• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is the first news story you remember?

reecejackox

DIS Veteran
For me it was either 9/11 or the queen mothers funeral , I watched the second one on TV in primary school.

OKC bombing is the first one I remember, but 9/11 is the first time that I actively watched any news coverage.

Apollo 1 astronaut's funeral on TV. For years I thought it was JFK's but I would have been too young for that.

Nixon resigning. I feel like it should be the 1969 moon landing (I was born in 1962), but my parents did not seem to care much about world events and we did not discuss them at home.

OJ Simpson car chase

I was in the hospital for the birth of my oldest son.

I think I remember a lot of Jimmy Carter's news conferences breaking into my mom's soap operas in the 1970s.

Seems like there was one every day.

Born in 73. Probably first I remember was 1981....attempted assassination of president Reagan and then, a few months later, the awful story of Adam Walsh. My mother had the news about Adam on all the time and used it as a lesson to be aware of stranger danger. Big news year as I also remember the wedding of Charles and Diana.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter