What has been your longest journey since the pandemic started?

We did a holiday cruise in Dec. 2019 and that has been it for me - I am immune suppressed due to medication so I am home. I miss traveling more than anything and after canceling last summer's trip to Vancouver I needed to have something to look forward to. I am having a lot of fun planning a week in Disney for March 2022. Fingers crossed that it will not have to be postponed.

Im not a big fan of long flights even before covid, but during covid, 5 hour nonstop flight

I'm currently traveling cross-country in an RV. We're from PA and are in Yellowstone now. Heading as far west as Glacier National Park.
How fun!! We are in west Yellowstone right now too 😊. We are on the last night of our 10 day stay in Montana 4 days in Bozeman and 5 days in west Yellowstone. It’s been so smoky here from all the fires out west 🥲. It’s beautiful though.

How fun!! We are in west Yellowstone right now too 😊. We are on the last night of our 10 day stay in Montana 4 days in Bozeman and 5 days in west Yellowstone. It’s been so smoky here from all the fires out west 🥲. It’s beautiful though.
Awesome! We left yesterday and visited Craters of the Moon. We're heading to our campsite outside of Glacier now. Lots of smoke in Southern MT on the way today. Safe travels!

I have gone from the East Coast to the West Coast and back a couple of times since the pandemic started.
In fact, I flew from NC to NV in April of 2020 right after things got really started and it was surreal. Empty airports, closed restaurants in the terminals, low passenger count, masks weren't mandatory yet as people weren't really sure about them yet.

June/July 2020: Northern Virginia to Detroit
July 2020: WDW
September 2020: WDW
October 2020: Detroit
December 2020: Detroit
January 2021: WDW
February 2021: Detroit
March 2021: Florida + WDW
April 2021: Detroit
June 2021: Detroit & then moved to Florida

Live in Mass.

July 2020 flew to Indiana
April 2021 drove my sons car and all his stuff to Texas. Flew home.
October 2021 we are supposed to be going to Utah to visit the 5 National Parks plus Grand Canyon in Arizona.

We've been to Atlanta a couple times (driving from Indiana) to visit our daughter who moved there mid-pandemic. But we didn't do anything other than pick up meals or grocery shop and hang out in her apartment with her - until my most recent trip in June. That trip we did some sightseeing/touring. We don't have any other trips planned until next year (d/t work, not covid) when we hope to take a nice long trip out west to see our son and check out some national parks.

Drive to a resort community in the next county for a couple of trips one which we drove up past a ski area turn off trying to find a camping spot we could use for day use for a picnic after learning that the day use only lake was closed. Ended up having our picnic of sandwiches, chips, cookies, and water along a roadside picnic spot in the town along the creek. There are a number of nice tables with a nice charcoal barbecue all spaced that you can only see the next one in the distance in a few spots.
Took a 2nd drive a couple of weeks later but took the other road our of town in the opposite direction that we had previously going over part of the Beartooth Highway. We did a couple of stops along the road to take some pictures with no one else around, a stop at a single person at a time rest stop (ok they did have a mens and a womens but it was still only one pit toilet with some hand sanitizer on the wall to clean your hands. Was planning on having a picnic somewhere but due it starting to pour we opted to stop at the Subway in the town. Tables were removed to be not only 6 feet apart but to have the seating for only 30% of their normal capacity indoors. We had plans to go this year but the area has a number of fires in teraine that the goal is to get containment so it does not spread while waiting until we get a heavy enough snow fall to put the fires out. Sadly the largest of these fires was human caused by someone riding a motorcycle without a chain guard in an area where it is forbidden in the first place.

We moved states twice... and had 2 vacations.
The only thing the pandemic did is change my DH jobs.
The first move was 550 miles from KC back to DFW
Then fort worth to my home here in S Florida 1400 miles

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter