What gets me most is the hypocrites on this board

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Stand By lines are unbearable when all FPs are gone for the day. For the people that don't like to plan, that means you show up to the Park for the day, there is ZERO chance of getting a FP for the main attraction because their gone. The Stand By lines for all of these are 90+ minutes so you get to do about 4 or 5 attractions in an entire day because of the waits in Stand By created by FP+.

No thanks, riding 5 attractions isn't worth 90 bucks a day X family of 4

Why should SB lines be effected at all if WDW moves from a paper based ride FP system to an electronic based FP system?

But the double and triple dipping is skewing the results. Of course they LOVE FP+ because they still can do this. What are they going to think when "you got your three fast passes, yes one of them was lunch, and that's all you get" :banana:

Oh, I completely agree. People love the testing, but what they are testing is not what reality will be. Alot of the "love" for FP+ is created from a false reality of the entire system.

And this "get to the park early" Have you heard about what's been happening.. Even with "early" on a Wednesday in October the big rides were out at "New Years Day line" levels according to the folks at Touring Plans (who make a living doing nothing but studying lines) Even they seem to be saying "you are going to be screwed even using our touring plans if you don't have a FP+ for the biggies!

Not true, those arriving at rope drop still have access to FP's for the headliners and standby wait times the first hour the park opens is what it was last month.

Touring plans has been grossly inaccurate here pretty frequently lately, which is probably one big reason they are redoing their computer models.

I expect some of the "this is great" are going to turn into the whiners they claim some of the rest of us are. "Wait you mean I can't ride Soarin' twice today unless I wait in an hour plus line" Or what do you mean I can only ride two E tickets since I used a fast pass for lunch LOL!

Agreed. Once the system is fully operational, those who have still been double and triple dipping will struggle making the adjustment.

Have you heard about what's been happening.. Even with "early" on a Wednesday in October the big rides were out at "New Years Day line" levels according to the folks at Touring Plans (who make a living doing nothing but studying lines) Even they seem to be saying "you are going to be screwed even using our touring plans if you don't have a FP+ for the biggies!

I expect some of the "this is great" are going to turn into the whiners they claim some of the rest of us are. "Wait you mean I can't ride Soarin' twice today unless I wait in an hour plus line" Or what do you mean I can only ride two E tickets since I used a fast pass for lunch LOL!

Honestly, while some of this is the FP+, our experience was that the parks as a whole were more crowded than we expected and supposedly than they have historically been this time of year. When we were there, we saw the line at 30 minutes for Small World- that didn't have anything to do with FP+. Someone reported that line for Small World was 45 minutes this week- again nothing to do with FP+. I think the parks have been more crowded than expected the last few weeks. I don't think everything going on now can be blamed on FP+, seems to me a part of it is unexpected and unusual crowd levels.

I agree with you that I HATE that you can't ride your favorites mores than once with FP+. Also 3 is not enough for MK- For example, one day we did the 3:00 parade and the ELP- that left us 1 FP available for rides the entire day. We are the type that since DD historically didn't care for any of the mountains would FP Peter Pan (DD's favorite), and then as soon as our window is up will get another FP for Peter Pan and so on. We never did FP on any of the mountains much (Did Space and Splash this trip- but I'm not sure I will ever get DD on Splash again). Plus, if you have multiple kids with different interests- you are pretty much forced to split up. The little one wants Pooh and Peter Pan- the bigger one wants Space, Spash and BTM- well, then the bigger one does not get to ride Peter Pan and Pooh because they are used up on their FP+. With the old FP- you can usually stagger pulling the paper and get FPs for all of these in a day.

There are some peope who will use FP+ as a tool to miss RDs because they will no longer have to get there so early to avoid longer lines for some of the headliners, but I have been saying for months I believe this will put more value on RDs. The ability to make all my FP+ after lunch, hit the headliners at rope drop and relax with higher capacity rides during the day will make things easier for me, even with only three FP+ recommendations.

That would be me. :mad: We arrive at Wyndham Bonnet Creek in six days. I get this sick feeling that our MK days will be limited to Stitch's Great Escape and the People Mover. :sick:

You'll be able to do Carousel of Progress too at least. You get to do all the BIG TIMERS!!!!

Thanks Disney!!!

Not sure how Universal wins in this. They make you pay for their "front of line" system if you aren't a resort guest. I have no problem with that. I completely think that it should be a resort guest privilege. And when I've gone to Universal I have paid to use it. You want more FP availability lock it down to the resorts. I've always felt that EMH was nothing to write home about. I stay on property because I love it, but there would be a greater incentive to stay at a WDW resort.

I could be wrong, but I know someone who worked on this system and I was under the impression it was always intended to replace the old FP system. Nothing has been officially announced, and I could be mistaken, but that was my conclusion based on what I was told about this WAY before it was even rolled out for testing. But then again everything changes and Disney changes things even after they have been "officially announced."

~LOL. I just read the first post but this really needs to be said, just go somewhere else. Seriously. :lmao:

~A hypocrite is someone who repeatedly creates a "postal" type thread every single week ranting on a message board about their disdain for Disney and "announcing" to everyone how their "done with Disney." But yet, they continue to return. Ugh.... Just go..... :(

~People who love Disney World and who express excitement about their vacations are *not* hypocrites -- they're smart people because they're investing their time, money and resources into something that makes them happy and an experience they find value in! We're the winners! Yay!

~The people who continue to visit Disney after they discover the experiences are no longer of value to them are not very smart -- they need to move on. They're the losers. Awww. If I don't like some place, I don't go. Simple. So apologist, that.

~Also, I have never heard of packed parks in October, somewhat busy yes. Disney is busier than ever, which is kind of ironic. With all of the "I'm cancelling my Disney trip" comments for the past couple of years, the parks should be empty! Right?
:rotfl:

I totally agree with you DR!.:thumbsup2

The system is new and we will have to see how it works. I won't know until we go in May, then I can express a honest review of the system.

No one knows for sure if it will be ok or not.They are only expressing a opinion.

AKK

Many people including myself are not happy with this FP + mess. I have been going to WDW almost annually for 30 years or so. Most of those trips have been in the "slower" seasons and I have never once did a rope drop or have I planned what my schedule was for the day. We have always been able to do basically everything we wanted to do, we worked around the crowd and used our FP when they came into effect.

This FP + system is a joke. I don't want to plan on when I'm going to eat and when I'm going to ride this ride or that 3/4/5/6 months out. That's utterly ridiculous. Now you can't even go to the Park and get a FP because they are all gone early in the day because most are taken up by these people getting them in advance. And forget about getting in a stand by line now for the big attractions. And a good part of this is not only because of the crap FP + system but from the people on this board that are scamming the system and double and triple dipping with all these FP's. People complain about the crowds on this board but then they're quick to point out how they got triple the FPs they should have because they used their Magic Band, Their KTTK card and their old room key. Ridiculous.

I agree with Disney charging people who don't show up for Dining Reservations, in fact they should charge them the price of the minimum meal X number of guests the reservation is for. If they catch you in the system with more FPs than the permitted amount, you should have your FP privileges revoked for your entire length of admission.

100% agreement with this whole post. I haver once booked more than one ADR, and I won't be booking rides six months before I go on vacation. I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow... do I know or care which rides I will be hitting at one time? Of course not.

People making charts and graphs and color colding their index cards are insane. You're visiting an amusement park, not another country. I went to Disneyland Paris for three days and did nothing more than read over the descriptions of the hotels so I knew at which I'd want to stay. No other planning, no meals, no reading about rides. Took the train myself from a town in England to Kings Cross, found my way to the EuroStar, and to the park. No planning, no research. Three days of doing what I wanted, when I wanted. Same thing with Disneyland.

Oh, and while we're at it, I always rent cars, never use the Magic Express handcuffs service. I like to be able to venture off property.

100% agreement with this whole post. I haver once booked more than one ADR, and I won't be booking rides six months before I go on vacation. I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow... do I know or care which rides I will be hitting at one time? Of course not.

People making charts and graphs and color colding their index cards are insane. You're visiting an amusement park, not another country. I went to Disneyland Paris for three days and did nothing more than read over the descriptions of the hotels so I knew at which I'd want to stay. No other planning, no meals, no reading about rides. Took the train myself from a town in England to Kings Cross, found my way to the EuroStar, and to the park. No planning, no research. Three days of doing what I wanted, when I wanted. Same thing with Disneyland.

Oh, and while we're at it, I always rent cars, never use the Magic Express handcuffs service. I like to be able to venture off property.

Your post was a little judgmental. I don't make graphs or charts, but I do make ADRs when I can, because it takes TWO MINUTES and I like to eat at Be Our Guest. It's not a big deal. Also, we rented a car once, last summer, and it was a huge waste of money. Disney transportation is second to none. The car was like an albatross.

Anyway, it's no skin off my nose if you don't want to plan. More good stuff for me.

The difference is that even those of us who do research are going to find ourselves UNABLE to get a FP+ time for the rides we want and WE will be the unhappy guest standing in that 2 hour standby line.
But that's true under the "old" (or "current", depending on how you want to look at it) system too. If I don't get up at 7am and get myself to DHS for opening and be among the first to get to TSM, then I'm not going to get a FP for 11am. And if the only time I want to go is 11am, then I'm an unhappy guest standing in that 2 hour standby line.

I certainly have at least the same -- if not more of a -- fighting chance to get the ride I want at the time I want if I go the FP+ route as I do if I go the current route, don't I? I don't see how it's such a huge difference. Either way, I'm hoping I can get the FP at a time I want it, while at the same time knowing that there's not a limitless supply.

:earsboy:

People making charts and graphs and color colding their index cards are insane.

So planning to be in the least crowded parks and making reservations for the better restaurants is now "insane"?

It's not sending a rocket into space, it's deciding on theme parks, resorts and restaurants. Having the ability and desire to make those decisions 2-6 months out, then having the ability and desire to change them when appropriate doesn't make someone insane.

What's insane is not taking advantage of the opportunities given to you, then complaining when things don't work out the way you want them to.

I wish I owned stock in Universal. Because I think they will be the big winners

Yes indeed. We are beginning to enjoy Universal more and more each visit. Disney's mythical customer service is long gone and I don't find any difference between the service I get at Universal and Disney. Now years back Disney's service, cleanliness, and attractions were all major reasons why we kept going back. Universal has caught up and even surpassed Disney in some aspects.

Yes indeed. We are beginning to enjoy Universal more and more each visit. Disney's mythical customer service is long gone and I don't find any difference between the service I get at Universal and Disney. Now years back Disney's service, cleanliness, and attractions were all major reasons why we kept going back. Universal has caught up and even surpassed Disney in some aspects.

We were at Universal last fall and found it incredibly boring and dated. YMMV.

Your post was a little judgmental. I don't make graphs or charts, but I do make ADRs when I can, because it takes TWO MINUTES and I like to eat at Be Our Guest. It's not a big deal. Also, we rented a car once, last summer, and it was a huge waste of money. Disney transportation is second to none. The car was like an albatross.

Anyway, it's no skin off my nose if you don't want to plan. More good stuff for me.

I started doing a spreadsheet with our reservation info a couple of years ago and it helps me keep things straight on which days we will be where.

Park hours get released, then I can figure out what parks I want to avoid on what days, then after I know where we will be, I know our choices for dinner/lunch. Once I know that, it's not that hard for me to figure out the attractions we want to FP+ for on what afternoon:

uz22.jpg

You are 100% correct, and that is why I think I may have spent my last day in WDW. I'll enjoy the Disney "Magic" on the cruise line which we have done the last 2 years and is now more enjoyable than the Parks. And even when the ships are at capacity, we can enjoy the vacation just as much as if it was empty. No having to worry about "on" or "Off" seasons, unless we want to save a little money
Well, then you've solved your own problem. If the ships are already (even under the "old" FP system) more enjoyable to you than the Parks, then why all the anger and drama?

:earsboy:

But isn't that true anywhere? Those people who do their research are always better off than the people who don't. If I book a trip to Europe but get stuck at the airport because I don't have the proper documentation, is that my fault or the airline's fault? If I show up at 9am on Black Friday to get a flatscreen for $20, and the store advertised that deal as only available between 3-4am, is it the store's fault that I didn't read the ad? If I don't know that I should book Space, Splash and Thunder on my one and only trip to WDW (and presuming my family and I love coasters), then clearly I haven't done a lick of research. Otherwise, why would I book PP, iasm and L&S? And if I'm not going to do any research for this incredibly expensive vacation I'm taking, then is it my fault or Disney's that I now have to wait 100 min to ride a "mountain"? Even under the "old" FP system, there were plenty of people who didn't know anything about FP. There are posts all over the DIS where people make fun of people who stand there and give dirty looks to the FP lines because the "newbies" didn't do their research. How is your scenario different? One would hope that if someone's going to spend the same amount on a vacation that they would on a car (ok ... a used car), they'd do at least a little bit of research before getting to the front gates. :earsboy:

Sensible except there comes a point where the amount of research or advanced planning needed to enjoy the park becomes ridiculous or onerous. You mention getting stuck at the airport. Great example. If it's something simple and reasonable like you forgot your ticket, it's your fault. If it's because customs has a messed up, overly complicated set of requirements then it's customs fault and the system needs to be streamlined.

Some people find fp+ to be easy, convenient and helpful. Others find it to be an onerous, restrictive pain in the butt. If in the future more people fall in the latter camp the problem likely will not be resolved by Disney telling them 'Well it's your fault it's not working out. You need to do more research and planning to have fun at our parks.'

I'm no apologist, but I just don't see why people are making mountains out of molehills.. You don't NEED to preplan.. you can use MDE or a kiosk at the parks and reserve a FP+ while there. It's not forcing you to do anything 60 days out.. It's just available 60 days out.

You definitely NEED to preplan - your are right that no one is forcing you but if you don't be prepared to not get the FP+ you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter