What Grocery delivery service do you use?

Check their prices, total cost for our order would have been $100 higher compared to shopping for yourself.

:earsboy: Bill

I’ve found Instacart prices OK, certainly compared to Garden Grocer. I did 2 identicalish baskets in July and Garden Grocer was outrageous- 50% more than Instacart.

$10 off code for Instacart I used if anyone needs it- PAULH2C219A

And, with GG, you are limited to what they store in their warehouse. They will not find you "special" items like DDD will. Love those ladies!

Actually, you can make special requests with Garden Grocer. I do agree that they are pricing themselves out of the market though. We've used them on previous trips but are now considering other options.

SW

I’ve found Instacart prices OK, certainly compared to Garden Grocer. I did 2 identicalish baskets in July and Garden Grocer was outrageous- 50% more than Instacart.

$10 off code for Instacart I used if anyone needs it- PAULH2C219A

Thank you. Can your offer be used on deliveries that arent a first time use?

I was able to get a free delivery code and $10 off from FB using a DVC resale store code that partnered with them and used my dhs email, even though he wont be going. Ill use your code for my email for my alcohol order or make up a new email account or use my mom or dds. Thanks so much. Ill let you know if I use.

Anyone use Shipt at all?
They have a free trial and there is an Amex offer for $50 off a $99 order. Would that be from Supertarget? Winn Dixie? It's not available where we live so I'm not sure. Other sites recommend Shipt delivery to Disney resorts, but have not seen any feedback here. We are staying at AKL Jambo House.

We used Instacart for delivery in Vegas with no issues. GG has ridiculous pricing that may be higher then Disney gift shop pricing now. Wegoshop was just OK bu we requested Walmart and got Albertsons. The fruit was old and some items were very close to outdated. Walmart pickup with a car is fine, no issues. We won't have a car this time and our order will be bulky with cases of water and gatorade for marathon weekend.

Actually, you can make special requests with Garden Grocer. I do agree that they are pricing themselves out of the market though. We've used them on previous trips but are now considering other options.

SW

Every single time I have made any special request with GG, I either get a phone call or email telling me they cannot get whatever I am asking for. And we are talking basic things like flavored coffee creamers, Dr Pepper, hot bean dip for Fritos, etc.

Anyone use Shipt at all?
They have a free trial and there is an Amex offer for $50 off a $99 order. Would that be from Supertarget? Winn Dixie? It's not available where we live so I'm not sure. Other sites recommend Shipt delivery to Disney resorts, but have not seen any feedback here. We are staying at AKL Jambo House.

We used Instacart for delivery in Vegas with no issues. GG has ridiculous pricing that may be higher then Disney gift shop pricing now. Wegoshop was just OK bu we requested Walmart and got Albertsons. The fruit was old and some items were very close to outdated. Walmart pickup with a car is fine, no issues. We won't have a car this time and our order will be bulky with cases of water and gatorade for marathon weekend.

We are at OKW now and used Shipt the first day we were here. It was awesome! Easy to fill out our request, chose the store we wanted the groceries from, and delivered to the room at appropriate time. I got a two week trial for signing up for the yearly plan but can be cancelled at any time. Will do another order before we leave for refills!

We're looking at Prime Now, but wonder if things have improved if we added beer to our order. Heard reports of issues of not being able to leave at bell services and having to be present to receive delivery.

We use Instacart with Publix. Haven't had any problems with them.

Tried to signup for Walmart, but the won't take an out of country address.

Lyft is our delivery service. We'd rather pick out our own deli meats, fresh ingredients, and liquor at the Publix in the WaterTower Shops. We go from the BC lobby and back to the BCV in less than an hour and 1/2 with enough supplies that we usually give away a bunch as we're leaving.
So if you use lift do they wait for you to shop or do you call them back when you are done. Thanks

Well it took awhile for me to change my mind, but I cancelled my order with garden grocer and did a duplicate order with dizzy dolphin. The difference, minus the beer & wine was about $25, not huge, but that went towards libations on my new order. The thing that bothered me most actually was the $33 for the box wine that costs $16, like I said, $25 is not a big difference on a order for two weeks. We don't have any small kids with us this trip, so no snacky things, mostly meat and things for side dishes. It's done, lets see how it works out.

In the past we've used Garden Grocer (first rate customer service but pricey). We've also used Amazon Prime (was ok and relatively inexpensive; items that I had put in my cart mysteriously vanished, but I didn't pay for them), and also Publix delivery through Instacart (relatively inexpensive and all my items were there. I was able to get their fried chicken - YUM!).
I'll probably go with Instacart again in the future.

Last edited:
Well it took awhile for me to change my mind, but I cancelled my order with garden grocer and did a duplicate order with dizzy dolphin. The difference, minus the beer & wine was about $25, not huge, but that went towards libations on my new order. The thing that bothered me most actually was the $33 for the box wine that costs $16, like I said, $25 is not a big difference on a order for two weeks. We don't have any small kids with us this trip, so no snacky things, mostly meat and things for side dishes. It's done, lets see how it works out.
Thanks for this comparison. In another thread, I commented that Dizzy Dolphin is tricky for me as a Canadian because I have to research the size of every item in my cart. It’s not a matter of just checking my cupboard. I need to look each item up online to find the size of the package to order. With only a $25 dollar difference, Garden Grocer still looks like the best option due to its convenience.

So if you use lift do they wait for you to shop or do you call them back when you are done. Thanks

You would request a new ride once your shopping is done. They don't get paid to sit and wait the way taxi cabs can charge for idle time.

Quandrea, I didn't think garden grocer prices were crazy on the items that we bought, like, 5lbs ground beef, dizzy was about $4.50 cheaper, 5doz eggs, $3. cheaper. Cheaper, yes but not a lot considering the quantities. I think garden grocer kills you on some o the snack foods, like $6.99 for party size bag of chips. We eat mostly paleo so not many snacks. Plus, most of our junk food is eaten in the parks while we're there, talk about pricey, wow!

I'm ready to try Dizzy Dolphin or Prime Now after reading these reviews! We've used Instacart twice and this past trip over Thanksgiving made me say no thanks. Order included incorrect items and we were charged for them and it was missing items I ordered (I clicked on the "no substitutions"). The texts came frequently with offers of substitutions so I needed to be on my phone non-stop which was kind of a pain while in the park but even with that the errors occurred!? It wasn't easy to get in touch with them afterward to get a refund for the incorrect items and a refund...took several steps of trying to call and send emails... I don't want to be tied to my phone while on vacation and instead want to order and have it delivered like magic :-)

We are at OKW now and used Shipt the first day we were here. It was awesome! Easy to fill out our request, chose the store we wanted the groceries from, and delivered to the room at appropriate time. I got a two week trial for signing up for the yearly plan but can be cancelled at any time. Will do another order before we leave for refills!

Shipt is the route we took and the order and delivery was perfect. Our shopper let us know when she arrived at the store(Supertarget 192), she asked if we had any last minute requests, and notified us by text if the store was out of something so we could pick the substitution. We asked for things like 6 ripe bananas and 6 greener ones to last the week, and got those with no problem. We went with the $49 membership fee as we are making 3 more trips to Disney plus another trip or 2 elsewhere-it will pay for itself. We also used the $50 Amex offer so the only additional cost was the tip.

Because of price, Instacart has taken over GG as our Disney grocer. Publix (where IC will shop) also runs sales which propagate through IC and that helps with our grocery bill. We will purchase all of our breakfast food and most of our snacks while at Disney.

Has anyone does a price comparison of Dizzy Dolphin and say Instacart or Amazon Prime Now for the same items ?

We have used Garden Grocer in the past, but are looking for alternatives. I have priced out what we are considering ordering on GG, Instacart {Publix and Whole Foods) and Amazon Prime Now (Amazon and Whole Foods). While Instacart and Amazon Prime Now are comparable price-wize, GG is a fair bit more expensive for most items.

I am wondering how Dizzy Dolphin compares for item prices [I realize the delivery fees are different] ?

Thanks !

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!