What expenses am I forgetting?

I always bring extra cash for food/goodies/drinks at the airport for on the plane. I usually pack snacks at home, but depending on the time of the flights you might have to buy a meal at the airport - oh and definitely a drink to bring on the plane (I know they serve one, but I'd rather have a drink with a twist top so it doesn't spill.

Another cost I always forget to factor in and doesn't pertain to all is kenneling cost for our dogs. This actually adds up fairly quick, especially when there are 2 dogs to consider, but just a thought if you have to worry about it.

Aaahhhhh, laundry money!!!! I do plan on doing a few loads on our "rest day." $2 a load to wash and dry, maybe $10 total? I'll pack a few fabric softener sheets, maybe look into those pellet things for soap so I don't have to buy it there. Thanks!!

So that you don't have to worry about soap and fabric softener you might want to check out those '3-in-1 washer/dryer sheets'. I know that Purex makes some. They go into the washer (have soap in them) and then go straight into the dryer to act as a fabric softener sheet - work great.

Looks like you have most expenses thought of. Since your kids are so young I wouldn't worry about the pins, golf (real or mini), etc. I know that you mentioned that you aren't a fan of the pressed pennies but they make a great and very cheap souvie. We use ziploc bags to put the quarters and pennies in and then another ziploc to put the pressed ones in. We bought a book at WDW to store them in and the kids love pulling it out and planning on which ones they will get on their next trip. It becomes almost like a scavenger hunt to find certain pennies.

The only other expense I can think of is luggage cart thing at the airport or tip for skycap?

and .....I always keep an extra stash of cash for Mickey Icecream bars :love:

The books for the pressed pennies are a great idea, we bought our son one so he could keep all the pennies together. Your children might also enjoy getting autographs so you might want to consider autograph books bring your own sharpies from home.

Thanks! I'm going to look into those penny books, I wouldn't mind doing them at all if I knew they weren't going to get lost in 10 minutes, lol!!

Add another roll of quarters for each boy to the 2 rolls of laundry quarters, that's going to be heavy!! $40 in quarters, that can go in checked luggage, lol!!!

I know what you're saying about the pennies getting lost, but they are a heck of a lot cheaper than trading pins!

And yes, it's .50 cents, plus 1 penny to press a penny.

However, I discovered that Disney has BOOKS you can purchase to keep the pressed pennies in and safe. I'm going to purchase one of those for my 2 kids to fill. It only costs $6.95 and holds 48 pennies and 6 quarters.

BTW - on Disney's site it says the driers cost $2 for 20 minutes of drying.

Where do you find the pressed penny books? Are they on Disney property? Thanks! :)

I just looked at the online Disney store to see if they had the penny press books and I couldn't find them, only autograph books. I hope the hotel gift shops has them, one more thing to come to the parks armed with and not have to worry about looking there. I'll keep looking.

My son got his pressed penny book at Rainforest Cafe. :)

Good to know! Thanks!

And congratulations on becoming a nationally certified teacher! I didn't know there was such a thing. I knew some states had reciprocity, but national boards are new to me. I'm sure it's no small feat. Be good to yourself! :)

Thank you SO much. That really means alot to me. National Board Teachers are considered certified in all but a very few states (TX & another that I can't remember). It's a very intense process that for me lasted 2 years (a few people can complete it in 1 but many take 3. There is more info here: http://www.nbpts.org/ Just in case any one is interested. LOL :-)

But seriously . . . thanks again. I really appreciate it. :)

Thank you SO much. That really means alot to me. National Board Teachers are considered certified in all but a very few states (TX & another that I can't remember). It's a very intense process that for me lasted 2 years (a few people can complete it in 1 but many take 3. There is more info here: http://www.nbpts.org/ Just in case any one is interested. LOL :-)

But seriously . . . thanks again. I really appreciate it. :)

You're welcome! I'm going to look at that site! I'm interested.

With mousekeeping , it was 1 or 2$ per person but we always leave 5$. I dont know the site:confused3, I am sure someone will know, where you can make your owen envelopes, they are so neat.
The penny press Is neat, but I have to agree that it got lost very quickly after we got home, but on your off day you can travel around to the diffrent resorts,check them out and they all have the penny press meachine. Me and my DS did this a few years back, it was pretty fun, made a game out of it, who could find the mechine frist.

Ohh, and a great way to carry quarters & pennies for the pressed penny machines, is to put them into M&M tubes! Pre-stacked... penny & 2 quarters over-and-over.

I've heard the Mentos tubes are a perfect fit for the pennies after they are pressed. I'm still trying to find a mentos tube out here as I don't want to carry the penny book around all day. I'll let the kids add them to the book once we're back at the resort.

Brilliant! I was wondering what to do with all of that loose change, and love the Mentos container idea and doing it back at the hotel! I love this board!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter