What I miss ar WDW

Hey All.....

Never been to WDW, but I'm wondering if you ever had America Sings out there? Here in Anaheim, it replaced Carousel of Progress, and was my all-time favorite ride/attraction (close second is the Matterhorn :) ).

Then when the Dark Years began, Darth Eisner ripped it out in favor of a 4-D Compaq commercial called Innoventions... :mad: then he pillaged all the AA figures and stuck them in Splash Mountain!!! :mad: :mad:

Sure hope there aren't any Innoventions fans here... I prefer Circuit City or Best Buy...no admission and the lighting is better. :duck:

Thought I'd vent.. :)

Kevin

I miss the EPCOT parade! :sad:

Tapestry of Dreams was my favorite!

I miss Tapestry of Nations, myself - I liked it so much better than Dreams.....
I also miss Mr. Toad, JII & the Original Tiki Room.....

I STILL refuse to ride Splash because it makes me cry to see my beautiful America Sings pillaged. It was one of my all time favorite attractions and I've never gotten over it.

My husband wants the next park to be the Ghost of Disney Past where they bring back all the defunct rides and I'm all for it!

I know this was at Disneyland, but I really thought Innerspace was the coolest ride when I was a little girl & a teenager too. And miss the People Movers, the Rocket rides and that fast ride that too over the People movers (can't remember the name).

I really liked Catain EO at Epcot. We only got to see it on our first visit and then they closed it down. I'd LOVE to see that again but I imagine they won't bring it back.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Here's the short list:
COP (I know--it's "open" but never when we're at WDW, so it may as well be closed).
Horizons
World of Motion
Mr. Toad
IF you had Wings
The Skyway
The I/O show
The Magic Journey film
That film on the US in Epcot
The Empress Lilly--turned in to that awful restaurant. How could they think of doing that to a steamboat named after Walt's wife??? Unforgiveable.

Along with a whole bunch of fine restaurants, which aren't really part of this Board.

I miss Delta Dream Flight and Mr. Toads Wild Ride. I did see Tapestry of Nations and The original Eletric Light Parade when they brought it back in 2001. I believe for some time thiough that DCA got DL's original Eletric Light Parade.

WDW goer since '86. I miss:

20,000 Leagues
COP (never open when we go, maybe this year when we go in Nov.)
Endor Vendors decor (much better than Tattoine Traders) in my opinion

Still the most magical place on Earth!!!pirate:

Originally posted by SomeSayImGoofy
Hey All.....

Never been to WDW, but I'm wondering if you ever had America Sings out there? Here in Anaheim, it replaced Carousel of Progress, and was my all-time favorite ride/attraction (close second is the Matterhorn :) ).

Then when the Dark Years began, Darth Eisner ripped it out in favor of a 4-D Compaq commercial called Innoventions... :mad: then he pillaged all the AA figures and stuck them in Splash Mountain!!! :mad: :mad:

Sure hope there aren't any Innoventions fans here... I prefer Circuit City or Best Buy...no admission and the lighting is better. :duck:

Thought I'd vent.. :)

Kevin

Actually, Splash Mountain came years and years before innoventions was placed into the carousel theater building. Remember that Knott's Berry Farm had a "log ride" that was extremely popular and Disney pushed to get Splash Mtn open, re-using the America Sings animatronics. America Sings was not a popular show, although it was one of my favorites.

And no, it was never duplicated at WDW, the theater has always housed Carousel Of Progress at WDW.

If You Had Wings......

On one of the Disney music channels on Live365.com, I've heard the song several times. It's been neat to hear after so long.

Originally posted by Chuck S
Actually, Splash Mountain came years and years before innoventions was placed into the carousel theater building. Remember that Knott's Berry Farm had a "log ride" that was extremely popular and Disney pushed to get Splash Mtn open, re-using the America Sings animatronics. America Sings was not a popular show, although it was one of my favorites.

And no, it was never duplicated at WDW, the theater has always housed Carousel Of Progress at WDW.

America Sings was not a popular attraction? Where do you get that info.? I've been attending monthly (at least) since the early 80's and remember very healthy crowds...

I also remember (as you pointed out) that the carousel building was vacant for years...I would walk by it aand hope..."maybe they'll re-open it..." Little did I know Darth Eisner was in there with his cutting torches and hacksaws destroying it.

The Log Ride at Knott's is STILL there...(I rode it last week)...still cheesey and still fun. :)

I was unaware that it was the catalyst that got the Splash Mt. project rolling. Sad, sad, sad... I suppose that was sorta at the beginning of the Evil Empire.... you may find my lack of faith disturbing, but to have witnessed DL go in the toilet the past 10 or so years has been really disheartening. Fortunately Matt and his team are cleaning it up!

I also miss the People Mover...(Rocket Rods was a complete disaster)! Tomorrowland, for that matter is a bronze and gold nightmare of barrenness. :rolleyes:

Happy to be headin' east...

Kevin

I agree with Disney_1derland 1000%, they need to build either a new park, or an area within one of the existing parks that has a Disney Yesteryear sort of theme. That would rock, and I'd pay extra to bring my family to see it.

River country--add that to my list. Also Discovery Island. Always liked the boat ride there and spending an hour or two looking around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter