What is the minimum age you'd take a child to Aulani?

I'm speaking as a 27 year old without kids, but if my parents took me somewhere great, like Hawaii or Paris or any other expensive, far away destination, when I was 5 but never again, and I didn't remember it, then I would've wanted them to wait. It's the same reason they left me with my aunt when they went to Italy, because I was a toddler and wouldn't know what was going on. It would've been a waste of money. We went to the beach a lot as kids, but we went to a family member's beach house and didn't spent huge amount of money on a vacation until I was 11. And I suppose I'm fortunate that none of my close family really died until I was in college (or they past away before I was born). But if I just want little kids to have fun, I would probably do Disney World or the beach first, then Hawaii once they'll at least remember it. Hawaii is a much bigger event in my mind since I'm coming from the east coast and can fly to Orlando for $200.

I am sure that there are many things that people "wished" their parents did different. But I would never presume to know what was going on at that time since I was a child. Most people do what is best for them at the moment. As a parent, I can't imagine my kids being so ungrateful for the things that they did get, that they would complain about something that we did that they don't remember. We also raised them with the belief that if they wanted something that we did not provide for them, then they should work hard and pay for it themselves.

I am sure that there are many things that people "wished" their parents did different. But I would never presume to know what was going on at that time since I was a child. Most people do what is best for them at the moment. As a parent, I can't imagine my kids being so ungrateful for the things that they did get, that they would complain about something that we did that they don't remember. We also raised them with the belief that if they wanted something that we did not provide for them, then they should work hard and pay for it themselves.

If you can afford to bring a little kid to Hawaii, then go for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter