What is the worst roller coaster you ever rode

Colossus at Six Flags Magic Mountain (which I think is gone now, this was 10+ years ago) was horrible, I was a teenager when I rode it last and I got a nasty headache from it.

Ghost Rider at Knotts Berry Farm was VERY rough. Even my dh who is a roller coaster enthusiast said he wouldn't ride it again without it having some serious work done.

Hey there. Here's a question for ya. What was the worst Roller Coaster you ever rode on. For me it was the Son of Beast at Kings Island in Ohio. I blacked out twice on that ride, plus. The car was way too tight no leg room at all

How funny! That's mine too! As soon as the ride stopped all I heard was everyone saying "Ow!". However, I LOVED the Beast. Especially at night!

I loved almost all of the rollercoasters at Cedar Point (Maverick was a little bumpy for me, though).

My two all-time favorite rollercoasters are Millenium Force at Cedar Point and Sheikra at Busch Gardens Tampa (which surprised me because I hate the Griffin at Busch Gardens Williamsburg).

Another vote for Drachenfyre at BG Williamsburg. It was like I had whip lash from a car accident.

Mean Streak at Cedar Point

Seems like everyone's worst coasters has a theme -- wooden coasters are so much rougher than steel.

Absolutely, which is why when I find a wooden coaster that does not beat me up, I am in LOVE :love:. The Phoenix at Knoebels (PA) and El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure (NJ) are amazing wooden coasters.

For me it was the Son of Beast at Kings Island in Ohio. I blacked out twice on that ride, plus. The car was way too tight no leg room at all

Rode this once when it still had the loop. I spent the next 2 hours flat on my back in first aid with a pounding migraine. That's NEVER happened to me on any other roller coaster ever.

Totally agree with the Mean Streak. When I got off that I told my husband that I didn't have a headache, that my brain hurt!!! I will never ride that one again!!

Rode this once when it still had the loop. I spent the next 2 hours flat on my back in first aid with a pounding migraine. That's NEVER happened to me on any other roller coaster ever.

It doesn't have the loop anymore? I used to live in Cincinnati 6-7 years ago and we went to King's Island all the time. The loop was the absolute worst! It felt like my neck was going to be pushed into my body. Plus, the loop felt like it was never going to end.

Absolutely, which is why when I find a wooden coaster that does not beat me up, I am in LOVE :love:. The Phoenix at Knoebels (PA) and El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure (NJ) are amazing wooden coasters.

The Phoenix is AMAZING. You get awesome airtime on it!! I'm not in love with the Twister but my 10 yr old likes it more than the Phoenix :confused3 I can't wait til next year when I take my youngest on them he is my daredevil!! :banana:

It doesn't have the loop anymore? I used to live in Cincinnati 6-7 years ago and we went to King's Island all the time. The loop was the absolute worst! It felt like my neck was going to be pushed into my body. Plus, the loop felt like it was never going to end.

It doesn't exist anymore. They tore it down a year or two ago.

Mean Streak at Cedar Point

Seems like everyone's worst coasters has a theme -- wooden coasters are so much rougher than steel.

Agree w/ soccerdad72-- Mean Streak @ Cedar Point. Instant migraine!

I agree about Mean Streak -- I was so sick after that ride...I didn't go on another ride for the next 2 days at Cedar Point.

I also felt sick after Expedition Everest....I think if my head/neck gets too jerked around, I get very nauseous.

If that's the name of the giant wooden coaster at the backside of Cedar Point, well then count me in. I even stopped my kids from going on it (we rode it first). It's that bad. Seriously should be torn down.

A lot of those giant wooden coasters (Mean Streak, Hercules, Ghost Rider, etc.) were pretty good rides during their first few years. But they didn't age well, which is a vast understatement. Son of Beast was bad from the start.

Drachen Fire at Busch Gardens Williamsburg was a failure since Day One. I think the original designer/manufacturer went out of business part way through construction and it was finished by someone else who changed some of the original design for the worse.

The worst coaster I've ridden was Viper at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey. It was a smaller steel coaster with a "heartline" roll and it was really rough and bone jarring. It was located on the site where El Toro currently stands, and El Toro still uses Viper's loading station.

Unfortunately there are a lot of duds in the coaster world.

Jim

A lot of those giant wooden coasters (Mean Streak, Hercules, Ghost Rider, etc.) were pretty good rides during their first few years. But they didn't age well, which is a vast understatement. Son of Beast was bad from the start.

The only one on your list I have experience with is Mean Streak, but I will say in that one's case, it was a problem from Day One. The year it opened, it was too fast and was causing quite a few (relatively minor) injuries. They added some braking in certain areas, but it has always been rough as far as bouncing side to side. Actually, IMO, cutting down some of the speed took away the only decent thing the ride had to offer.

As far as Son of Beast goes, I do understand that it was a problem ride through it's entire life. I think they tried to push the boundries of what a wooden roller coaster could manage. It's a shame, because the original Beast is still one of the best coasters out there, wooden or otherwise.

Kings Dominions Anaconda....I was praying to God to just let me fall out of the thing....

I love, love, love roller coasters!

That said, Gwazi & Busch Gardens in Tampa almost made me cry. It would the most jarring coaster I've even been on in my life. Not even down the first drop and I knew it was going to be a rough, horrible ride - NEVER AGAIN!!:faint:

Sidenote.... Cheetah Hunt is by far, the smoothest coaster I have ever been on!

cassandrap83 said:
I love, love, love roller coasters!

That said, Gwazi & Busch Gardens in Tampa almost made me cry. It would the most jarring coaster I've even been on in my life. Not even down the first drop and I knew it was going to be a rough, horrible ride - NEVER AGAIN!!:faint:

Sidenote.... Cheetah Hunt is by far, the smoothest coaster I have ever been on!

I don't like Gwazi either.

The Hurler and the Anaconda at Kings Dominion, they both beat you up really bad. Also the Matterhorn at DL gave me sciatic pain.

About 10 years ago, I went on a wooden rollercoaster at Valley Faire in MN and it soured me on rollercoasters. I'd always liked them up until that time. I felt like I was a bean in a jar being shaken by giants. I ended up with bruises and pain in my back for many days after. I was surprised in part because so many people had told me it was a 'no big deal' rollercoaster and after I got off and complained of my back hurting, they all said, "Yeah, it does make you hurt..." :confused3 How can you recommend a ride that causes pain? So I feel like I can't trust people when it comes to rides like that.

After that the only coasters I will do is Expedition Everest and Big Thunder. I know how they feel and I know I won't hurt afterwards.

Add me onto the list for the Mean Streak. I love Cedar Point, and I generally enjoy wooden coasters...but not this one. I've ridden it twice in my life, once when I was young and once I think last year or maybe even this year. Never again. Instant nausea and migraine, shakiness, cold sweat. Just awful. Truly awful.

Magnum, also at CP, really isn't much better. And that one is steel. I was expecting a nice, fast ride but what I got was a beat-down. Won't be getting back on that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter