~What have you forgotten to pack that you REALLY regretted???

I forgot to pack the Dramamine one year. Three of us take it everyday while we are there and DH refuses to drive off site so it cost me a fortune to buy it in the gift shop but I did. Not to WDW but on our honeymoon DH forgot to pack shirts:confused3.
Not really a forgot, but our last trip I so wished I had the things needed to help get through a stomach virus as two of us got it while we were there!

A foot spa:rolleyes1 nothing like soaking your feet after a long day hopping at different WDW parks:love:

I didn't "forget" but chose not to pack winter jackets for our trip in 2010 last week of feb into early march. Normal temps were around 65-70 but that year the warmest it got was maybe 65 1-2 days for an hour or two in the afternoon - most of the time it was between 40-50 and we were uncomfortably cold.

I usually pack everything that I want - but one year I forgot any dental floss.
Yes - it is important to me. Sometimes some food stuck between my teeth can be irritating.

I never forgot anything on a Disney trip but did forget to bring concert tickets with me once.
Got an hr from home and remembered, had to go back and get them of course
Now I have two people confirm I have important things packed, they always look at me like I am crazy but so far I have to forgot anything else important for any trip

sunscreen. Ended up paying a ton for it in the gift shop. Pepto. My son got a tummy ache after the second day and had to buy some also at the gift shop.I allready have those things on the top of my 2013 packing list : )

Believe it or not, a camera. I went with my adult niece in October of 2009 for a 4-day weekend, and she brought her digital camera. I decided to leave mine home since I'd been there just about a year prior and had taken a lot of pictures.

We got there and I discovered she had only brought one card for the camera. Her camera uses the old square large cards, and I was confident we could buy more at the parks. No dice, they are nowhere to be found. She had room on her card for only 16 photos, which were taken up by the photos of the newly-renovated Contemporary rooms.

We bought disposable cameras for the rest of the trip, but none of the photos came out. The kicker? We didn't know prior to the trip about the Not So Scary Mickey Halloween, and so we have absolutely no photos of the festivities, decorations, and fun we experienced.

Now, I have no intention of leaving the photo-taking to someone else. I am bound for WDW next month, and even though the other three family members going with are all bringing cameras, I bought a new point/shoot for the trip. :rotfl:

1) Allergy/cold meds -- You don't want to have to find out the price of the cold medicine in the gift shops.

2) Stomach meds -- You eat a lot differently at WDW than at home (especially during F+W), and see above about the price of medicine.

3) Bug bite treatment -- The prevention does NOT always work, and then you're itching with nothing to put on it. Argh!

A few years ago I decided to switch to rechargable batteries for the camera. Halfway thru HS I had to buy new non rechargable batteries. Now I always make sure to pack them and extras.

Last year for our one trip I forgot shampoo and conditioner. My hair was angry with the hotel stuff I used.

We drive down from NY, and our second trip last year, we forgot to pack our jackets. Halfway home in the Carolinas at a rest stop we got out of the car and the cold air hit us like a brick in the face. I had to dig out the new sweatshirt I bought to give to my son so atleast one of us didn't freeze.

Ski band/hat in the winter. I searched EVERY store I came across (on property...I was solo without a car). Sadly, there had been a LOT of cold weather in the weeks leading up to my trip, and the only hats left were those long multi-colored hats. This New Englander wasn't THAT desperate. But I did end up with minor frost bite.

WATERPROOF bandaids. First aid doesn't have them. The gift shops don't have them. It rains a lot in August, and fabric flip flop straps cause blisters when wet. Then they take a long time to dry out, and in the process, rub off the non-waterproof bandaids...

I see a few people forgot scissors.... I've never brought scissors and don't intend too. Just wondering what's the need to take them?:confused3

I see a few people forgot scissors.... I've never brought scissors and don't intend too. Just wondering what's the need to take them?:confused3

I keep a pair of kid's scissors in the outside pocket of my suitcase. I use them to cut off luggage tags before applying new ones, cut zip ties off if I closed the suitcase with them, cut tags off of clothes, open packages, and more!

My problem tends to be the last minute stuff that I need to use in the morning. Once I forgot all of my face wash products (cleanser, toner, cream) and I couldn't find anything similar at WDW...I just didn't feel right the whole trip because it is such a part of my routine!!

My son's allergies meds. He only has problems from time to time so I didn't really think about it but he had a massive attack one year and you don't really want to find out how much claritin costs at the gift shops :scared1: Thankfully they had over the counter claritin or it would have been a rough vacation!

Undies for my dd on her 5th bday trip. A Pack at world of disney was like $27!!!

I had to LOL at this one because my husband recommended that I bring old undies and toss them after using them to make room for new T-shirts and souvenir purchases in the luggage (we really packed light). I took a different tack and bought brand new underwear for DD and myself because they are all rolled up tight when they are new. But I bought the wrong size for DD! They were waaay too small! So we had to stop and do laundry for the few pairs of underwear that fit her (I wish I knew we could buy undies in WDW! I would have spent anything to not have to wash laundry. A couple of days during our vacation, she ended up wearing my underwear. I should have listened to DH.

We remembered batteries for the camera but forgot to take them with us to Epcot. The batteries in the camera died and DD's iPod camera broke that very day (thank goodness I purchased the extended warranty). If not for Photopass photographers, we would have almost no pics from Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter