What is there to do in Orlando that is cheap or free?

RosieQ

Earning My Ears
We are doing US/IOA for three days and one day at a beach but we need other things to do with three kids. Thanks!

I think years ago we went to a place called Olde Towne that had some cute shops and free entertainment. Downtown Disney has fountains for the kids to play in and a large Lego display. I am not much of an authority on free things to do. When we are conserving on our trips we usually take a day to hang at the resort and use the pool/beach area. It still cost us because of the boat rental but you can get adiscount if you use American Express to pay for the Water mice. If you are not staying at a Disney Resort you can still rent those at DDT. I'll give you a bump to the top and maybe someeone will have another idea.

DD comes to mind as the best free entertainment in the area (as long as you stay out of the shops & restaurants). There are also offsite miniature golf places that I imagine are less than the ones in WDW. (There's one in the Crossroads Shopping Area). Kids usually like to hang around the pool, which you've already paid for.

I saw on the Travel Channel that you can visit the ducks at the Peabody hotel!

Everyday, I forgot what time, you can watch these famous ducks take a parade on a red carpet at the hotel. The ducks hang out in the fountain, I believe the rest of the time.

If you have a family pass to your local children's museum, I think they recipocate at the Orlando science center and it is awesome, Your kids could easily spend 3-4 hours there. We did this 2 years ago. I think the general admission is about $9.00. Like I said, we had a pass from Omaha and it worked. I heard that the Kennedy S. Center does the same thing, but I haven't confirmed that myself, yet. Their admission is rather steep, about $25 per adult. Yiks... that used to be free~!!!!

You can attend the campfire sing-a-long at Fort Wilderness for free. Each evening there is a sing-a-long with Chip and Dale. You get to toast marshmallows (sorry, I think it costs $2 for marshmallows, but you could probably bring your own). This is followed by a Disney movie, played on an outdoor theater.

DisneyDi
www.wdwplanner.com
Disney World Trip Planning

We always spend at least one evening at old town. Its on 192 towards Kissimee.Lots of cute shops to browse in and free entertainment plus 25 cent Pepsi's.There is a pretty good coupon book that you can pick up too.

Off site 86, FW 86, FW 88,FW 90,ASMu 98, ASMu 98, ASMu& ASSp 01

We like to hop the monorail, and stop at the grand Floridian, and Polynesian....also a trip to Wilderness Lodge just to wander around is worth it. Definately Downtown Disney, and how about a trip out to hwy 27 south, about 7 miles and head south and see real orange trees and stop at a roadside stand and buy some fruit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter