What is Disney thinking!?!

rt2dz

DIS Veteran
We were there the last week of October 2008 and the last week of November through the first week of December 2008, we’re booked for the first week of June 2009 and the last week of September 2009. I have received the $500 gift card pin, the kids free pin (also received last November after the June 2009 trip was booked), DH received the free dining pin yesterday, and I received the free dining pin just now!

None of those pins work for us (cost wise)! Not that it matters, I have the 4/3 deal for June and a bounce back for September. But geez, that’s a little pin over load. Especially receiving one pin twice. LOL

I wish some of you who wanted and could use these pins were getting them! Such a waste. Now, if I could only have gotten the 40% code. THAT ONE, I could have, would have used.

Obviously, Disney thinks that you're a wonderful guest and they'd like you to visit more often. :thumbsup2

I guess that I must be a lousy guest, because I haven't gotten a single PIN since November. :sad1:

I know what you mean about the pin overload. In Nov or Dec I received a $500 gc code. Recently in email I got a 40% code. Then just this week another email for a package AND snail mail for the kids free pin code. WOW!

I am glad to receive them, but it all adds to the stress in researching what is best and if we can go at the allotted times. Kind of a blessing and a planner's worst nightmare :rotfl2:

I agree that the dates make it hard to work out. Plus we need to get flights and it is always less to travel on Tuesday and Wednesdays, can't wait for SW to open up for the summer past August 14.

Obviously, Disney thinks that you're a wonderful guest and they'd like you to visit more often. :thumbsup2

I guess that I must be a lousy guest, because I haven't gotten a single PIN since November. :sad1:

I've NEVER received a pin of any kind. So I must be a really lousy guest. :guilty:

Shhhh, don't tell my DH I keep getting these PINS. We are so close to buying DVC but he has always said that we keep getting good deals. I just got another $500 gift Card when we are already booked on the other one we received in November!

Never had a pin here either.:rotfl2: We typically visit Disney 1/yr or at worse, 18mths. I guessed we were't getting any since they knew they had our business already. :confused3

But our last trip in Nove/Dec 2008 will be our last for awhile the way the economy is..job uncertainty, etc. So it will be interesting to see if they send us any codes to lure us in when we aren't on the books!

DH and I BOTH got the dining pin today....and we have a July trip booked, so we can't use them. I can't wait til Monday to try to get the 4/3!!

Please add me to the lousy guest list because we go every year and have never received a pin code. :sad2:

Carla

hey momof2....I am waiting for that too!!!! Hopefully we all get rooms in the resorts we want.:cool1: Cuz that is the only deal i am ever gonna get!:sad2:

i have gotten every pin deal they have - but nothing works for my dates. I could only use the 40% on the 1st day of our vacation. Maybe i will get a few more.pixiedust:

Well, if it makes anyone feel any better, when I ran the numbers the 4/3 deal, which is available to everyone, came out way less than the kids free or the $500 gift card pins. The free dining pin also gives me a higher bottom line than the bounce back we're booked under. The dining plan just doesn't work for my family.

For those of you who haven't gotten anything yet, keep looking. If we went twice in 2008 (one was a freebie family reunion) and we're going twice in 2009 (anniversary trip w/o the kids for September--a downgrade from a Mediterranean cruise, not that I mind) and STILL have gotten four pin codes in the last couple of weeks, they must be sending out pins galore. A year hasn't gone by that we haven't gotten a pin (not that we can use 90% of them), but this is ridiculous!

I don't get them in my email anymore like I used to, but when I called about a month ago they told me I had a 40% off one over the phone. I wonder why if they are so desperate to get business that they send the same people the same code twice, why they just don't send it to more people who might be able to use it. It would give them more business!

I never get a pin and been staying there since 2005 twice a year some trips were for 1 or 2 nights but still where is my pins?

I don't get them in my email anymore like I used to, but when I called about a month ago they told me I had a 40% off one over the phone. I wonder why if they are so desperate to get business that they send the same people the same code twice, why they just don't send it to more people who might be able to use it. It would give them more business!

How do you find out if you have a pin? :flower3:

i'm a 30x visitor, and i've *never* gotten a pin (and have checked, rechecked and triple checked that they have my email addy, etc)... so congrats to the pin getters, whether you can use 'em or not, at least you feel the love ;)

Well, ready for this.....I finally received the $500 PIN today, but it's not in my name! I'm the person who always makes the reservations for our family vacations, but this came addressed to my SIL's mother?????? :confused3 Being that we usually stay in a villa, I don't need to supply each person's address. I guess they just picked one of the names & sent it here. Soooooo, can I use it?????? I think I'll call tomorrow for some info.

i just got my first code for the $500 gift card!!!!! however, it says it is for 5 nights and 6 days...can i extend that time and still get the deal? i would like to go 7nights/8days...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter