What is with the Salt??

Corpsebride

DIS Veteran
We just got home from Disneyland. We have APs. We go a lot. I mean a lot lot lot.
I have to say that Disneyland food is pretty bad. We have eaten at I think every restaurant in the park and I have to say it is toooo salty. I mean salt is a seasoning NOT a flavor. Tonight we had dinner at the Plaza Inn. We had the baked chicken legs, mashed potato with gravy, and green beans. Everything was so overly salted we could barely finish our meal. We even told the manager. Last month we ate at the Plaza Inn , we had the pot roast, same thing. Too salty.
This is a running theme at all the restaurants we have eaten at in D-land.I dont think the chefs taste the food they are cooking. It maks me very mad to shell out 40- a pop for a meal that always makes me sick to my stomach because of the poor quality and lack of ability on the chefs part. Next time I go , I will be complaining to city hall. I would be embarrassed to serve the food they do for the cost. Such a bummer. I remember when I was a kid, the food was much better. too bad.
Oh, also , we had eaten at the BB last summer. It was awful. I had the shrimp on the spinach. the dressing was strait lemon juice.
the rolls were like stale bread. no flavor. and it was expensive.
Now, this isnt an empty complaint. I am MORE than willing to help these chefs out, and create wonderful meals that taste amazing. I am so tired of feeling ripped off by the food, especially when the atmosphere is so great, it is just such a disappointment to have a terrible meal in a wonderful room.
So, if anyone out there has any connection to the powers that be in regarding the chefs at Disneyland, please pass this on. I am sorry , but the best thing to eat at Disneyland shouldnt be a churro or a Dole whip.

Salt is a huge issue. I would put this over on the Disneyland board since this one is the World though.

At the World I have had problems with excessive salt at Tuskers in AK and Liberty Inn especially. Know what I do? Call over a manager and make them taste my food. The manager almost threw up the grits because of the excessive salt. Needless to say, I didn't pay for that poor excuse of a meal.

At Disneyland (my home park) all the food pretty much sucks except Club 33 (not like many people can get in there) and Rocket Redds. If you want good food at Disneyland, you need to go outside to DTD and eat at Catal, or House of Blues or Boudins.

Best food on property is, of course, Napa Rose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter