What is offered for teens?

2teenmom

Earning My Ears
Dh and I will be traveling on the Feb 12 for 3 days with 2 teenage boys 15 & 17. Everyone that has traveled with teens said there is so much to offer the teens. I know that they meet the first night of the cruise but other than that I am not sure what is offered for them. Has anyone traveled with teenagers and what did they think about the time that they had. I just want my kids to have a great experience. Any suggestions would help.

Thanks

Hello Teen mom:
I am also cruising with a teen (14) year old son, and I've got quite a bit of info on activities for them. My concern is the same as yours because teen boys can be hard to please sometimes;)
We cruise on 11/30. Can't wait!princess:
I'm not sure which cruise you are taking, but on the 4 day. We have a full day at Castaway Cay and they have a teen activity called "The Wildside." They will go kayaking, biking and snorkling. This cost $35. They also have a teen cruise that takes them around Paradise Island in Nassau its a party for teens ages 13-17. They have a hang out spot called "Common Grounds" on the ship that closes around 2:00a.m they should have alot of fun there. The teen coaches organize activites, games, and contest. Common Grounds is a must for teens because apparently this is were all there activities get started. Theres an arcade room on the ship and an internet cafe that they can also be a part of, if I'm correct they do charge additional fees for the arcade and internet use.
Theres quite a few new disney movies that will be shown there that have not reached the box office yet. We plan to see Haunted Mansion. I hear they will also show Spy Kid 3D, Pirates of the Caribbean and a few others. I think the key is the'll have to get out and meet people. Your boys can hang out together. My son is going alone, he's a people person so I'm sure he'll have a good time!
Hope you guys have fun, if you find out anything more for them, please inform me....:chat:

Thank you so much for the information. Where did you find it all out. Did the Disney Cruise line give it to you?
We are traveling on a 3 day cruise on February 11 and then we are going to DW until the 19th. Should be fun. My husband and I went on the cruise by ourselves a couple of years ago but we didn't check out all the activities for the boys. Your cruise is coming up fast. Let me know how it goes. My fingers are crossed for great weather.

:sunny:

Thanks again
Judy

Yea, if you go directly to disney cruise line's website and look up "fun on shore" there you'll see the activites at each port, including the teen activities. I also found a bunch of info. for teens at other post here.
Theres a thread posted that has a link with all the teen stuff... can't remember it right off, but if I run across it again i will definitely share it with you guys!....:earsboy:

Don't worry, the boys are going to have the time of there life!!!!

:wave2: :cool: ;)

I will check out the web site for the Disney Cruise line. When you get back please let me know what your son thought. Enjoy your Thanksgiving. Thanks for all the info. I really do appreciate it. Have fun on the cruise. The day is almost here for you. Hope you have great weather. It is cold here so I can't wait until Feb comes around. Talk to you soon.:chat: :hyper: :teeth: :wave2:

If you go to the DCL site, then click on "activities on board" and "teens" you can download a large part of the teen program. On the Magic, they have an area called "The Stack" on the Wonder, it is Common Grounds. Counsellors are there, no little kids allowed. They can hang, play music, video games, read, computers, etc. In addition, there are parties every night (different themes each night), some activities during the day, etc. Teens are NOT required to participate in activities--they can just hang out OR do the activity planned.

In addition, several of the shore calls have specific teen activities. Someone else discussed the one on Castaway...that's the only one I'm familiar with.

I know this is a while ago but I cruised on 6/22/02 when I was 13. I had the TIME of my life! A must for your sons though, is to meet people. I actually used DISboards to meet about 7 kids my own age. On the first day, we met at the Ice Cream Shop and ended up becoming such close friends, I still talk to all of them very often. Common Grounds does have a lot of organized activities and you can also always go in there and just pop in a movie or play a game. Definately make sure your sons attend the first night meet thing. It helped everyone to really loosen up and start to get comfortable with each other. I hope you guys have a GREAT time and If you have any more questions feel free to p/m or e-mail me :D

We came to the Fri nite chat and met another family with a teen (same age as ours). The kids have been chatting on line and geting to know each other a bit before the cruise.

We're going on our 2nd cruise this Feb. with my 16 yr. old son & 12 almost 13 yr. old nephew. They had a great time on our last cruise & didn't even do the Common Grounds thing or any scheduled teen activities. There is so much to do that they'll have a great time no matter what they decide to do.! Enjoy!! Cathie & The Gang:boat: :grouphug:

Thank you all for the information. I did go on the web site and downloaded all kinds of information. There seems to be so much for them to do. I did post on the Dis that we were going on the cruise but I did not get any respnse. The kids are looking forward to it. I just want to get away from the Massachusetts cold. Just the idea of being in the sun ...... I can't wait. Thank you again for all the information. Just knowing that teens have had fun just makes me feel better.

hello disney has great teen programs
i tell u this because i am a teen and have been on the cruise twice
no regrets
if you have teen kids beware you might not evan see them half the time because they will be having so much fun
if there is anything else you would like to know
please do not be afraid to ask
ahoy and have a great time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter