~What have you forgotten to pack that you REALLY regretted???

joenan88

DIS Veteran
I am counting down the days till our Disney vacation..so excited :banana: and I was thinking about all the things I do not want to forget to pack...with 3 kids I always manage to forget something... So I was curious to see what people have forgotten and really regretted!

An extra pair of shoes
I usually only bring 1 pr and on that trip, I packed a pair of Skecher Shape ups that I wear at home all the time. I started getting a blister on the back of my foot and had to buy a pr of flip flops at DHS. From that time, I've stuck with my Teva Mush for WDW trips.

Not at Disney World but for other vacations, I have forgotten to bring chargers and power cords for things like cell phones and laptops.

At Disney World, I usually pack my ponchos but will often look outside in the morning and decide to leave them in the hotel room for the day. This is always a big mistake.

A belt for my DH! I don't wear belts, and DH apparently chose to wear something beltless on the plane. Half way to the airport he realized we hadn't packed one, but we were going to be REALLY tight on our flight if we went back, so we spent $35 buying one at the Yacht Club.... From now on that will be the FIRST thing packed!

Oh, and on that same trip we used every last diaper we brought - DS made it home in the last one! :eek: Buying a 10 pk in Disney would have cost us $10!:sick:

Neosporin ointment and moleskin. Yes, we were the idgits who didn't break our shoes in enough before the trip. Fortunately my brother came to visit us on Day 4 of our trip and made a Target pitstop on his way. I know I had him pick up a few other things for us, but I don't remember what...

Have lots of fun on your trip!

Extra pair of prescription glasses. DH and I learned the hard way on how strong the waves are at typhoon lagoon. The first wave took both of our glasses. Luckily DH was able to find mine after a while of searching and once I had mine on I found his. Lucky the waves did not move them to far from us and no one stepped on them.

Our annual passes. Oh *snap*. Did I feel stupid. Fortunately, I the backs of them photocopied when we first got them, and I carry that photocopy in my travel planner, so we were able to replace them at guest relations.

My broken-in Crocs Athens. I like to switch out my shoes; I bring two pairs of running shoes and my Athens, and keep my feet happy that way. But i forgot the Athens. And for some reason my feet and legs were absolutely in agony for our last trip (which was to Disneyland and then Universal Orlando, but I think it's OK to post here, LOL), so I was really missing them.

The last full day at Disneyland I broke down and bought Mickey Crocs Athens, but of course they aren't broken in. AND, it turns out, the same size in Mickey is DIFFERENT than that size in normal Athens, which made things miserable once I started wearing them. Breaking in Athens isn't the most fun thing, either, as it really rubs until the thong part stretches a bit, and it was just ugh.

(on the UP side, my foot and leg misery was a huge wake up call about my weight, and I joined Weight Watchers shortly after returning home, and it's going really well!)

Polysporin, a box of bandaids and insect repellant. We have only needed the bug stuff once out of a dozen trips, but now I always bring it.

I forgot my razor one year-I don't like dispoable kind they sell there so my dh had brought an extra cartridge for his razor and we would switch it out for each of us.Then one year dh forgot his electric beard trimmer thingy and we had to got to target to get a new one.I always overpack for the kids-and bring anything I could possible think of for them if they are sick,but always seem to forget something for me.Dh has forgot his sunglasses 2 times also

My TIW card. Back then it was $25 to get it replaced, but now it is $50.

A pair of scissors.
We were so paranoid about going through TSA that we forgot to pack them even in the checked baggage.
First time we had to use moleskin we've tried everything sharp in the hotel room, until we finally decide to go to the nearest store and buy a new pair of scissors.

My TIW card. Back then it was $25 to get it replaced, but now it is $50.

One year I renewed my TiW card as soon as I got to WDW. The next morning I discovered that in a stroke of GENIUS, I had thrown out the NEW card, but was still in possession of the old one. D'OH!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter