• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the worst roller coaster you ever rode

I have one that hasn't been mentioned. At Holiday World in Santa Clause, IN. The Voyage...horrible headache.

Holiday has 3 roller coasters, all wooden. The Raven has gotten awards year after year. The Legend was the next installment and is ok, but seems to have only right turns and you are constantly pushed to the left. Then, the Voyage is the big one...horrible, there is never a long line because I think I'm not alone in this opinion.

Now, the water park at Holiday World is fabulous.

The worst coaster I have ever ridden was at Six Flags over Georgia, it was a wooden coaster called the Georgia Cyclone. I felt like I had been beat up after I got off. Even my dh who is more of a coaster enthusiast than I am said that it was a pretty awful ride.

Hey there. Here's a question for ya. What was the worst Roller Coaster you ever rode on. For me it was the Son of Beast at Kings Island in Ohio. I blacked out twice on that ride, plus. The car was way too tight no leg room at all[/QUOTE
]

OP, Even before I read your answer that was what I was going to say!

That was the worst roller coaster ever.:crazy2:

I should have worn a helmet on it!

TC :cool1:

Cedar Point - Mean Streak

mean_streak_01.jpg

Worse than Son of Beast in my opinion.

I made the mistake of wearing earrings on the roller coaster at New York New York in Vegas. Result: two bleeding ears. But the all-time worst design is at Worlds of Fun in Kansas City. Can't remember the name of the coaster but the car spins around like the teacups while going along the coaster track. Whooppee! Spinning WHILE going up and down. Lose-lose situation. If one motion doesn't make you sick, the double-whammy will!

I would go with Mean Streak or The Beast. Here is video from a couple days ago of Son of Beast being demolished.

http://twitpic.com/bewqrh

Thanks for the link, I didn't realize that they finally tore it down. As awful as it was, it's sad to see it go, but it's even more sad that it was such an epic failure!

I just looked this up real quick

Opened May 2000
Loop removed 2006
Closed June 2009
By 2010 the park had spent nearly 30 million dollars on the ride
RIP Son of Beast!

The one at the NY NY Hotel in Las Vegas, we were bounced around like rag dolls.

Me too!:sad2: Ugh, I hated this experience. Thought I was going to fall out the whole time and was just beyond uncomfortable.

I also hated WDW Space Mountain when I rode it for my first time in 2008-too rickety. I did not like the whole darkness effect because my body could not anticipate the turns and drops. My neck was quite sore afterward. I think it's been renovated since then, so maybe it's not so bad now.

Mind Eraser at Six Flags New England is the only coaster I've ever said, "Never again!" to. I didn't think Mean Streak was too bad. Of course, I rode 27 different coasters the summer we went to Cedar Point, so only the terrifying or amazing ones stick out in my memory!

The Beast at King's Island was the worst for me.

We live very close to Kings Island. Son of Beast was actually demolished recently after being permanently closed in 2009 after someone said they suffered head injuries while riding it.

That's funny! I tell my kids all the time that the Beast is my all time favorite coaster! I love it!

But my worst is any and all of the coasters at Mt. Olympus in the Wisconsin Dells...all of them are wooden and the coasters themselves are fine, but they have them way to sped up. They are not even fun because you get jerked around so bad. I'm also not a fan of Mantis at Cedar Point...too much pressure on my lower legs.

Add me onto the list for the Mean Streak. I love Cedar Point, and I generally enjoy wooden coasters...but not this one. I've ridden it twice in my life, once when I was young and once I think last year or maybe even this year. Never again. Instant nausea and migraine, shakiness, cold sweat. Just awful. Truly awful.

Magnum, also at CP, really isn't much better. And that one is steel. I was expecting a nice, fast ride but what I got was a beat-down. Won't be getting back on that one.

Another vote for bad experiences on the Mean Streak. Way too rough and like you I usually like wooden coasters. Magnum is ok but it's just soooo high! I'm not really afraid of heights, but that one is about my limit. I haven't gotten the nerve to do Millenium Force , that one is definitely out of my comfort zone!

Mind Eraser at Six Flags New England is the only coaster I've ever said, "Never again!" to. I didn't think Mean Streak was too bad. Of course, I rode 27 different coasters the summer we went to Cedar Point, so only the terrifying or amazing ones stick out in my memory!

I second Mind Eraser, my son thirds, and the rest of my family, well give it a seventh...
My son's head shook around so much that one lens fell out of his glasses. He had a glasses strap on that he has worn on coasters for the past 5 years and never had problems. He still had his glasses on after the ride...
We have done Cedar Point, both Kings Dominions, both Busch Gardens,and a few of the Six Flags parks and the only one we won't go on again is Mind Eraser

I had bruises on the inside of my arms from my wrists to my armpits from this stupid ride. Hello, steel rollercoasters should be smooth!!

The worst, however, was that Knott's Berry Farm monstrosity... I think it's "Ghost Rider" or something like that. I literally felt like I had been mugged once I got off the ride. Like, someone had punched me in the stomach dozens of times.

I hate wooden coasters. :P

For both my DH and I as well, the ghost rider was the worst coaster we have ever rode. I can truly say that neither of us will ever ride it again.

englishteacha said:

Funny, the Mind Eraser at six flags darien lake is my only "never again." Apparently they can't get it right anywhere. :sad2:

For terror: Superman at Six Flags Atlanta.
For pain: The Ninja also SFA

I am from Ohio and am a HUGE Beast fan. I remember when it opened. It was the epic coaster of it's time. LOVE IT!!!

Mantis at Cedar Point. Not because it was scary, because the ride, itself, was actually lame, but it was just so stinkin' uncomfortable.

The one at the NY NY Hotel in Las Vegas, we were bounced around like rag dolls.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg had built a coaster called Drachenfire at one time. I LOVE coasters, but that was one that I thought might genuinely injure me. I rode it alone, so nobody to compare notes with. I thought maybe it was just me. Next time we were there, it was gone. Evidently, it wasn't just me!

I couldn't decide between two coasters being the worst I'd ever been on, and it was these two. They were awful!

I also vote for NY NY in Vegas. We LOVE roller coasters. Even even got buy one get one free ride, first ride was so bad and jerky we skipped the second "free" ride. Both DH and I had horrid headaches from that one!!

LBIJim said:
The worst coaster I've ridden was Viper at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey. It was a smaller steel coaster with a "heartline" roll and it was really rough and bone jarring. It was located on the site where El Toro currently stands, and El Toro still uses Viper's loading station.

Unfortunately there are a lot of duds in the coaster world.

Jim

Omg Viper was awful! Not to mention it was always broken down (I worked at GA for 5 years). I hurt just thinking about that ride. Thank goodness is gone.

For me the worst was Triceratops Spin at Animal Kingdom. They took a mediocre Mad Mouse style coaster and made it painful by spinning you as it goes. It's back wrenching, headache inducing and not much fun for your trouble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter