What is the best and worst food served at the Pop food court?

nuge67

Mouseketeer
What meals do you recommend and which ones should we avoid at the Pop food court?

I haven't stayed at Pop but I have had the Chicken Penne Alfredo (at ASMu) and LOVE it! You get a little salad and breadstick with it and it's very filling.

nuge67 said:
What meals do you recommend and which ones should we avoid at the Pop food court?

That is a hard question to answer, without knowing your taste in food.

I pretty much think all the food served at the Pop food court is good.
Maybe that's why I'm Pooh-sized...not a fussy eater. ;)

Although you can keep those Rice Krispies treats. I don't like them even if they are shaped like Mickey's head.

I like the "mom's night out" fried chicken. The green beans and mashed potatoes that come with the chicken are really good. For dessert, I'd choose a cookies and cream milk shake.

I don't really have a thing to avoid -- if it doesn't look good, I won't get it. Thus, I don't really have an informed opinion on those things.

My son loved the Mom's night out fried chicken. He doesn't like corn bread so they would give him extra green beans (he was 21 at the time). We both love the Mediterranean Chicken Flatbread (one reason I keep staying at Pop). The beef and blue sandwich is good too.

Can only speak for breakfast. Most recent stay was at BWV. No good places for breakfast so we drove to other resorts for breakfast. POP breakfast was very good highly recommend

I like the "mom's night out" fried chicken. The green beans and mashed potatoes that come with the chicken are really good. For dessert, I'd choose a cookies and cream milk shake.

I don't really have a thing to avoid -- if it doesn't look good, I won't get it. Thus, I don't really have an informed opinion on those things.

I read the first post and was on my way to post the Moms night out fried chicken. When we were at AOA in September we walked across the bridge to get the fried chicken. ::yes::

I'm suprised the Tie Dye Cheesecake hasn't been mentioned! It's a must-do!

tie_dyed.jpg
[/IMG]

That tie dyed cheesecake would be our only "skip it" item. We all ate it and all had very oddly tinted bathroom experiences. There is enough excitement at Disney without technicolor potty time. I guess I am old school. . .opposed to colorizing the classics:rotfl2:

Avoid the Hamburg and hotdogs, the bun Disney now uses in their food courts and parks are a Good for you Multi-grain bread, which is awful, the flavor is gone.:rotfl2:

I am not a food court fan and usually stick to things like a croissant for breakfast and we eat elsewhere for other meals. However, we spent one night at Pop last May and I just fell in love with the Asian chicken salad. They make it when you place your order. It was very fresh and I got the dressing on the side (most places use way more dressing than I care for.) DH and DD were both disappointed in their meals and got the salad later in the day based on my raves for it. :thumbsup2

I always seem to get the philly cheesesteak wrap or the chicken parm! :) I love their food court.

I like the vegetable lomein. It comes with shrimp if you like that. It's in the same line as the Mom's Night Out meals. From the same line, my husband says the salmon meal is good (I don't eat seafood). My husband had the flatbread with shrimp once and it was awful. It was a special, not a regular item, from the salad/flatbread/sandwich line. We love the tie dye cheesecake, one of our favorite desserts. We will go out of our way to get it even if we're not staying at Pop. We have never noticed anything discolored the next day! Maybe we just aren't looking? But we always share a piece so maybe since we are eating less at one time the effect is less.

I love the loaded nachos and turkey ciabatta sandwich. The chips that come with the sandwiches are so good. Also, the breakfast pizza is different and very tasty.

I love the roast beef and blue cheese sandwich as well as the burrito bar for lunch. I am pooh sized and can still easily split either of these with my DW. The turkey ciabatta is probably one if her favorite things to eat at all if WDW as far as QS.

I had the kids mac and cheese. YUCK!!! Terrible, just a plate of mushy overcooked pasta. It was late and I was just coming back so maybe that was the issue. Otherwise never had any problems with Pop food.

My favorites are:
Breakfast burrito
Chocolate chip croissant
Chicken penne Alfredo
Greek salad
Take out pizza
We're staying at POR this trip, and I'm totally stressing over the change! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter