What is the most physical pain you have experienced?

I thought of one more. Nursing a newborn with thrush, which ended up with me getting thrush on both sides. This, in turn, resulting in every time I nursed the baby (which was every 2 hr for 45 min at a stretch...kid was a slow eater), it felt like needles and knives stabbing me there. Total hell. 2 or 3 rounds of oral anti-fungal medication didn't do a dang thing. Somebody recommended Gentian Violet. That worked like a charm. I bought it online. Painted the inside of baby's mouth with it and then the next time she ate, she transferred it to me.

Just don't spill it on anything that you don't want permanently stained purple.

Face pain from a sinus infection. Thankfully it came in waves and was not constant.

I also gave birth to two 10 lb. plus babies. No medication at all with the first, a little pain med with second along with Pitocin.

I had an endometrial ablation and I think the solution they used was too hot- it was worse than giving birth to a 10# baby with no pain meds, worse than avascular necrosis in my hip, worse than the subsequent hip replacement surgery. It was excruciating for about 18 hours.

Toothache, labor, appendicitis, broken needle wedged into the joint of my toe...all 4 were about equally painful.

Hmm... well not to be TMI, but a biopsy as well as a temporary nerve block on the lower female anatomy (Not at the same time). Both were done at the doctor office and the nerve block was so painful I screamed at the top of my lungs. I was extremely embarrassed to come out of the room to walk out of the office.

I've also had 3 c-sections to recover from, but those first 2 things were worse even though they were shorter lived.

My kneecap being dislocated for 47 minutes. That was some ride to ER in an ambulance that seemed to hit every pothole in New Orleans.

DW went through that. When she got to the hospital, one dr was SOOOO tempted to pop her back into place, but everyone talked him out of it. Turns out, her kneecap was in 5 pieces.

bruised ribs while having bronchitis comes to mind. Each cough was like a bullet through my guts. I couldn’t breathe. Awful.

Cracked/broken ribs, fell off a ladder, DW forced me to go to doctor, he asked, "When does it hurt?" My reply, "only when I breath, move, walk, lay down, other than that it feels great!" Took me 3 nights to decide which way didn't hurt as much when I moved in bed. Worst was, I had to go to work and finish a roughing in job, I was really careful on how I moved, etc. Carpenter was sawing and sawdust in the air, sneeze came out of nowhere! Put me right on floor in pain.

24 hours of back labor probably wins, but the brachytherapy I had to do is close. Don't look it up, you don't want to know.

I also had a god awful cough when I had my 2nd c section. Coughing was the worst pain I’ve ever experienced. And it took act of Congress to get cough medicine in a hospital

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter