what does ds, dd and dh stand for

2minny

DIS Veteran
OK, I've been on here for years and understand that ds means son, dd means daughter, dh means husband...,but what does the "d" stand for??? Been wondering for ages :)

The first D is for Disney.

Not always ;)

For instance " I can't believe my DH forgot to make the final payment on our trip so we have to cancel!" -- the D does NOT mean Disney, Dear or Darling in this type of post-- I'll let you decide what it does! :teeth:

Not always ;)

For instance " I can't believe my DH forgot to make the final payment on our trip so we have to cancel!" -- the D does NOT mean Disney, Dear or Darling in this type of post-- I'll let you decide what it does! :teeth:

Haha, that made me laugh...:lmao:

thanks everyone :) I've decided I think it's silly to us "disney, darling, etc" before daughter...so I'm rebelling, I will just need to spell out hubby, daughter, etc.....what a rebel I am :)

thanks everyone :) I've decided I think it's silly to us "disney, darling, etc" before daughter...so I'm rebelling, I will just need to spell out hubby, daughter, etc.....what a rebel I am :)

We won't kick you out for that! ;)

Many internet forums use those so you may encounter it on other boards in the future. Of course if it is not a Disney board then the D would be for dear or darling. I have been on so many different forums for so many years that my brain actually uses those automatically. I have to be careful when writing off of forums (like emails to friends and family, or FB posts ) because I will automatically put DH or DD instead of their names. Really confuses my mother!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter