What is the quickest time from when you decided

Our first WDW trip with our kids, 2004. We had been planning for about 3 months, but it was the year of the hurricanes. We were supposed to fly down on Sunday morning, but on Thursday, the forecast was for Jeanne to hit about the same time as our flight. DH called Delta and we were able to change to a Friday evening flight, so about 30 hours, I guess?

Back in April 1995 I wanted to visit the old Boston Garden sports arena one last time before it closed. There was a Sunday afternoon Bruins hockey game. I called USAir about 8am that morning (pre-internet days) and booked an 11am flight. I believe the game was at 3pm. Then I got a return flight home about 830pm.

I live in Europe, so easy/quick/cheap flights to many other countries. Weekend trips planned in a couple of days are pretty easy.

I've done it with a week turn around twice. Once was using miles to visit my husband when he was working in San Diego for what we thought might be two months. (he ended up greeting me at the airport with the news he had tickets home with me on the plane.) That was before kids and dog so it was easy, especially since I had a free ticket and DH had a place to stay and a rental car.

The second was a weekend getaway to New Orleans last March. Our kids are grown and we hadn't had a real vacation in a while due to spending all vacation time making trips to help with our elderly parents and we knew it might be a while before we had a chance again. Our siblings were on deck that weekend for emergencies with the folks. DS was living at home so we could leave the dog. We booked the trip as a pure stress relief weekend and boy was it great! Caregiving is a bear even if you're not doing it full time. We hope to do more weekend getaways at some point in the not too distant future. I have some miles ready!

Most vacations I plan for a LOOOONG time. First as part of a master plan for annual vacations (big ones that involve a significant road trip or a plane ride) and then a year out I start planning for the next one right after we return from the last one. Our last big vacation was summer of 2016. The master plan is just on hold for a while.

About two weeks for this last trip to universal we just got back from on Wednesday. Parents bought a house in Davenport, saw that the flights for a Saturday to Wednesday trip was cheap and the house was open in between two rentals, so we both got the ok from our jobs to work a couple half days down there, booked a killer car rate and was on our way. We’re both lucky that we have jobs where we can do that.

This kind of counts.
In 2010 we were living in New Hampshire, finances were tight, and we were barely hanging on. On Memorial Day, my wife and I decided that we needed to move across country. Less than 3 weeks later, our house was packed up, and we were out of our lease. We felt we had some obligations to keep, so we decided to stay in town a short while longer, and stayed with friends. About a month after we decided to leave, we were on the road to Texas.

Just under four weeks when we were flying to Oklahoma to see our new granddaughter.

About 5 weeks is my shortest planning time and I felt like I was out of control the whole time, lol. I had very little time to devote to planning during those 5 weeks too, I was super swamped at work at the time. But we had a great trip, nothing went wrong even though I didn't excessively plan every minute of every day. Actually think of it as one of our most fun every trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter