what if your waiting in line with your fast pass and your time expires?

So Steve, which do you prefer to be called: "Validation" or "Merge"? We could have "Validator Steve" or Merger Steve." Not as good as "Fantastic Steve" but you need to start somewhere.;)

Really, they're both pretty crummy positions. Everyone's in a hurry, no one wants to listen, and lots of people yell at you. I'd much rather be known as "Take 5/Magical Moment Steve" That's my favorite thing to do.

Now that Steve has ruined the thread by giving out actual information (just kidding!;) Thanks, Steve!), here's another FP story.

One day last month at MGM we wanted to go to Millionaire, but there was a long line waiting to get in. Not nearly long enough to fill the theater, just long enough to bum us out. (We hate waiting in long lines.)

So we decided to grab FP's and go on Backlot Tour first. As we passed the FP entrance to Millionaire I still had the FP's in my hand, about to put them away. A CM at the FP entrance shouted "come on in!". I explained to her that we had just got them and would come back. She told us to "come on in anyway" and we didn't even have to give our FP's!

We couldn't pass up that offer, so we went in, and I mentioned to her that "there ARE a lot of people waiting in line back there". As we entered the theater I looked back to see her telling another CM , "He says there's a line out there!" :rolleyes:

We used our FP's on the next show. Neither show filled the theater, so it was all in good fun.

I guess a lot will depend on the attraction, the CM, and how busy the parks are. Here is our story.......

Weekend after Thanksgiving at the AK we had FP's for the safari. With all the other things we had to do we missed the time by a bit over an hour. We debated what to do and decided to get new FP's and come back later. I was at the machines about to get new FP's when the CM at the machines saw I had some FP's in my hand and pointed me to the FP return. I told her that they expired over an hour ago. She said that was no problem and we could go ahead and use them. The FP validator didn't bat an eyelash when we said we were told we could still use them. There was maybe a 30 minute line for the safari at that time.

Same trip the week after Thanksgiving we had FP's for Primevil Whirl. While playing in the Boneyard our son (17 months) hurt his leg and couldn't walk - freaked us out. The requisite trip to first aid and examination by paramedics, etc took up just a wee bit o' time. Turns out the paramedics didn't think he did any serious damage - and he fell asleep - so we decided to wait until he woke to decide on a trip to the ER. Well, after all that he was fine - so we stayed at the park. Obviously missed our FP time. Went to see if we could use them after explaining about our ordeal, but I don't think the validator cared why we missed the time and let us use them. The ride had about a 45 minute wait.

I wouldn't make a habit of trying to use expired FP's, but it does appear that in some instances you can.

My DD favorite ride is SpM - on one visit to WDW we got a fast pass for SpM - then entered the regular line because we knew she would want to ride 2x in a row - but we were in the regular line for close to2hours and our fast pass had just expired when we got off the ride for the 1st time - when we went to go through the FP line we told the CM what happened and he told us that if its less than 15minutes they always let you go, after that it depends on how long the FP line is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter