What is your favorite brand of paint?

Which brand paint do you prefer?

• Benjamin Moore

• Sherwin Williams

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tink-n-MrIncredible

DIS Veteran
I getting ready to repaint some rooms in my house. I have only used Benjamin Moore on my walls and I am happy with it. I have a friend who can get me some Sherwin Williams paint for a better price than my BenM. I know Sherwin W is supposed to be a good paint as well. What paint would you choose?

In my home I have used Behr, Sherwin Williams, Glidden and Marth Stewart. Of those, SW was by far the best. My dd picked out some Disney colors for her room at Home Depot but I'm taking her to SW to find ones that are the same.

I have used more SW than BenM. According to the architctural standards from several years ago, they are equivalent. I would suggest either, and use only these two brands.

My ex is a painting contractor. The best premium paint is Pratt and Lambert. . .but you will pay for it. Benjamin Moore is decent, and also rather expensive. He always liked Rodda paint. . .and that seems to be the consensus around here with the painting professionals. It a good value. . .consistent quality paint for the money. But please keep in mind that paint can really vary. . .you can get a bad batch, or quality can change at a once reliable company.

We like C2 paint - but it's pricey. But it covers and lasts better than the less expensive brands.
http://www.c2paint.com/

Probably not a good fit for the budget board though, but it's what we prefer.

We used to only use Pratt & Lambert but then they sold out to someone else and the P&L "guys" started C2, if I'm remembering right.

We use Behr or Valspar depending on which store we find ourselves at (Lowe's or HD). I prefer Valspar, but not by much. I will say, we used Sherwin Williams to repaint our bedroom in our apt before we moved. By contract we were forced to repaint it with that particular paint. It was mad expensive and I didn't feel like I got better coverage or that it went on any easier than the Lowe's or HD's paint.

We too use Behr or Valspar. I just used Behr's premium with the primer in it to paint red over green. I only had to do two coats so that was great. I have used Glidden once but was not impressed at all. I used Behr's Disney color Queens Robes in DD room a few years back and that covered beautifully.

ETA: I forgot that we used Olympic low VOC in DS's room. I liked it enough that I will use it again if I am looking for a low VOC pain.

BEHR paint & primer in one. Swear by it! and before they had that, regular BEHR.

BEHR paint & primer in one. Swear by it! and before they had that, regular BEHR.

Absolutely!!!! I LOVE this. Even the toughest colors only needed 3 coats max. example...bright red to white..... black to white..... white to red....Home Depot orange to baby blue.... deep blue to orange.
(MUCH better than 2-3 coats of primer and 2 coats of color)

I really like Sherwin Williams. It doesn't go on any better or have more coverage than some of the others I have used, but it is great for not fading, which allows for touch ups instead of having to repaint.

We like C2 paint - but it's pricey. But it covers and lasts better than the less expensive brands.
http://www.c2paint.com/

Probably not a good fit for the budget board though, but it's what we prefer.

We used to only use Pratt & Lambert but then they sold out to someone else and the P&L "guys" started C2, if I'm remembering right.

See, I didn't know that. Thanks! It's kind of what I meant when I said quality can change. There is a local brand that used to be fabulous, but they have been under new ownership for years and the quality took a huge nosedive. Unfortunately, a lot of people still equate that name with quality paint. :(

I'm also glad to hear all the reviews about the Behr with primer. I've been wanting to try it.

I like Behr did not like Valspar as much the rest I think are just to expensive for what you get and some times lack of...

I love DUNN EDWARDS. It's great paint, goes on well, easy coverage, lasts forever. And the color always matches.

We always use KILZ. Goes on in a single coat, smooth as silk and holds up well to kids, animals, bands, and cleaning! And it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

It depends on the colors. We did red in our kitchen and breakfast area and used Behr. With the primer, it was literally six coats!! Found out from a builder in our area that Duron - now Sherwin Williams only took one coat usually and they were right. We would have saved so much time and patience with it. So, from now on we are entirely Sherwin Williams because it lasts and they keep your information on file so that future homeowners can figure out what you used to touch up things if they want.

BEHR paint from Home Depot is my fav...but Valspar is a close second. I have tried other paints, but they do not seem as durable as the BEHR and Valspar. We are in a new house, with contractor grade paint...and it is awful! It is very thin and a flat finish...doesn't go well with two rowdy boys, lol.

See, I didn't know that. Thanks! It's kind of what I meant when I said quality can change. There is a local brand that used to be fabulous, but they have been under new ownership for years and the quality took a huge nosedive. Unfortunately, a lot of people still equate that name with quality paint. :(

I'm also glad to hear all the reviews about the Behr with primer. I've been wanting to try it.

I *think* P&L is still good paint though - from what I understand from my painter friends. P&L was from Buffalo - where we lived - and when all that happened (I'm going back 10 years or more), our local mom & pop paint store said there were problems with the P&L quality and to switch to the C2. But I think that got better over time or maybe it wasn't really true at all. But if we can find it, we like C2 but it's more like boutique paint now - hard to find. (I amaze myself by the useless arcane information I have in my brain, BTW).

I bought SW for my living and dining rooms. It was substantially more than buying the other brands at Lowes, Walmart, etc. but I couldn't believe how smoothly it went on.

I did my whole house in ICI, which is the manufacturer of Glidden. They just recently changed the stores names from ICI to Glidden Professional. The different grades make a big difference. The one I used was 1402. LOVED it. Very easy to work with. Dried beautifully. Nice even coverage; no streaks. Highly recommend.

This is not the same grade of Glidden sold in other stores...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter