What Is A Reasonable Offer

Mommy2TwoMickeys

DIS Veteran
What is a reasonable offer($$ per Pt) for BWV 150pts. No Points from year prior and nothing borrowed from the upcoming year??

What is a reasonable offer($$ per Pt) for BWV 150pts. No Points from year prior and nothing borrowed from the upcoming year??

I wondered the same thing myself. Ultimately, I wanted the contract, so I decided to offer the asking price. More chance for it to go through.

I paid 67 with 2012 points intact... Waiting on ROFR..... In this environment I think it is fair.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3001288

Scroll down page 1 to BWV, there is the list of everyone on DIS who has reported buying a DVC contract and passing ROFR in 2012 and 2013. It lists all the details for each transaction, usually.
I have averaged the amounts for contracts of the size I am interested in at the DVC resort I am interested in, to get a ballpark estimate of what I am willing to pay, but others may approach things differently and some have suggested that the numbers might be skewed towards the low side, but I am in no hurry and if one contract doesn't happen, there's a lot of fish in the DVC resale sea.

The problem with page one of ROFR page it has not been updates in over 3 weeks - almost a month so that data is really not a true indicator of what is going on right now - Disney is on a ROFR rampage and prices have gone up in the past 3 weeks! I am hopeful it will be updated soon but there has been so much activity I think that is what is taking so long!

Would scan the ROFR thread mentioned above to try to figure a fair market value. (With the caveat that that thread may be skewed a bit low, as folks not getting the "best deal" might not post details.). Then only offer what you are willing to pay. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards App please excuse any typos and autocorrects!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter