What is up with the baskets

We noticed that at BCV at least, the mousekeepers no longer had the large carts, just smaller ones.

You should always have the expectation that resort staff will come-and-go as necessary throughout your stay. It happens whether you are aware of it or not. Lock up the valuables. Use the safe.

Yeah, it was a wake up call - they'll come in and look through my room if they want to, never mind need. If I were to go back in time to that point I think I'd still have brought the basket in (now that I think about toads in the linens :rotfl: - thanks friskykitten!)

At my old job we were made well aware that if our laptops were stolen, we were fired. I had the "Do not disturb" tag on the door and the work laptop sitting out when she/he went in to take the basket. I goofed by not having it secured but I think what bothered me the most was how housekeeping made me feel like I had done something wrong without being told exactly what it was. They just went in and took it back. :confused3

Twinklebug said "I had the "Do not disturb" tag on the door and the laptop sitting out when she/he went in to take the basket. {Sorry, my quote button didn't work}

Okay, now that bothers me. :mad: If I put the "do not disturb" sign out then I don't want to be disturbed! Translation.......stay out! What if I happen to be soaking in the tub, don't hear mousekeeping knocking with my DND sign on the door and they decide to come in anyway? I would be a very, very unhappy, wet friskykitten.

Sound advice about locking things up. I noticed that some of the villas have safes big enough to lock up your laptop and other electronics/valuables. Others still have only a small wall safe that you can barely get a wallet into.

If you pay cash you get houskeeping every day. If you pay extra you can get house keeping

Is this the same case if you are a DVC member paying cash booked thru MS?? Just curious, we paid for the first 2 nights of our ressie and booked thru MS but we did not recieve any mousekeeping??:confused3

Is this the same case if you are a DVC member paying cash booked thru MS?? Just curious, we paid for the first 2 nights of our ressie and booked thru MS but we did not recieve any mousekeeping??:confused3

No. Cash reservations made through DVC member services are subject to the same limited cleaning schedule as points reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter