What is the youngest you have taken...

Took our twins on their first trip to WDW at 11 months, (we did Hawaii with them at 6 months), then again at 15 months (DCL and WDW), 23 months, and have another trip planned for May, where they will be 3 yrs old. All were flights over 5 hours each direction; and needless to say, with the number of times we have done it.... I would do it again in a heartbeat. Each time they enjoyed it for different reasons. We purchase peltor ear muffs to block out the loud noises and allowed them to sleep through the craziness when they were young, and they worked great. Best investment ever! (Used them the first couple trips)

Thanks everyone! If we go it looks like we may take the little one around 6 months (again, this may all be speculation at this point). We will have both sets of grandparents with us plus some our siblings (aunts and uncles to the little one) to help out. I agree with the post that says that WE will have the memories from this trip and that we will take our time and really enjoy our trip.

Again, we are still hoping at this point and should know a little bit more by the end of the week!!!:yay:

It might sound crazy but I brought my baby girl when she was only 3 weeks old. We had a baby bjorn which is the greatest invention ever. It kept her warm and people did not touch her. The weather was perfect in January and during the night timesy mom would stay in the hotel room with the baby. It was soooo fun! My 4 mo old niece rode dbo, pirates, Peter pan and all the little kid rides.

It might sound crazy but I brought my baby girl when she was only 3 weeks old. We had a baby bjorn which is the greatest invention ever. It kept her warm and people did not touch her. The weather was perfect in January and during the night timesy mom would stay in the hotel room with the baby. It was soooo fun! My 4 mo old niece rode dbo, pirates, Peter pan and all the little kid rides.

Our youngest was 7 weeks when we took her last year (the older kids had first visits at 24 months, 18 months, and 21 months respectively). The newborn was a breeze! She spent most of the day in her sling or snoozing in the stroller. We didn't have to worry about highchairs or feedings (she was totally nursed at the time). We had my mom with me, so we were able to ride everything with the baby swap. The characters LOVED the baby. They all made such a big deal about her. We went in Feb. so the weather was not too hot. She rode many rides in the sling (pretty much everything she was allowed on). She is 15 months now and I know she would be a ton more work. Pre-crawling is a great time because they won't be always wanting to get down and move around. I think crawling is the worst time, there just aren't that many clean places to let them out to crawl in the parks. When they are walking is better, but if they are really little they may like to bolt. Our 15 month old thinks nothing of taking off at a run the second we put her down.

In any case, CONGRATULATIONS! It is SO much fun to re-see Disney through your childs' eyes!

Natalie meeting Mickey.

IMG_0553-1-1.jpg

Congratulations!!! My DD was about 20 months old the first time we went (DS was 5).

My other DD was about 15 months the first time she traveled with us. In all cases, we flew to Disney and it worked out fine.

Of course, we have been traveling most years since 1994 and what we love is that every time we went and they were a different age, they had such a different experience.

The only piece that was a bit tough that first trip was the bus trip back to the FW cabins where we were staying. DH had to stand for over 45 minutes holding her as she slept (no seats). From that point on, we used the rental car and drove to/from all the parks. Much easier with little ones!

My DS was just under 3 his first trip. He was a trooper, far exceeded expectations. So we'll be taking our youngest DS at 1. My friends originally from CT started a business down there sponsored by this site. Didnt know it my first trip, but I'll be using them this time. They are called Orlando Stroller Rentals. Check it out. They deliver strollers to the resort and pickup.

Just a little comment to OPs..the long distance train is, I find, so much nicer than commuter type trains. The route we take, we board the train at 4:30 PM, so they have a few hours of playing, going to the observation car, having snacks, etc..then it's out for the night and when they wake up we are there (train arrives at 6:30am). On the way back we board at 7:30 PM, off to sleep after a busy day in the parks and then get back at noon.
As for the bolting years, not to start 'that' discussion again, but leashes were handy, although rarely used.

We took our daughter when she was 11 months and this past year she was 2 and her brother was 6 months. It does take a bit longer to get ready in the morning and get everyone out the door. You have to go slow and be ok with that. We rent everything stroller, toddler bed, bumbo seat. Order diapers and baby food so you have to carry less down. That all helped. This October we will be there for our daughters 3rd birthday and her brother will be 18 months so it should be a fun trip :-)

Our youngest was 7 weeks when we took her last year (the older kids had first visits at 24 months, 18 months, and 21 months respectively). The newborn was a breeze! She spent most of the day in her sling or snoozing in the stroller. We didn't have to worry about highchairs or feedings (she was totally nursed at the time). We had my mom with me, so we were able to ride everything with the baby swap. The characters LOVED the baby. They all made such a big deal about her. We went in Feb. so the weather was not too hot. She rode many rides in the sling (pretty much everything she was allowed on). She is 15 months now and I know she would be a ton more work. Pre-crawling is a great time because they won't be always wanting to get down and move around. I think crawling is the worst time, there just aren't that many clean places to let them out to crawl in the parks. When they are walking is better, but if they are really little they may like to bolt. Our 15 month old thinks nothing of taking off at a run the second we put her down.

In any case, CONGRATULATIONS! It is SO much fun to re-see Disney through your childs' eyes!

Natalie meeting Mickey.

IMG_0553-1-1.jpg
That picture is priceless. That is the draw to want and take our (hopefully) little one at a young age. With lots of Gma's and Gpa's to help, it should be easy enough. We have been to Disney several times that we are not going to have to rush to get everything in, especially being DVC members. If we need to spend extra time in the room, then we will, no worries!!!

Well, technically DS's first trip was in the womb when I was 25 weeks along. We then took him back at 12 weeks old. It was June and I had used all my vacation for the year with my maternity leave, so we figured we would use my last week as a family vacation before I went back to work. He was so easy on that trip :thumbsup2 Would take a baby that young again in a heartbeat!

We didn't go back again until he was 19 monhts old. That trip was much harder. We have since been back every 6 months and each trip has its plusses and challenges (he just turned 4). I must say, he was the easiest on that 3 month trip although when he behaves, he is a ton of fun now to take!

I took our only DS at 7 months and then 19 months. Both times went well; however, 7 months was actually easier because you just carried him everywhere and he slept anywhere. AT 19 months, he actually was tougher because we had to go to the room to nap because it was too stimulating otherwise, but still fun.

I was pregnant when I won a trip in the 'Year of a Million Dreams" contest. In case you did not know, these trips have an expiration date on them. Knowing that I would have a newborn (second child) I wanted to make sure we went before it got too hot. So, the date we chose put my newborn at 9 weeks old. Yes, I discussed this at length with my pedi.

It turned out great. We took the infant seat and the stroller. Grandma also came with us. The baby slept the majority of the time and being at WDW did not even phase him. We were allowed to take the infant seat right onto most rides. For the other rides, one of the adults did not ride or we did a child/parent swap.

My pedi just gave us basic common sense rules. Don't let anyone touch the baby. Drape the infant seat with a light weight blanket when the LO was sleeping. Use lots of hand sanitizer before we pick him up.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! And don't worry, Disney World is very doable with babies.

We took our youngest when he was 2 years old. He is now 14 and has been to WDW about 15 times and will be there three more times this year!

Whew! maybe we need a break and go to Tuscany. But the roller coasters in Tuscany are boring.

We have taken DS for his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd birthday. In December, we are planning to go back with him - he will be 4, and presumably his 4 month old sister will be joining us (we are due the end of july)!!

I am actually quite looking forward to traveling with the baby at this age - I think it will be easier than traveling with a 7 month old (4 months means no baby food, just bottles/nursing, and much easier to entertain than a crawler!)!!!!

We always get airplane seats for our kids, so we'll have the carseat on the plane and will bring our inglensina zippy stroller for the airport and when we need a single in the park. I also plan to rent a double stroller (BJCM) for our entire stay since we wont own our own and will need it depending on the time of day we are in the parks. We have taken the Zippy to the parks the past 3 years and I have loved it - it collapses really well so it was easy to bring on transportation but has all of the features that we needed for DS to be comfy in his stroller for the occasional nap as well as our needs to be able to store 'stuff' (and not have it tip over when he got out - which is why we dont bring our Maclaren Quest!).

That being said - if we werent DVC members, I'm not sure we would go (despite the fact that I am dying for a vacation!). Having the washer/dryer in our room is really what sealed the deal - the idea of bringing a weeks worth of clothes for a newborn would kill me!

Also - if you do decide to bring a baby, make sure you have a good baby carrier that you both like! We own a baby bjorn that just doesnt work for us - lots of back pain and baby isnt that comfy either...We are goign to try out an Ergo carrier with this little one - I've heard that its more comfy for baby and parent!

Lastly - we have traveled with family and friends for parts of our trips the past few years...I have to say - its not necessarily easier!! We are deliberately NOT inviting anyone with us for this years trip as it will be much easier for us to care for our children and react to their schedule needs if we dont have to worry about anyone elses plans/agenda!! We still managed to go on all of the big rides thanks to parent swap/fast pass/single rider lines and have had a great time even though we dont go on them together!! We also did get a babysitter one night for our anniversary when DS was 1 - again a better plan for us than leaving our child with family that was there...at least the babysitter was a professional and trained to deal with kids and first aid (heavin forbid it was needed!)! Definitely not the case for my BIL/SIL!!

We took our youngest when she was 1 1/2 yrs old. Would I have taken her if she was our only child no, but since we had a 6 and 4 yr old at the time we figured what the heck they boys are at a great age to go and she had a great time. She was a bit scared of the characters but liked the princesses.

I love looking back at how little they all where on our 1st trip.

DD made her first trip to WDW when she was 10 months and this was pre-DVC. DS was six months when he made his first. We are expecting another DD this June and were supposed to go in August ,but that might be too much for us. We always rent a car so he hit Super Wal-Mart to stock up on diapers, wipes, etc. It is easier to pack what you need for the flight and buy the rest down there. Traveling with kids is a completely different experience. Also bring your own stroller. You check it at the gate and it makes getting through the airport much easier. Alos we rented cribs, and toddler beds from http://www.abbf.com/ and have been thrilled with their service and products. Good Luck and Congrats.

Just came back from a trip last week with a 5 month old. DD1 went the 1st time when she was 2 1/2.

Didn't find it too bad. Had to slow down a bit as everything takes a little longer with a baby. There were a few times that DD1 and I would go on rides while DW feed DD2 but mostly stayed together.

DD2 is a trooper though. She never complains/crys. Would fall asleep in the stroller or the carrier. She was definitely tired though when we came back from the trip. Slept a lot the 1st few days back.

We did notice we did less this trip then in the past. Meal time took a little longer as DD2 was just starting solids so takes a while to eat. Also seemed like every time we were ready to leave the room, she needed a diaper change.

All in all, would do it again in a second. Just know that the overall pace is a little slower than what you are used too.

We took our first one at 2 1/2 but on her second trip she had a 6 week old DB. I think we took our regular stroller (don't really remember it was 15 years ago). We flew.

I think the only problem we had was being in a hotel room for a week with 4 people. Stayed at Dixie Landings and the nightly feedings woke everyone up. Not much sleep and we were a crabby bunch.

Did it again 18 months later with a 5 year old, 18 month and 3 month old. Had a double stroller by then that all 3 kids could get in if necessary.

The first time we took our son was when he was almost 3 years old. With our daughter, she was almost 9 months when she went on her first trip to Disney.

I found it to be alot easier when they were smaller. The strollers were used for napping and resting and the baby care centres were good for feeding and changing diapers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter