What is there to do at OKW?

goofydad621

DIS Veteran
Besides the great pool what else is there to do at OKW? Is there anything geared towards 2 teen age girls? how about for us 50 some things?
Any activities that are exclusive to OKW?

What is your favorite thing to do there?

Thanks

Goofydad

Tennis, shuffleboard, boat rentals, surrey bike rentals, video arcades, boat to DtD, relaxing and reading in Papa's Den, fitness room, free dvd rentals for members, enjoying an adult beverage at Gurgling Suitcase, fishing from the banks, fishing excursions, outdoor movies in the evenings, various activities at the Community Hall and golf (take boat to DtD and transfer to SSR boat for Lake Buena Vista course).

All fishing is catch and release.

We like it because it's a break from all the action. Olivia's isn't crowded nor are the buses.

Chuck covered it all! But let me add some detail, what our 16 years old enjoy at OKW. Speed racer rentals, they love being on their own little craft wizzing around! They play tennis and and like to hang around the Turtle Pond quiet pool, there is a snack bar there, they prefer it to the main slide pool. If it interests you there is also a BBQ grill there, if you're so inclined.

At 16 we give the 4 of them the freedom to navigate the buses and boats by themselves. For a bit of downtime from Disney parks, they love heading to DTD by boat to get ice cream at Girardeli's and walk around and shop. They also love movies and we all enjoy dinner and a movie at the AMC Dine in Theater!

OKW is a lovely resort, in a tropical, lush setting, we love it!

Enjoy your stay!

Our kids are Tweens, but I would think teens would still enjoy the activities by the main pool. We loved the ice cream drop (one person lays on the ground, the other tries to drop ice cream into his/her mouth). The treasure hunt was fun and a great activity for all ages (puzzles to solve to follow clues).

we were just there a few weeks ago and my 14 year old loves the recreation activities there...made a tie dye shirt, played musical rings and water balloon toss, roasted marshmallows, etc.

We like the recreation at OKW, too. For those who have been there in the last few weeks (we arrive Sunday) can you tell me the days and times of Arts and crafts? My son really enjoyed making a car at ceramics last time and we would like to do it again? Do you know if it is ok for a 9 yo to stay in the Clubhouse w/o a parent present?

I really can't add that much to what has already been shared. When our children were teens (5 girls/1 boy) they loved OKW. More often than not they preferred staying at the resort rather than go to the parks. They are now all adults and still talk about the great times at OKW.

We like the recreation at OKW, too. For those who have been there in the last few weeks (we arrive Sunday) can you tell me the days and times of Arts and crafts? My son really enjoyed making a car at ceramics last time and we would like to do it again? Do you know if it is ok for a 9 yo to stay in the Clubhouse w/o a parent present?

You should find the specifics in your "Welcome Home" folder that you receive at check-in. I'm not aware of any restrictions regarding the clubhouse.

Children are not allowed to be in the community halls without a parent (or older sibling) until age 12.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter