What is "Waking up Tinkerbell?"

june@imsarc.com

DIS Veteran
Could somebody enlighten me as to what "waking up tink" is? I'm thinking it is something to do with a store in Fantasyland, but that's about all I know.

Help!

*no longer in FL or associated with GOAL, Disney or any Central FL activities

Last edited:
Our daughter was able to "wake" Tinkerbell on one of our trips. The Cast members gave her a wand and had her tap it on Tink's box and say wake up Tink. After that there is fiber optics that are throughout the store that give the effect of Tinkerbell flying through the store. Our daughter was presented with a certificate and given a few stickers. She did this during the 100 years celebration and I am sure that they will have something planned for the 50 Years celebration as well.

Just a thought that worked for us, we didn't tell our daughter about waking Tinkerbell just in case she had already been woke by another child, that way there wasn't any big disappointment.

jlcbshaw said:
Our daughter was able to "wake" Tinkerbell on one of our trips. The Cast members gave her a wand and had her tap it on Tink's box and say wake up Tink. After that there is fiber optics that are throughout the store that give the effect of Tinkerbell flying through the store. Our daughter was presented with a certificate and given a few stickers. She did this during the 100 years celebration and I am sure that they will have something planned for the 50 Years celebration as well.

Just a thought that worked for us, we didn't tell our daughter about waking Tinkerbell just in case she had already been woke by another child, that way there wasn't any big disappointment.

Great advice about not telling the kids before hand - that is what we did last year. I had read about it and thought it would be great for DD since she loves Tink but I knew it would be a hard one to do , so she didn't know anything about it until she was there Waking up Tink. If she wouldn't have gotten to do it she wouldn't have known that she missed it. We also did this with CRT too - DH and I knew about it but we never said anyting to her until we got a PS , I see so many parents promising their kids that they will do things then when it doesn't happen there is lots of disappointment.

Cute! So do they only let one child wake up Tink? Say you get there after Tink was woken up by another person, but you are the only person in the store--do they let you "wake up Tink" again? or once she is up that is it?

Thanks! I love hearing about these hidden little things!

june@imsarc.com said:
Cute! So do they only let one child wake up Tink? Say you get there after Tink was woken up by another person, but you are the only person in the store--do they let you "wake up Tink" again? or once she is up that is it?

Thanks! I love hearing about these hidden little things!

I think it is just once a day to wake her up but if she is already awake you can ask to see her through the keyhole on the chest of drawers in the store. It is cute to see too!

yep..only once a day...sure wish tink took naps....then we could wake her again

we tried 2 times/2 different days right away in the am ..but no luck. Tink was already awake. i was pretty bummed for DS as the first day was his 3rd bday and that would have been so special. the cm who was working there was less then friendly...it was the same person both days...i realize she probably gets asked alot but she was pretty rude...

Here is a photo of my dd4 waking Tink 11/4/04. We actually got to the shop kind of late (stopped for 2 autographs on the way) but were lucky enough to be the first ones to ask. Good luck!

tink.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!