What DVC Perks do you currently use?

We use free internet, dvc discount, golf discount, spa discount, shopping discounts when available, Fultons & Raglan Road discounts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the free internet paid through our annual dues? I seem to remember reading something from DVC when they freed the internet that basically said it was because members were complaining about it so much that they added the cost of it to the dues so that we wouldn't be charged for it anymore.

Not that I'm complaining or trying to burst anyone's bubble. Don't get me wrong, I love not paying $10/day for internet, but I think it's more because we wanted it and were willing to pay for it through other methods and a little less through the generosity of Disney World as a Member's Perk.

Sorry if I sound cynical. I get this way every time the perks change and never seem to get better then what we had before.

I had lunch at sanaa the other day and they took 10% off. We fl. resident for but aps, and I use the free internet, I miss the free valet sort of, but we really only used that at places like vwl - we'd use it to go over there to eat, stuff like that. We had lunch at trails end the other day and they would give us 10% for dvc or ap either way.

Oh we usually go to the member mixer and sometimes use a dvc discount for party tickets.

The best thing we use is points to book a villa.

The AP discount is the best! We have the TIW card and that seems to pretty much cover the dining discounts, but the 30% off lunch DVC deal at Fultons's is a great perk for us. We use discounts for massages. We get the videos in the room for free.

Bobbi:goodvibes

free internet
movie rentals
ap discount
rain forest cafe meal discount

free movie rentals
AP discount
POOL HOPPING!!!

Seems like we've used just about all of them over the years. Within the last couple of years I know we have used:

* WDW AP discount
* Disneyland AP discount
* Free Internet
* DME
* Movie Rental
* Pool Hopping
* Various DTD shopping discounts
* Spa discount at SSR (now a tradition for DW :headache: )
* Pirate cruise discount

Going back a few more years we've also gotten discounts on boat rentals, after-hours parties (Pirate & Princess 2-3 years ago), some dining discounts, the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, single-day admission to waterparks and DisneyQuest and others I'm certainly forgetting. I'm not a golfer but they once allowed a relative traveling with us to buy the golf membership due to his room key with the "DVC Member" notation.

Not sure how I missed this and a Google search came up with nothing, but what are the details of the free movie rental?

Thanks!

Not sure how I missed this and a Google search came up with nothing, but what are the details of the free movie rental?

Thanks!

Each of the resorts has a selection of DVDs you can borrow to view in the room. I believe they are all Disney titles but there are some adult-oriented films like National Treasure.

The pickup location varies. The resorts at which I used the perk either had it in the Community Hall or gift shop. Front desk can certainly tell you where to go.

We've used the discount for MNSSHP tickets and free internet, but for this year, will get discounted APs and will also be able to take advantage of getting the DDP without the peak season surcharge added. :thumbsup2

Each of the resorts has a selection of DVDs you can borrow to view in the room. I believe they are all Disney titles but there are some adult-oriented films like National Treasure.

The pickup location varies. The resorts at which I used the perk either had it in the Community Hall or gift shop. Front desk can certainly tell you where to go.

Thanks.

I was thinking about something completely different.

We have 4 APs. The discount on APs has led us to TIW card and just recently 20% of all of our shopping purchases on our Feb. trip. In July we're planning to use the waterpatk discount.

We've grabbed DVDs and are using the discounted WDW APs. Also used a couple of other discounts (mainly in DL + Bongos in WDW) and bought some member exclusive pins...

Ummm ... National Treasure is a Disney flick? and I'm thinking it is appropriate for family viewing?

Ummm ... National Treasure is a Disney flick? and I'm thinking it is appropriate for family viewing?

I think tjkraz knows that... I'm pretty sure he meant that the videos available are not all animated princess movies, and include some mainstream (Disney/Buena Vista/Touchstone) movies as well.

I think tjkraz knows that... I'm pretty sure he meant that the videos available are not all animated princess movies, and include some mainstream (Disney/Buena Vista/Touchstone) movies as well.
Ah, gotcha. In that case -- it should be pointed out that not all the titles come from Disney and some are, without doubt, adult-oriented.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter