What do your kids love to do at Castaway Cay and why?

I'd be interested to know this as well, for 11 and 14 yr olds.... Not family stuff but kids club stuff. We always hang out on the family beach, do pelican plunge and rent tubes. This time, we'll try the snorkel trail. And my husband and I would like to check out serenity bay. So we're wondering what the kids can do without us. Thinking everyone is too old for scuttles cove.

Scuttles Cove I hope (kids are 9 and 6). We drop them there and head for Serenity Bay until lunch. Swim/snorkel with the kids in the afternoon.

6 y/o stayed at Scuttles Cove and I had to fight him away from there. 10 and 12 y/o went to edge and hung out with friends, also went to play on Pelican Plunge with their friends.

DD 13 goes with Edge group to "slide time" at Pelican Plunge after lunch, then they go to In Da Shade for games. DD 9 goes to Scuttles after lunch for Capture the Flag followed by water games. DW has a Cabana Massage at SB whilst I enjoy some Jimmy Buffett and drinks at the Castaway Air Bar.

I just realized you can check a Personal Navigator from a similar itinerary to see what the kid's clubs offer on the island and for which age groups (i.e., Edge and Vibe). This will be helpful in planning our day.

We really love hanging out at In Da Shade. I live for Konk Koolers on Castaway Cay. Floating on tubes. Most amazing massage in the cabanas too.

We really love hanging out at In Da Shade. I live for Konk Koolers on Castaway Cay. Floating on tubes. Most amazing massage in the cabanas too.

Do they still do the heavy sales pitch at the massages there? (I know about writing "No Sales Pitch Please" on your form, but I've also had them ignore that.)

We went in April of Last year so the water seemed to be much cooler than normal. We (my 6 & 4 year old boys) enjoyed playing on all the water stuff and spending time turning me into a mermaid on the beach :) We didn't stay out on CC long enough to experience everything they have to offer, but we hope to this go around.

Just realized I answered with a mix of parents and kids stuff.
Do they still do the heavy sales pitch at the massages there? (I know about writing "No Sales Pitch Please" on your form, but I've also had them ignore that.)

I didn't receive a heavy sales pitch.

Our boys are 11 & 5. Do you think they'll be ok doing the snorkeling?

Are they strong swimmers? The course might be kind of long for your 5 yr old but they give you inflatable life vests. My girls snorkeled for the first time when they were 6 in very deep water and they were fine. Make sure to.wear rash guards!

Teen Hideout-kids in edge get some time in there in addition to teens. Hammocks just for them, volleyball and just chilling

I'd be interested to know this as well, for 11 and 14 yr olds.... Not family stuff but kids club stuff. We always hang out on the family beach, do pelican plunge and rent tubes. This time, we'll try the snorkel trail. And my husband and I would like to check out serenity bay. So we're wondering what the kids can do without us. Thinking everyone is too old for scuttles cove.
As others have said, Edge stuff at In Da Shade, there are counselors around, but its like onboard where kids can leave at will. Very laid back and lax.

I'm 13 and castaway cay and is my LEAST favorite stop. I'll leave on a cruise Tommorow and if this thread is till active Friday I will talk about the things I did. It might move up in my rankings because I'll be doing parasailing, snorkeling, and bike riding. It will definitely be on trip report. I will bet parasailing will be canceled though. We'll see.

Thanks, what's In Da Shade vs Teen Hideout?
In-Da-Shade is the area that has games such as Ping-Pong, foosball, a basketball thing, connect 4, etc. It is open to everyone. The Teen Hideout is a area behind bike rental exclusive for teens. It has hammocks, rockers, a picnic table, volleyball and is extremely laid back (as in a teen can sleep in a hammock and nobody cares or bothers them)

I'm 13 and castaway cay and is my LEAST favorite stop. I'll leave on a cruise Tommorow and if this thread is till active Friday I will talk about the things I did. It might move up in my rankings because I'll be doing parasailing, snorkeling, and bike riding. It will definitely be on trip report. I will bet parasailing will be canceled though. We'll see.

I'm with you chaseg03! (except I'm a little older than 13 lol). I can't figure out why everyone loves CC so much! But in our 3 visits there, I feel like maybe we didn't take advantage of it well enough, so we'll try to branch out our next two times. We'd just rather be at a "real" island w/some culture (although other islands sure don't have Cookies2! ). Have a great cruise!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter