What is the most fame someone you know personally has had?

I had a classmate from high school appear on Jenny Jones and another on Ricky Lake back in the late 90s. Another friend was on The Price is Right in the early 00s. Guess you can say they had their 15 minutes of fame.

One of my friends is often an extra in movies. One time she got to play the widow of a character. Another friend did back up vocals on some tracks for a recording artist.

Last edited:
My uncle had an international hit record in the early 80s that was written and produced by friends of our family, Jerry Buckner and Gary Garcia. Buckner and Garcia also had the one-hit wonder Pacman Fever. They are also part of the sound track for Wreck-It Ralph (Wreck It, Wreck-It Ralph)

One of my friends in high school is an actress and has won several film festival awards. She has also written several children's books

Last edited:
A guy from high school is an actor mostly on soaps. This guy I knew in Collage played for the Harlem Globetrotters back in the 90s.So no one I have known in the last 30 years. 😂

Know a few pretty famous folks and kin to a couple.

My best friend writes a nationally syndicated monthly newspaper feature.

My dad has quite a substantial list of credits for tv shows and movies (both on tv and in theatres). If you’ve watched a Christmas movie shot here in the past few years you’ve probably seen him as Santa.

Half the time he has no idea who the stars are but he’s been with a few a/b list actors.

***I should add that he’s mostly a background actor, but there’s been a few times he’s had dialogue and gets some good screen time.***

I have a cousin who is a Hollywood actress. Probably best known for her lead role in The Unit.

I have a cousin who is a current ABC News White House Correspondent.

And a cousin a few times removed who is the former Gov of Washington.

I went to school with a guy who has had a moderately successful acting career, having had roles on The Wire, The Walking Dead, NCIS, and others.

A former coworker had a commercial modeling career and one of her gigs was spoofed on Saturday Night Live.

I used to work for a fairly popular NFL player.

No real brushes with the truly famous, though.

My best friend from high school is a make up artist working on Black Adam with The Rock right now. She's custom making the make up they use.

A good friend of mine got the lead in a movie called The Identical with Ray Leotta, and Ashley Judd playing his parents. He went by Blake Rain for some reason but his name is Ryan Pelton. We all made fun of him for his "stripper name" lol

My ex husband was the music director/bass player for 10 years with The Osmond Brothers. He's on to his 4th wife now lol

I skated with 2 different people who made it to the Olympics in figure skating. One got a medal and one participated. I knew the one a lot better as she also lived in our small town, so we were in the same schools, but she was a few years younger than me (actually knew her brother a bit more as he was a year younger than me).

Someone else I skated with, her brother was on the Real World back around 2000 or 2001 (I think). He was a year behind me in school and I had a couple classes with him in high school, but did not know him too well.

And then a girl I went to college with is a CNN reporter in the Middle East.

My great aunt grew up in the same neighborhood as Joe Pesci and was good friends with him until she passed last year. He’s not a personal acquaintance of mine but I did meet him once. He was very nice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter