. The Northface Borealis mini straps cut into my armpits painfully.

All 3 Eddie Bauer packable bags were incredibly scratchy against my neck/trapezius where my t shirt left skin exposed. Those had a mesh like material on the underside which was very rough.

I have been looking for a new bag because the sling bag I use here for Disneyland isn't waterproof/resistant and we are going to be in FL in the summer. I guess I'll just have to make do with the Adidas sackpack I have.

Bags....sling bag moves all over the place...backpack hurts my back...only needed for minimal things...what am i doing wrong ???

My go-to backpack is this leather one from Von Baer.
Here's what I like about it: it's made from durable full-grain leather, which means it can withstand the hustle and bustle of park-hopping and still look good. It has just the right amount of space for all the essentials you might need for a day at the park, like snacks and water bottles. And since it's leather, it's super easy to clean off any spills or marks.
It's unisex, so my wife also uses it.

Last edited:
I use a sling most of the time. Sometimes a teardrop bag if I'm carrying my hydro flask that day.

1706624059773.png1706624098044.png

Are you able to bring backpacks on rides? This will be the first time my husband and I are going alone so we won’t have anyone to hold our stuff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter