What happens to the Magic after Summer 2022? In 2023?

DisneYE

DIS Veteran
We're still chasing the goal of sailing the Grand Slam.
No luck with the Magic so far.
So I was hoping for her return to North America after this year's Summer in Europe so we can try and sail with her.
Anyone know where will she be stationed at?

Also, speaking of Grand Slam, have ppl agreed on the new name once the Wish sails and there's 5 ships out there?
I'm for "Royal Flush" - but I can see how ppl not familiar with poker might interpret the name in a different way.
what do you all think?

After returning from Europe, NYC this fall, then on to San Juan, Galveston, New Orleans, and Miami

DCL has a contract with Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) that eventually includes 2 ships with one ship being there 365 starting fall of 2023. Since the Dream is going to be doing Europe in the summer, my money is on the Magic being the year round ship.

The agreement provides for one ship to be homeported in Port Everglades year-round beginning fall 2023, joined by a second, seasonal ship in 2025.

DCL has a contract with Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) that eventually includes 2 ships with one ship being there 365 starting fall of 2023. Since the Dream is going to be doing Europe in the summer, my money is on the Magic being the year round ship.

The agreement provides for one ship to be homeported in Port Everglades year-round beginning fall 2023, joined by a second, seasonal ship in 2025.
Maybe they will put the Magic and Fantasy in Ft. Lauderdale. I'd assume the Fantasy will have to move out of PC once New Ship 2 is here.

Maybe they will put the Magic and Fantasy in Ft. Lauderdale. I'd assume the Fantasy will have to move out of PC once New Ship 2 is here.
At one point in 2014 they had the Dream, Fantasy, and Magic based in PC. So if they sent the Fantasy off on some 10/11 day cruises it would be possible to have all three.

This is based upon zero information, but I wonder if the Magic will be sent to Australia now that DCL registered there?

This is based upon zero information, but I wonder if the Magic will be sent to Australia now that DCL registered there?
It’s more likely to be the Wonder since otherwise they will have to send the Magic through the canal.

The Wonder is on the west coast already and this fall/winter the prices are bargain DCL prices for the pacific coast cruises.

We are booked on the Magic for a 6-night cruise Oct 10-16 out of New York to New England/Canada. First cruise.

Do we think there be any ships on the California coast in the summer in the future? Looking to do a land and sea with Disneyland/San Diego but need to travel in the summer, so this may never happen.

My estimate of the deployments once all seven ships are in:

2 full-time out of PC
1 full-time out of South Florida
1 full-time in Europe

1 seasonal in Europe/seasonal out of South Florida
1 seasonal on the west coast/seasonal out of Hawaii/Asia/Australia
*1 seasonal on the west coast/seasonal out of Galveston/NOLA

* This last deployment could also be seasonal out of NY/seasonal out of Galveston/NOLA

I really can’t see one ship in Europe full time. Both NCL and Royal have tried to make it work before but there isn’t the market for it.

I think NCL is trying again this winter.

I would like to see a ship with more interesting itineraries go out of Miami/Port Everglades. It could easily do one 10 night cruise a month.

So they could do something like 4/5/5/4/10 rotation over two weeks.

I would love to see a ship in Europe full time, or at least for a longer season. Even the Wonder could have a longer season in Alaska NCL and other cruise lines sail all into October.

Even the Wonder could have a longer season in Alaska NCL and other cruise lines sail all into October.
Yeah, but why? The weather gets colder and rainier and tourist attractions start to close down because there aren't enough guests to keep them running.

European cruises have similar problems. There's some off-season Mediterranean activity, but northern cruises, British cruises, and so on just don't work in the colder half of the year.

Yeah, but why? The weather gets colder and rainier and tourist attractions start to close down because there aren't enough guests to keep them running.

European cruises have similar problems. There's some off-season Mediterranean activity, but northern cruises, British cruises, and so on just don't work in the colder half of the year.
For Europe, say both the Dream and Magic came over.

You could have the Magic do the normal Northern Europe itineraries but from May through September, and then to the TA at the normal time in September (or even maybe a couple of weeks earlier.) Then she can go to NY and do a month of Bermuda or Canada itineraries.

Have the Dream do the Med all summer but have her TA a month later - in most places in the Med the season runs through at least the first two weeks in October, if not to the end of October.

There is a limited amount of places you can sail to in the winter: the Greek islands are mostly closed so you’re limited to big ports in Italy, Spain, France and maybe the Canaries depending on length of cruise.

The Wonder will. As mentioned above, they'd have to take the Magic through the Panama. It would simply be too far for the ship to travel for an Aussie season because they would need to send it back the same way. The Wonder is on the west coast so would be the simplest option. The Baja cruises don't particularly appear the most profitable for the company with an extended season there. Australia is really into cruising.

Last edited:
The Wonder will. As mentioned above, they'd have to take the Magic through the Panama. It would simply be too far for the ship to travel for an Aussie season because they would need to send it back the same way. The Wonder is on the west coast so would be the simplest option. The Baja cruises don't particularly appear the most profitable for the company with an extended season there. Australia is really into cruising.
I just googled some stuff and I agree. “The Wave Season” is October through April which is perfect for the Wonder’s Alaskas season. With departures from Honolulu it would be under 20 days one way. It would most likely include stops at Tahiti, Bora-Bora, Moorea, Auckland and Bay of Islands. Still more of an adult experience, since many first-timers would be concerned about taking children for such a long trip. Transatlantic was rather child light in attendance. Although the Magic could come through the Canal and leave the Wonder to sail around the west coast areas during that same period. But only likely after we get a another 1-2 ships in the fleet.

Yesterday's announcement that the Magic is going west for a brief San Diego season in fall 2023 is a fascinating development. I'm very curious to see if it's just a one time thing or if it becomes part of her annual rotation.

The deployment in 2024 will also be interesting, as the arrival of the next new ship will likely shake things up again. This is purely speculation, but my guess is that ship #6 goes to Port Everglades to align with the opening of Lighthouse Point. In 2024, that would leave the Magic as either a 2nd ship in Europe or a 3rd at Port Canaveral.

I'm guessing the long term planned deployment is something along the lines of:
Wish - Port Canaveral 3/4
Fantasy - Port Canaveral 5/5/4
Ship #7 - Port Canaveral 7s
Ship #6 - Port Everglades 5/5/4
Dream - Europe, New York, Port Everglades
Magic - Europe, San Diego(?), Galveston, San Juan (?)
Wonder - Alaska, Australia, San Diego

Yesterday's announcement that the Magic is going west for a brief San Diego season in fall 2023 is a fascinating development. I'm very curious to see if it's just a one time thing or if it becomes part of her annual rotation.

Sorry, I am not familiar - is this not the norm? Trying to find old itineraries but not sure it's helpful when looking toward the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter