What is the difference between Boma and Jiko?

gumdrop

<font color=FF66FF>Believes in Magic!<br><font col
Just wondering about the differences and similarities between these two places. Could anyone tell me about them? I'm adventurous, my boyfriend is not, so I'm trying to determine which one we could handle. Thanks!

My husband is not adventuresome when it comes to food, but I love to try new things! I checked out the menu for Jiko, & I think I'd be pushing my luck on that one, but Boma is one of our family's favorite restaurants! We tried it for the first time last yr. on spring break & liked it so much we went back again on that same trip! There was something for everyone. Our waitress was wonderful...She encouraged the kids to try anything they wanted & not just eat the usual kid offerings. They did & found some things they really liked (so did my DH ;) ). We were there in late Dec. & actually had the same waitress from our first trip. We commented that they didn't have one of the soups that my DH & kids really liked, & do you know she went back & got some for us! We are looking forward to dining there again on our upcoming trip in July. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the menu links and your thoughts on the two restaurants! Looks like Boma may be the best one for us to try because of the buffet. I appreciate the help!

My BIL is a meat and potatoes kinda guy...not adventuresome....but he really enjoyed his meal at Jiko.....we talked him into going cause it is our favorite.....He was very happy he went...

We have gone to Boma a few times also with the family and it does have some interesting dishes too...

The difference between Boma / Jiko is somewhat similar to the difference between Whispering Cyn / Artist Point. One is a buffet- with really good food - The other is a sit-down fine-dining restaurant with exceptional food. Children running around the tables at Boma is common-place (they have their own buffet area), children running around the tables at jiko would be just plain rude. At Boma, the house wine would be fine with dinner (if you even bothered to order wine), at Jiko - you might let the waiter choose a nice African vintage for you. We eat at both restaurants when we go to WDW, and love them both- but for different reasons.... By the way - -- Reading the menu for Jiko doesn't do the food justice IMHO. Jill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter